Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
4 therapists from my dept were quarantined, apparently due to a lack of kits they simply cannot test everyone that might have had any type of indirect contact with the infected, only those who were in DIRECT contact, I literally walked passed this man’s room helping out my coworker who’s quarantined now and who was treating him directly, however his family was cruising the halls of the ICU like **** was sweet and now the wife and sons tested positive, I’m livid because I can’t even get tested unless I’m symptomatic, which I am not...but now I’m paranoid AF to even be at work because my job is turning into some sort of ground Zero for NY....but what choice do I and so many of my other coworkers have? 😓
This is stupid af considering cases from abroad have shown you can spread the virus while asymptomatic.

The way the US is handling this doesn’t breed confidence

Forgot to post photos because I wasn’t on mobile. But here you have it. Now I have to wait two days for my toilet paper like some kind of animal.

(I don’t even want to bother with the store lol)

Attachments

• A1D28D6F-0E30-4E57-BFEB-543CA1E39475.png
    A1D28D6F-0E30-4E57-BFEB-543CA1E39475.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 309
  • B6FAF566-63D5-4D7B-A202-739D38550C00.jpeg
    B6FAF566-63D5-4D7B-A202-739D38550C00.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 388
Forgot to post photos because I wasn’t on mobile. But here you have it. Now I have to wait two days for my toilet paper like some kind of animal.

(I don’t even want to bother with the store lol)
How long before people in the US start pulling guns on eachother for toilet paper?

my cousin takes the train up to SF for work

he's been driving for the last month lol
I’ve been avoiding BART as much as I can even before the coronavirus. I feel like whatever’s been living on those trains is far worse :lol: I don’t even care that it costs me extra $ or time to get to where I need to

back at home now after going to Saudi and UAE. I had minimal contact with people. Went to the mall briefly in Dubai to buy food. It seemed normal but I saw people wearing masks without knowledge. I noticed gaps from the mask and their cheeks. Seems these people are just wearing the mask for the sake of what they hear on the news. At the airport, i was giving the stink eye who ever coughed and sneezed without covering up. It is a strange place when we all know there is a threat and people are reckless.

So I’m watching NYC mayor deBlasio give a briefing about the attorney who contracted Coronavirus and the rest of his law firm, and lo and behold, the Loud *** emergency message comes on to do a test. So the mayor is giving a breaking news briefing and these bastards are doing a test while he’s talking. Yep we’re done, it’s a wrap.

back at home now after going to Saudi and UAE. I had minimal contact with people. Went to the mall briefly in Dubai to buy food. It seemed normal but I saw people wearing masks without knowledge. I noticed gaps from the mask and their cheeks. Seems these people are just wearing the mask for the sake of what they hear on the news. At the airport, i was giving the stink eye who ever coughed and sneezed without covering up. It is a strange place when we all know there is a threat and people are reckless.

The general public does not know the difference between different types of masks, so I don't blame anyone who is actively doing anything to at least look like they're trying. I have yet to see a single person in my area wearing any type of protection, including at my childrens' pediatrician's office. Their idea of preparation is a note on the door saying to let the front desk know if you have traveled out of the country and are experiencing any respiratory symptoms. The ladies at the front desk don't have masks, not even the one who was coughing...

Coronavirus has mutated into more aggressive disease, say scientists
Coronavirus has evolved into two major lineages and it is possible to be infected with both, a new study shows

Coronavirus has mutated into two strains, one which appears to be far more aggressive, scientists have said, in a discovery which could hinder attempts to develop a vaccine.

Researchers at Peking University's School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, discovered the virus has evolved into two major lineages - dubbed ‘L’ and ‘S’ types.

The older ‘S-type’ appears to be milder and less infectious, while the ‘L-type’ which emerged later, spreads quickly and currently accounts for around 70 per cent of cases.

Genetic analysis of a man in the US who tested positive on January 21, also showed it is possible to be infected with both types.

The finding comes just days after government health experts warned that the virus could hit Britain in ‘multiple waves’, and led to fears that some vaccines might not work on mutated strains....

Coronavirus has mutated into more aggressive disease, say scientists
Coronavirus has evolved into two major lineages and it is possible to be infected with both, a new study shows

Coronavirus has mutated into two strains, one which appears to be far more aggressive, scientists have said, in a discovery which could hinder attempts to develop a vaccine.

Researchers at Peking University's School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, discovered the virus has evolved into two major lineages - dubbed ‘L’ and ‘S’ types.

The older ‘S-type’ appears to be milder and less infectious, while the ‘L-type’ which emerged later, spreads quickly and currently accounts for around 70 per cent of cases.

Genetic analysis of a man in the US who tested positive on January 21, also showed it is possible to be infected with both types.

The finding comes just days after government health experts warned that the virus could hit Britain in ‘multiple waves’, and led to fears that some vaccines might not work on mutated strains....

Nightmares are real, apparently

Just stopped by Walmart and they're all out of sanitizers of all types.

Coronavirus is really spreading like wildfire.

Stay clean and safe.

edit: I lowkey wanted to snatch that large bottle of purell sitting at the closed cashier.

U.S. CDC investigating "small cluster" of coronavirus cases linked to previous journey of the Grand Princess cruise ship, company says - CDC

*this is Not the Diamond Princess Cruise of Japan...this ship sails from Calif to Mexico

Last edited:

In an effort to keep this news "fair and balanced" I wanted to post a different article that seems to indicate the more aggressive strain was first, followed by the less aggressive strain. This appears to be more in line with what I've read happens with viruses. They start off more serious, but mutate to be less dangerous over time because the goal of a virus is to continue living and affecting people, so when it kills it's host it also dies in the process. I'm no medical professional, so take my comments for what they're worth. Either way, I believe this is why vaccines for viruses are so difficult because the viruses are constantly changing and mutating. I really don't have high hopes for an effective COVID-19 vaccine and really hope scientists discover other antiviral "cures" that can help patients recover from it in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom