Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
try not to base accuracy on the time it takes to get results. there's 2 main type of COVID tests, PCR (which detects for a current viral infection, typically takes an hour) and an antibody test (you usually develop antibodies after the infection, typically takes 30 minutes).
technically, you can have results ready in an hour for both tests if, for example, they're performed as soon as a sample is collected. it just depends on whether they're gonna run your test "in-house" or "sending out" to a large scale lab. when they say a few days to get results, they're taking into account travel time.
but to kinda answer your accuracy question, take the PCR test to see if you currently have the virus. antibody testing is usually recommended 10 days after onset of symptoms.
i work in the lab at a medical center in los angeles county if that matters.
stay safe everyone.

try not to base accuracy on the time it takes to get results. there's 2 main type of COVID tests, PCR (which detects for a current viral infection, typically takes an hour) and an antibody test (you usually develop antibodies after the infection, typically takes 30 minutes).
technically, you can have results ready in an hour for both tests if, for example, they're performed as soon as a sample is collected. it just depends on whether they're gonna run your test "in-house" or "sending out" to a large scale lab. when they say a few days to get results, they're taking into account travel time.
but to kinda answer your accuracy question, take the PCR test to see if you currently have the virus. antibody testing is usually recommended 10 days after onset of symptoms.
i work in the lab at a medical center in los angeles county if that matters.
stay safe everyone.

No love for antigen tests?

antigen testing for COVID right now isn't as sensitive as the PCR tests; they're just not as reliable. our head pathologists aren't even comfortable bringing them into our lab.
if you were to get an antigen test ordered by a doctor and it came back negative, they'll probably order a PCR test for confirmation, so you might as well skip that first step and go straight for the PCR.

antigen testing for COVID right now isn't as sensitive as the PCR tests; they're just not as reliable. our head pathologists aren't even comfortable bringing them into our lab.
if you were to get an antigen test ordered by a doctor and it came back negative, they'll probably order a PCR test for confirmation, so you might as well skip that first step and go straight for the PCR.
I think it depends on the situation. Antigen tests are most reliable when viral loads are highest and the person is most contagious, so if you start feeling symptoms and need to know whether it’s safe for you to go to work or participate in a specific activity and can’t wait days (up to a week or more at times) for results then I think antigen tests are the best option.

yeah, different situations call for different courses of action. and antigen testing is a lot cheaper.

That's crazy. I hadn't seen any evidence of animal to human transmission so far, but this article seems to indicate that there's evidence of human to animal transmission, significant mutation, then transmission back to humans of the mutated virus. I'd like to see additional evidence, but this is scary stuff IMHO.

yeah, different situations call for different courses of action. and antigen testing is a lot cheaper.

The arguments I've seen for it mainly center around the fact that it's alot simpler to administer and results are very fast, so if there's widespread antigen testing among the population we can hopefully have a way for people to see whether it's safe for them to work, go to school, etc that day and avoid unknowingly infecting others. Of course, it will not accurately pick up infections that are in stages that are very early or very late, but it's reasonably accurate during the most infectious periods when viral loads are high. For whatever reason, my county stopped even counting antigen tests, regardless of the results. It has definitely resulted in a lower number of daily infections reported, which has so far kept businesses open in the short term...

That's crazy. I hadn't seen any evidence of animal to human transmission so far, but this article seems to indicate that there's evidence of human to animal transmission, significant mutation, then transmission back to humans of the mutated virus. I'd like to see additional evidence, but this is scary stuff IMHO.
Personally not a big fan of the practices and standards of these fur farms, but this is wild; basically wiping out the entire industry. Worst case the the city Hjørring could becomes the next Wuhan and if this mutation can't be contained, if could mess up the last six months of vaccine development. If this blows up, Danes' about to top the ****list. :wow::wow::wow:

That's worst case, but **** hasn't hit the fan just yet.

Tested Negative on the rapid test. Wife did too.
Waiting on the PCR test results which should be back in 3 days.
They told me that because the person I was exposed to tested positive only 2 days ago that I should go back in 6-8 days to get retested because that’s the “incubation period”

w6yhqi7e8fx51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom