Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Punishment for that should be public execution or they cut off both his arms.

xuZCgS.gif

have been looking to set an appointment for the booster.... not a single pfizer appointment available ...

but moderna ....

XXEverywhere.jpg

btw i need pfizer :frown:

Last edited:
So glad I quit right before the vaccines were available. CVS, Walgreens, etc dont care about the well being of patients or staff. All they care about is metrics and profits.

No doubt. I work for a semi local grocer who prides themselves on being just slightly better than CVS/WAGS, as if it’s some type of prize to be at the top of a pile in a race to the bottom. I’m looking to move on as well. Interviewing next week for a drug info position. The whole situation is disgusting with these large chains and I’m sure they don’t care about potentially killing or harming patients. All just another line item on the P&L.

Retail pharmacy has to be one of the worst jobs out there right now.

This is why I'm so blessed to have dodged the "2 years of retail experience" in the pharmacy after I finished Pharm Tech school AND was immediately picked up for a technician position by a hospital instead.

One month clinical externship rotation at my local Walgreens for my Pharm Tech school program was enough for me...........couldn't deal with that ****, fam

Hospital pharmacy is such a breeze, even with all the high-intense (whining) nurses you have to tend to for medication requests.

Last edited:
i get my moderna booster tomorrow. first shot was nothing. second was mild sickness overnight. how has it been for most who got boosters? my wife got kinda sick with hers but i figured it was just the low tier pfizer quality 🤷🏻‍♂️

i get my moderna booster tomorrow. first shot was nothing. second was mild sickness overnight. how has it been for most who got boosters? my wife got kinda sick with hers but i figured it was just the low tier pfizer quality 🤷🏻‍♂️
After 8 month spacing, my booster only caused slight fatigue and a headache that started about 12 hours after the shot. Felt completely fine after 24 hours. Not nearly as bad as dose 2. You’ll be fine.

i got my second dose at the end of january. hopefully symptoms are mild. planning to go on a plane for the first time since covid-19 started. well over 2 years. my daughter’s first plane ride. short 45 minute island hop. figured i needed the booster for sure.

New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, and Utah each reported their first cases of the new variant on Friday.

it’s in New York now too

New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, and Utah each reported their first cases of the new variant on Friday.

it’s in New York now too
Only surprising thing there is that a guy who went to an anime convention actually has friends IRL to infect.

Honestly I'd be more worried about the following than about Omicron. The new Merck drug generates mutations in the replicating virus. It leads to a 30% reduction in hospitalization and death. But there are some concerns of what the increased mutations could lead to. I'm not saying that it is a problem, but just that we should study it more carefully. Meanwhile, the upcoming Pfizer drug leads to a 90% reduction in hospitalization and death and with a likely more benign mechanism.

worth reading the whole thread if interested but here's a glimpse:

as I read from virologists, the worse it sounds. Can anybody find a legit virologist who is actually excited about this drug?

edit: the vote was 13-10 by the FDA advisory committee, so seems like it will get some sort of limited approval at best and only be used in certain cases.

Last edited:
Another example of "we're never getting out of this". My 13yo had a girl scout camp this weekend - they've delayed it from about September last year and now decided to go. 90 girls from different troops around the city - "and great news girls, once you're off the bus no masks all weekend!".

She decided not to go which we were happy with. Their regular meeting is tonight - and of the 25 kids in her troop so far 10 have said they're not going because they're now not feeling well - not going for a test or anything because it's probably just a cold...

Yeah, she'll be missing tonight as well.

Back
Top Bottom