Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
oakland definitely has cases. They are at 1000 plus. Im in Livermore. We have had 50 cases. Dublin and Pleasanton also have very low numbers. We are probably the most East in the county. There is no reason to treat us the same as cities with 100 plus cases. san Mateo county is probably just as dense as the rest of the bay area and they are opening up. Marin is also opening up.

OK gotcha. Those cities definitely aren't the inner East Bay. Livermore is literally the eastern most fringe of the Bay Area. That's why I was confused.

San Mateo County and Marin County aren't really close to being as dense as Alameda County. They're also two of the wealthiest counties in the country.

I get your reasoning and frustration but a city like Livermore is in a unique position. It's a rural-suburban town in a county that's population is overwhelmingly urban.

It just isn't practical or even possible to deal with this on a municipal by municipal basis. The only exception being municipalities that have their own public health departments like the city of Berkeley, but there's a reason why 99.9% of cities and towns choose not to do that.

200.gif

OK gotcha. Those cities definitely aren't the inner East Bay. Livermore is literally the eastern most fringe of the Bay Area. That's why I was confused.

San Mateo County and Marin County aren't really close to being as dense as Alameda County. They're also two of the wealthiest counties in the country.

I get your reasoning and frustration but a city like Livermore is in a unique position. It's a rural-suburban town in a county that's population is overwhelmingly urban.

It just isn't practical or even possible to deal with this on a municipal by municipal basis. The only exception being municipalities that have their own public health departments like the city of Berkeley, but there's a reason why 99.9% of cities and towns choose not to do that.

The 3 cities east of Castro valley should be allowed to open up a bit more. Our area is vastly different than the rest of the county.

The 3 cities east of Castro valley should be allowed to open up a bit more. Our area is vastly different than the rest of the county.

I'm saying it's not that simple. It's not feasible to do that when those cities rely on the county for public health oversight.

Just curious but what are you guys taking issue with as it pertains to the city of San Francisco and it's handling of the pandemic?

This is misleading. I'm in Oakland, the heart of the inner East Bay, and we have multiple zip codes (all impoverished, almost exclusively black and brown) with 50-100 confirmed cases alone.

Alameda County itself has over 3,000 cases. The immediate East Bay isn't as dense as San Francisco but it's still a densely populated urban area. What's smart for neighboring counties with a quarter of the population spread out over twice the area probably isn't smart for us.

I get that you want the economy to open but it sounds like you're down playing the actual impact of the virus here.
Got a job offer yesterday for a homeless covid9 shelter in 2 placements. . It’s still out here.

25618108-19CF-48B3-B88B-F695BE403F35.jpeg

this could not come at a worse time for america
i wish the virus didn't happen but the unrest needed to finally happen

RIP to floyd and all the hundreds of thousands who lost their lives to coronavirus

Last edited:
seeing this protestor working to keep his mask on while pouring his heart out in this live interview is really warming my soul.

Back
Top Bottom