Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
random, but if anyone needs more masks, the GAP ones are fantastic. Super comfortable ear wraps and they are big.

Good for the big face people in here.
I just got a three pack of these the other day, they are good. I also tried the Todd Snyder ones, material was great and they fit well but the shape is off and it’s like a huge bulge. :lol:

"'History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.'"

People never remember nor learn.
:emoji_mask: 💯

STOP buying hand sanditizer.... all the recalls all the pporly made variants under immense time crunch

im GOOD, btw alcohol shouldnt freeze, your jus rubbing clear **** on your hands

hot water and soap!!! real soap! carry around lotion like you do sanitizer

source.gif

i dont even know why with the coronavirus active all around the country why MLB and NBA are trying to push sports

are they both that hard up for television money and dont say its for the fans who have missed sports since march
come on

your right i don't mind a some sports but everyone is just taking a big risk for nothing

It's easy to be critical if we strip away all nuance and context.

The reality is pro sports like any other industry, is a matter of people's livelihoods. Not just the athletes (99.99% of whom are not seeing anything close to Mookie Betts/Patrick Maholmes money), but hundreds of coaches, trainers, physios and medical professionals.

You got groundskeepers, janitors, security guards, and cafeteria workers. Entire accounting, marketing, legal counsel and human resources departments. At the major league level i.e. MLB, NFL, NBA, a team in a big market might have well over a thousand full time employees.

You of have subsections of seemingly separate industries that are completely dependent on sports in professions like broadcasting, television, radio and print media.

I write all of that because we know for certain that precautions can be taken to make pro sports one of the safer industries in operation right now. Professional soccer has been ongoing across multiple countries in Europe for almost 4 months without compromising people's safety. Organizations and league offices can operate safely in the COVID-19 environment because the resources and organizational capacity are there. We know this objectively.

My concern is amateur and youth sports where the means to mitigate risk and operate safely generally do not exists, yet in some parts of America, amateur sports are carrying on as if the pandemic were not ongoing.

It's easy to be critical if we strip away all nuance and context.

The reality is pro sports like any other industry, is a matter of people's livelihoods. Not just the athletes (99.99% of whom are not seeing anything close to Mookie Betts/Patrick Maholmes money), but hundreds of coaches, trainers, physios and medical professionals.

You got groundskeepers, janitors, security guards, and cafeteria workers. Entire accounting, marketing, legal counsel and human resources departments. At the major league level i.e. MLB, NFL, NBA, a team in a big market might have well over a thousand full time employees.

You of have subsections of seemingly separate industries that are completely dependent on sports in professions like broadcasting, television, radio and print media.

I write all of that because we know for certain that precautions can be taken to make pro sports one of the safer industries in operation right now. Professional soccer has been ongoing across multiple countries in Europe for almost 4 months without compromising people's safety. Organizations and league offices can operate safely in the COVID-19 environment because the resources and organizational capacity are there. We know this objectively.

My concern is amateur and youth sports where the means to mitigate risk and operate safely generally do not exists, yet in some parts of America, amateur sports are carrying on as if the pandemic were not ongoing.

not to argue with you but you don’t think any and all pro sport teams in a crisis Still can pay their employers like
thegroundskeepers,
janitors,
security guards,
cafeteria workers.
accounting,
marketing,
legal counsel
human resources departments.

im sure the legal counsel marketing and accounting people get paid close to what a beach warmer would get a year on any pro sport team

the other jobs you Mention yes those people will find it a struggle with no income coming in I agree with that

we know that the jobs these people do are the heart of any business

the pro sport teams have the cash to pay for these day to day works If no games are played But risking the players lives to the janitors are the easy way out to keep income coming in

once again it all comes down to money not the well being of people doing these mundane jobs or how are they going to pay their precious billion dollar players

amateur and youth sports you’re right should be shut down all together there talking too much of a chance

Last edited:
not to argue with you but you don’t think any and all pro sport teams in a crisis Still can pay their employers

The rational behind this question doesn't make sense. Surely you don't think that NOT being in operation increases an organizations ability to pay employees, do you?

im sure the legal counsel marketing and accounting people get paid close to what a beach warmer would get a year on any pro sport team

I don't know what you're trying to get at here, but no. The minimum salary in the "Big Four" American leagues ranges from 500K to 900K a year.

The WNBA minimum is 60K, G-League is about half that, but yea I don't really know what you're trying to say here. Why does whatever someone in accounting gets paid matter to your argument?

the pro sport teams have the cash to pay for these day to day jobs If no games are played But risking the players lives to the janitors are the easy way out to keep income coming in

one again it all comes down to money not the well being of people doing these mundane jobs or how are they going to pay their precious billion dollar players

Bro I'm sorry but this aint even coherent. Again, we know that at the highest levels of pro sports, operations can resume safely in the pandemic. With precautions put in place and adjustments made to operations, there were zero new clusters of cases or spreading with the restart of pro sports in other parts of the world.

We're in this for the long haul, any facet of the economy/society that can function SAFELY should do so. It's actually the best thing for everyone.

The argument that "it's just sports, it really doesn't matter anyway," doesn't pass muster.

Back
Top Bottom