Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

So la is opening up but the Bay Area isn’t. Makes no sense and getting tired of this when the cases don’t justify keeping it closed. First to close and last to open.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the state doesn't allow reopening unless the specific county puts together their proposal for how they will reopen and what they will do if/when cases spike again. Perhaps certain Bay Area counties are still working with specific industries to put their plans together?

Gov Newsom is letting each individual county set their own criteria within the guidelines of the state. During his press conference he kept pointing out that California is huge and each county has a lot of differences between them (ie. Lassen county in the north mountains vs. LA county etc).

Apparently SF county isn't ready yet. It's pretty dense and glancing at the data the incidence rate is just starting to flatten out.

Gov Newsom is letting each individual county set their own criteria within the guidelines of the state. During his press conference he kept pointing out that California is huge and each county has a lot of differences between them (ie. Lassen county in the north mountains vs. LA county etc).

Apparently SF county isn't ready yet. It's pretty dense and glancing at the data the incidence rate is just starting to flatten out.

I can see SF wanting to take their time. The rest of the bay area is nothing like SF. It’s not as dense and less people in one city. There is no reason for the other counties to not try to open up.

I can see SF wanting to take their time. The rest of the bay area is nothing like SF. It’s not as dense and less people in one city. There is no reason for the other counties to not try to open up.

Ah my bad whenever people say the Bay its almost always SF, lol. Did some quick searches, the surrounding counties around SF are a little further ahead but I guess not enough for their officials to want to open up.

Keep in mind I live in new york

I went to a tmobile store yesterday to buy a new phone. They was open.

I asked them, how long you been open? They told me, oh we never closed.

Lol.
Cell phone stores are considered essential businesses

Since I said from the beginning I don't know how a liquor store is considered essential business but I can understand a cell phone store

Trump had alot to say about china today in 9 minutes

Ah my bad whenever people say the Bay its almost always SF, lol. Did some quick searches, the surrounding counties around SF are a little further ahead but I guess not enough for their officials to want to open up.

I live in the inner east bay. My city has had 50 cases since March. Combine us with the surround cities and we have less than 200 cases. Nothing but curbside pickup is open for us. our regional parks are closed too. I can drive 20 mins to the next county and can get a haircut, eat in and go to the mall. They had more cases than us. At some point the elected officials owe it to their taxpayers and businesses justification for the closures.

So la is opening up but the Bay Area isn’t. Makes no sense and getting tired of this when the cases don’t justify keeping it closed. First to close and last to open.

Better to be safe than sorry your city is right for taking its time

Kind of wish nyc specifically Manhattan would do the same as your city

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s the case. They have been mainly following SF and the latest was they would do something similar. Maybe this will get them to change their minds.

Ok, I found the info I was referring to on https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/

"If a county decides to pursue a variance to move further ahead in the resilience roadmap, the local public health officer must:

1. Notify the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
  2. Certify through submission of a written attestation to CDPH that the county has met the readiness criteria (outlined below), including guidance to be issued by the county and detailed plans, and that the county is designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19."
Pretty sure that's what my county had to do in order to move further even though they weren't meeting the state guidelines. Been seeing people posting that they're out at restaurants like COVID doesn't exist anymore. SMH

Whatever happened to the regional pacts. Guess it's every county and state for their own

Better to be safe than sorry your city is right for taking his time

Kind of wish nyc specifically Manhattan would do the same as your city

You get can get services less than 30 mins away and everyone has a car in the Bay Area. it’s actually better to keep people local as our local cases have been low.

Our weed shops are essential business here in Cali :lol:
as much as I would agree with you and as much as I enjoy marijuana even though I haven't been smoking since March 9th I wouldn't consider a dispensary an essential business but I rather have a dispensary open than a liquor store

I know in California liquor stores and coroner shops are pretty much the same thing but in New York City liquor stores or separate from corner stores

You get can get services less than 30 mins away and everyone has a car in the Bay Area. it’s actually better to keep people local as our local cases have been low.

Your area has been very lucky my guess the reason the cases have been low by you is like you said everyone travels by car.

But I'm sure people are together during shopping

What I read was that they extended indefinitely
Smh theres so much more to this than yall think
uhhh what...???
Unbelievable how the quality and standard of life in the City has fallen so far and so quick even from when I was working for longest time at the start of 2000.
What a effing disaster.

Just curious but what are you guys taking issue with as it pertains to the city of San Francisco and it's handling of the pandemic?

I live in the inner east bay. My city has had 50 cases since March. Combine us with the surround cities and we have less than 200 cases. Nothing but curbside pickup is open for us. our regional parks are closed too. I can drive 20 mins to the next county and can get a haircut, eat in and go to the mall. They had more cases than us. At some point the elected officials owe it to their taxpayers and businesses justification for the closures.

This is misleading. I'm in Oakland, the heart of the inner East Bay, and we have multiple zip codes (all impoverished, almost exclusively black and brown) with 50-100 confirmed cases alone.

Alameda County itself has over 3,000 cases. The immediate East Bay isn't as dense as San Francisco but it's still a densely populated urban area. What's smart for neighboring counties with a quarter of the population spread out over twice the area probably isn't smart for us.

I get that you want the economy to open but it sounds like you're down playing the actual impact of the virus here.

Just curious but what are you guys taking issue with as it pertains to the city of San Francisco and it's handling of the pandemic?

This is misleading. I'm in Oakland, the heart of the inner East Bay, and we have multiple zip codes (all impoverished, almost exclusively black and brown) with 50-100 confirmed cases alone.

Alameda County itself has over 3,000 cases. The immediate East Bay isn't as dense as San Francisco but it's still a densely populated urban area. What's smart for neighboring counties with a quarter of the population spread out over twice the area probably isn't smart for us.

I get that you want the economy to open but it sounds like you're down playing the actual impact of the virus here.

oakland definitely has cases. They are at 1000 plus. Im in Livermore. We have had 50 cases. Dublin and Pleasanton also have very low numbers. We are probably the most East in the county. There is no reason to treat us the same as cities with 100 plus cases. san Mateo county is probably just as dense as the rest of the bay area and they are opening up. Marin is also opening up.

my wife actually works at the Oakland kaiser. There are cases but nothing even close to overwhelming. We as a county have enough beds to treat people.

Back
Top Bottom