Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
That elective surgery with cancer patients article is a bit misleading.

Certain surgeries (even in cancer for example a benign tumor thats been there for a while) is not life threatening. Some would fall into the elective category. You just have to monitor it closely in certain cases.

Non-life threatening surgeries being postponed due to Covid beds needed is the first thing that happened back in March 2020 before the wave.

We’re truly back at square one with COVID. At this point, it’s gonna reach “if you die, you die” status. There will be no more shutdowns. And people will continue to be dumb and not get vaccinated. Aside from the symptoms of the second Pfizer shot, I still haven’t been sick since January of last year and that’s rare for me. If a booster is needed, I’m getting it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Certain surgeries (even in cancer for example a benign tumor thats been there for a while) is not life threatening. Some would fall into the elective category. You just have to monitor it closely in certain cases.

Non-life threatening surgeries being postponed due to Covid beds needed is the first thing that happened back in March 2020 before the wave.
Nah. That's crap. Sorry man

I have a family member who had to do their Annual diabetic physical over the phone (after already waiting an extra 4-5 months), and then they get a call that they need to do a stool sample, and that whole process took an extra 3 months. Imagine if it was cancerous. ****.

A basic colon check took 4-5 months longer than expected.

These issues exist all around

These folks are are 70 plus and compromised, and luckily vaccinated. But wow. A growth could be growing but let's close it all down just in case. I don't like it.

What article are you referring to?

If you are referring to the tweet and news story about Vegas, then I think you are misrepresenting what they said. The tweet referred to the surgeries as "important", the news story did about the same.

They referring to them as important to have, not immediately life-threatening. And the news story even breaks down that falls into the board category or elective surgeries.

The professor in the video referred to his cancer itself as life-threatening. I didn't see anything misleading about how the situation was presented.

Or I'm I missing something?

Last edited:
In regards to the friends and Trump convo on the previous page, we gotta stop giving clowns a Donald Trump pass and get to the root cause of why they’d support such a racist, misogynistic, anti-intellectual in the first place. The answers are pretty obvious, but I can see how they’d be hard to acknowledge. It sucks being enlightened to who someone truly is past the surface level.

Not sure how you guys do it b/c any Trump fan couldn’t be a friend to me, history be damned. Some lines you just don’t cross. Hell, I’ve lost family members over Trump. It sucks but good riddance. I’d rather build with people of integrity, decency and empathy.

Traveling during this pandemic was interesting. Masks were optional throughout the airport and mandatory on the plane. It was packed, too. After a few hours of sleep, I have a sore throat. I'm unsure if it's related to COVID, but I'm slowly becoming suspicious and paranoid about everything lol

Side note: I'm flying Business Class or at least Premium from now on. Trying to be frugal isn't worth it when you're bunched up with little leg room for hours.

Last edited:
In regards to the friends and Trump convo on the previous page, we gotta stop giving clowns a Donald Trump pass and get to the root cause of why they’d support such a racist, misogynistic, anti-intellectual in the first place. The answers are pretty obvious, but I can see how they’d be hard to acknowledge. It sucks being enlightened to who someone truly is past the surface level.

Not sure how you guys do it b/c any Trump fan couldn’t be a friend to me, history be damned. Some lines you just don’t cross. Hell, I’ve lost family members over Trump. It sucks but good riddance. I’d rather build with people of integrity, decency and empathy.
Yeah, no excuse for anyone to vote for or support racist garbage unless that person is the same kind of trash.

Yep was referring to the tweet. Glanced over it, so might’ve misrepresented it as him categorizing certain surgeries as immediately life threatening which aren’t.

But I’m saying medically if you can postpone a surgery these are none-life threatening. Life threatening refers to surgery or intervention is needed immediately at this moment or the patient will deteriorate.

I completely understand compromised patients with diabetes, annual check ups being postponed, teledoc appointments that can’t solve anything. I get all that. Hell sometimes it takes 1 month just to get an appointment in none Covid times.

But im sorry Covid patients being hospitalized takes priority. No one that works in a hospital bats an eye about giving a bed to a Covid patient over a regular patient. I know people that complained about postponing their elective surgeries and STILL almost 1.5 years later they still didn’t get their surgeries with plenty of opportunities. Hell they designated an entire hospital (definitely helped some patients) and an entire boat (this was a political joke btw) in NYC specifically for non COVID patients needing immediate intervention and that thing was majority empty most of the time.

Ive already accepted that people wont get vaccinated. There’s literally nothing we can do, you’re not gonna turn the city into a police state and these dumb restrictions of showing proof won’t do a thing. Until close family members start dying there is no possible way to convince people who are too far gone.

Unfortunately this is the reality we live in. Gotta hope these new variants are weakened mutations and people atleast wear a mask for the foreseeable future.

We’re robots at this point, most mentally checked out. The amount of **** we see and deal with daily I def know people that quit and cry at the end of their shifts.

Everyone has certain memorable patients you empathize with though. You know your duty to your patients and that’s it. You always have the extra political ones who want their voices to be heard but thats less than the 1% I can assure you most I worked with dont give a **** about all the politics involved, all these news articles about the left and right, antivaxxers, we literally don’t care about people who are too far gone. You try to convince people otherwise, but it’s headache, and no one has time for that ****. So yes most of us stopped caring and just do our jobs.

This whole pandemic turned everyone political all of a sudden. Peoples egos and selfishness are getting in the way of life and death situations. You don’t want to get vaccinated because it changes your DNA? Here’s why it doesn’t, but no problem.

You try to convince people otherwise, but it’s headache, and no one has time for that ****. So yes most of us stopped caring and just do our jobs.
Had a family member a few months back complain to me about the hospital's visitation policy and how COVID is being "weaponized" against the population.

Straight up told her "I don't have time to discuss this with you" and walked out of the room.

Yep was referring to the tweet. Glanced over it, so might’ve misrepresented it as him categorizing certain surgeries as immediately life threatening which aren’t.

But I’m saying medically if you can postpone a surgery these are none-life threatening. Life threatening refers to surgery or intervention is needed immediately at this moment or the patient will deteriorate.

I completely understand compromised patients with diabetes, annual check ups being postponed, teledoc appointments that can’t solve anything. I get all that. Hell sometimes it takes 1 month just to get an appointment in none Covid times.

But im sorry Covid patients being hospitalized takes priority. No one that works in a hospital bats an eye about giving a bed to a Covid patient over a regular patient. I know people that complained about postponing their elective surgeries and STILL almost 1.5 years later they still didn’t get their surgeries with plenty of opportunities. Hell they designated an entire hospital (definitely helped some patients) and an entire boat (this was a political joke btw) in NYC specifically for non COVID patients needing immediate intervention and that thing was majority empty most of the time.

Ive already accepted that people wont get vaccinated. There’s literally nothing we can do, you’re not gonna turn the city into a police state and these dumb restrictions of showing proof won’t do a thing. Until close family members start dying there is no possible way to convince people who are too far gone.

Unfortunately this is the reality we live in. Gotta hope these new variants are weakened mutations and people atleast wear a mask for the foreseeable future.
Is this a response to my post? Or a general statement

The first sentence seems like you are responding to me, but then you go on to address an argument I never made, nor does the tweet or new story.

So I'm a bit confused

Anyway, I don't think the beef people have is with hospital policy. They are trying to save lives, they are doing their best. It is with people that are still not taking this situation seriously, which caused hospitalizations to spike, again, and holding up folk like cancer patients like the one in the news story. Folk need to take this seriously because the effects of this go beyond those who get sick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom