Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
on the 10 frwy going home after work, stuck in traffic, wondering where all these people are coming from

I felt like in March and April the roads were pretty empty, but since summer traffic has been back to normal in my area at least.

Reactions: Ube
a pharmacist just makes sure patients get the correct dose and are taking them correctly.
this logic doesn't make sense. if you really wanted a strong opinion, you should talk to a pathologist or virologist. they have given me full confidence.
there's a reason why these trials are ran by doctors and pharmacists are nowhere in sight. you should look elsewhere for insight tbh

:lol: My man, all of this is completely false.

Nah, I meant since there is a shutdown would something like this raise the prices of ride shares?
The surge goes up, normally in the downtown core its like an extra $2-2.50 per trip, but itll jump up to an extra $5. Then you get the promos, 1.3x 1.4x on top. Tips are great too, most people are generous with the tips. Even more when theres a snowstorm. Can avg about 45/hr

:lol: My man, all of this is completely false.
I am not as exposed to pharmacy as they don’t deal with patient care. I mainly deal with them through phone calls. Is there any truth to what he was saying about pharmacists taking the vaccine?

I am not versed in pharmacy at all as they don’t deal with patient care. Is there any truth to what he was saying about pharmacists taking the vaccine?

To answer your question, it's 50/50. Some are doing it bc they are old or are around the elderly. Others want to wait out a little.

Pharmacists have been around in every setting (retail, hospital, FDA, ambulatory care, research/development, toxicology) to know when something given to a patient can and wont work. They are the ones literally creating the medication.

How do pharmacists not deal with patient care?

At your local retail setting like a CVS, all day they make doctor calls, are in contact with patients regarding adherence, interactions, side effects, change of drug therapy, tapering/weening off, etc.

On the hospital side, clinical pharmacists in every unit (ICU, Emergency, Warfarin clinic, Psych ward, etc) do rounds and are in direct contact with patients and their routine medications or upon discharge. Who do you think doctors call on the inpatient side to make sure they are sending in the correct dose for the correct indication? Or to make sure there are no significant contraindications or interactions to their drug therapy? Who do you think everyone in the hospital contacts when they need the vaccine or has questions about the vaccine? The pharmacy director who receives it directly from the pharmaceutical company.

In terms of drug trials, pharmacists are literally on every single board. They are the ones that are in the dead center of the research department. Studying pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics as well as the pharmacology of every side chain of every medication or vaccine in the pipeline.

So that guy 100% asked the right health care professional about whether or not he should recieve the vaccine. Any medication/vaccine related question should be asked to a pharmacist.

To answer your question, it's 50/50. Some are doing it bc they are old or are around the elderly. Others want to wait out a little.

Pharmacists have been around in every setting (retail, hospital, FDA, ambulatory care, research/development, toxicology) to know when something given to a patient can and wont work. They are the ones literally creating the medication.

How do pharmacists not deal with patient care?

At your local retail setting like a CVS, all day they make doctor calls, are in contact with patients regarding adherence, interactions, side effects, change of drug therapy, tapering/weening off, etc.

On the hospital side, clinical pharmacists in every unit (ICU, Emergency, Warfarin clinic, Psych ward, etc) do rounds and are in direct contact with patients and their routine medications or upon discharge. Who do you think doctors call on the inpatient side to make sure they are sending in the correct dose for the correct indication? Or to make sure there are no significant contraindications or interactions to their drug therapy?

In terms of drug trials, pharmacists are literally on every single board. They are the ones that are in the dead center of the research department. Studying pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics as well as the pharmacology of every side chain of every medication or vaccine in the pipeline.
Yeah I edited my part about patient care. It was short sighted. My main dealing with them is what I should’ve said first . But yes I do see them a lot especially trauma situations.
And I after reading my original statement it was foolish of me to say they weren’t involved in the trials. I do think homies original statement was wrong though and don’t represent the general sentiment from the pharmacists and techs I know.

But to anyone that is still hesitant about the vaccine I have come across this article from pharmacists which will def give you confidence about the vaccine

Nah, I meant since there is a shutdown would something like this raise the prices of ride shares?

Depends on how many available drivers and ride requests (uber/Lyft driver). Rideshare could opt to suspend surge prices (I think they did), during the first national lockdown. If you need a ride I'd schedule one, that way you're guaranteed ride. Lyft I think you can the app, uber I think you have to call. But honestly 🤷‍♂️haven't driven since February. @ me if that didn't answer you're quesrion.

Last edited:
I don't think expertise on the vaccine is the purview of any single profession or specialty. The pharmacists know the dosing and side effects, the nurses know the procedural aspects, the doctors know the physiology, and the scientists know the mechanisms. And, if anything, the biotech company has the most skin in the game (and know the most about the development of the vaccine and the ins and outs of how it's packaged and distributed).

On the flip side, there's plenty of credentialed doctors or pharmacists or nurses who know jack **** but will spout off some random theory or explanation and not be challenged on it.

Personally I think immunologists have the most expertise on this along with the scientists or physicians involved in the clinical trials (or similar vaccines or mRNA approaches), but everybody brings something different to the table. For example I know absolutely nothing about where and how the vaccine is actually stored once it reaches a pharmacy or hospital.

To add, I’m just not seeing the skepticism in the hospitals a lot of people are reporting. my hospital is less than 10% who don’t want to take it but throughout all of the campuses we have about 24% who have not taken it and don’t want to (out of over 16k+ employees). Still a lot lower than what other places are saying and that’s here in the south.

To add, I’m just not seeing the skepticism in the hospitals a lot of people are reporting. my hospital is less than 10% who don’t want to take it but throughout all of the campuses we have about 24% who have not taken it and don’t want to (out of over 16k+ employees). Still a lot lower than what other places are saying and that’s here in the south.
Same here -- there's almost no skepticism. Most want to get it as soon as possible. Some want to wait a little but I haven't seen anybody who is strongly opposed to the vaccine.

It's the complete opposite with people not in medicine. Which is sad.

Same here -- there's almost no skepticism. Most want to get it as soon as possible. Some want to wait a little but I haven't seen anybody who is strongly opposed to the vaccine.

It's the complete opposite with people not in medicine. Which is sad.
One of the major hospitals here in Houston , Methodist, is actually giving out a 500$ incentive to everyone getting the vaccine.

Last edited:
In case anybody's wondering about how we're doing with vaccine roll-out, the answer is "not good." There have been 30 million doses distributed. Only a third have been used, and only 10% who have received the first dose have also received the second.

In case anybody's wondering about how we're doing with vaccine roll-out, the answer is "not good." There have been 30 million doses distributed. Only a third have been used, and only 10% who have received the first dose have also received the second.

I have full confidence that once the first phase is done and more vaccines are starting to be authorized for use in the general public (my 66 y/o mom and 90+ y/o grandparents got their first dose of Moderna this morning), the pace will rapidly increase. We are in talks with the county to have my company's parking lot used as a vaccine drive through center in the next week or two, so I'll hopefully be getting mine ASAP. *fingers crossed

I have full confidence that once the first phase is done and more vaccines are starting to be authorized for use in the general public (my 66 y/o mom and 90+ y/o grandparents got their first dose of Moderna this morning), the pace will rapidly increase. We are in talks with the county to have my company's parking lot used as a vaccine drive through center in the next week or two, so I'll hopefully be getting mine ASAP. *fingers crossed
I also have hope too. With all these stadiums around the country being used for giving the vaccine we could see a rapid increase in them being given out in the next month or so.

great news in hawaii. they’re moving to old people and my mom got signed up. she said that she was able to sign up someone she considered her caregiver also so she threw my brother’s name in there. i’ll feel way better when she gets both of her shots.

That's awesome! My dad is going tomorrow morning and he said he could also bring me along as his "caregiver" but I don't feel comfortable jumping the line like that, especially since it seems like I may be able to get mine within a couple weeks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom