Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Girlfriend's grandparents just tested positive for COVID after she visited them 2 days prior. She's a bit of an emotional wreck right now, and I'm sure me telling her that we should keep our distance the next few days until she gets tested didn't help anything.

I'm bracing myself for a rough road ahead.

Girlfriend's grandparents just tested positive for COVID after she visited them 2 days prior. She's a bit of an emotional wreck right now, and I'm sure me telling her that we should keep our distance the next few days until she gets tested didn't help anything.

I'm bracing myself for a rough road ahead.
sheesh captain obvious :lol:

jus be supportive all u can do, ask if she wants u to order some stuff online or sumtin

My landlord left a notice saying they needed to go inside all apartments to “check fire alarms”. Man....I don’t need a team of strangers to do that during a pandemic. Besides, I can check them by myself

My apartment complex did this a couple weeks ago. It was only 1 guy who wore a mask and gloves. I asked him to put shoe booties on and he obliged. After he left, i wiped down the floors and sprayed lysol disinfectant in the areas he was in. Rather be safe than sorry.

tf she talking about "public commerce" :lol: :lol:

just post these signs up all over the entrance:
Right-Refuse-Services-Sign-S-7385.gif

I like the no-mask, no service policy. You eliminate the lower echelon of society.

It’s definitely a helpful visual indicator - but it’s not as clear as that. There are definitely pockets of resistance - I’ve noticed that the cheaper food places around here have a lot more people (and staff) not wearing a mask but there’s also a middle class 50-something cohort - the classic Karen who does their research on Facebook and doesn’t understand that that isn’t the same as peer reviewed scientific literature.

My opinion was validated by the statistics of my city - the areas with the most cases were a couple of the more deprived areas and a couple of the middle class ones.

My theory is that it’s a combination of working class people having to work and having to use public transport etc (probably mixed in with a bit of low intelligence thinking they know better) and entitled middle class folks who think that that will protect them and they have rights...

That Karen didnt wanna shop, she just wanted to see what she could get away with.
Bored as hell at home on FB. Smh.

I’m not gonna say it’s just a Karen thing either, hood fools ain’t following no masks laws either. Everybody just selfish and stupid when it comes to this thing man. It’s sad. It kinda makes you lose hope in humanity.

Last edited:
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed

My wife a primary care doctor double boarded in peds and internal medicine went to school for 12 years total. 4 pre-med, 4 medical school, 4 residency. She’s out here running a Covid clinic one day a week and just got her second shot.

No offense, but I’ll take a doctors advice about my health versus a pharmacist. I’ll be getting my vaccine as soon as I can.

The number of fatalities in the US from covid-19 (~400k) is in the ballpark now of those from the 1918-1918 flu pandemic (~675k). The population is 3x now what it was then. Also keep in mind that we have 100 years of modern medicine to help us keep deaths down. And we're only doing 3x better. Compared to the worst pandemic in the nation's history.

USA! USA! USA!

So I just learned the Moderna vaccine is only for people over the age of 17?

does it not work for 16 and below or is it 17+ because we want that group to get it since the 16 and under age group isn't hit as hard when they get covid?

Or did I get bad info?

I have an opportunity to get the vaccine for me and wife now but I dont know how I feel about getting it when its technically not my turn. I know a few people who got the vaccine and they are not in the high risk group.

Think I might pass but passing just means it probably goes to someone else in my situation and not to someone else who really needs it.

Conflicted. The vaccine is one of those things I dont think I'll feel great about coming up on.

does it not work for 16 and below or is it 17+ because we want that group to get it since the 16 and under age group isn't hit as hard when they get covid?

Or did I get bad info?

I have an opportunity to get the vaccine for me and wife now but I dont know how I feel about getting it when its technically not my turn. I know a few people who got the vaccine and they are not in the high risk group.

Think I might pass but passing just means it probably goes to someone else in my situation and not to someone else who really needs it.

Conflicted. The vaccine is one of those things I dont think I'll feel great about coming up on.

Get it man. Simple as that.

yeah I don't get this "I don't want to skip ahead in line" logic.

you getting it = one less person who can get covid and spread it and take up a hospital bed

the burden isn't on you to do all the math and logistics and figure out if you deserve it right now or not. if we spend too much time doing that, the doses will expire and we'll end up throwing them away.

worst case, you delay somebody else's vaccination by a day. big deal.

it's not like you're stealing a dose or faking your identity and kidnapping your grandpa so you can get his dose.

Or did I get bad info?

It’s usually because it’s not been tested on that age group so the license is only for those 18 and up.
Lots of drugs are like that at first - they’ll probably do the trials for other age groups shortly.

Back
Top Bottom