Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
fun145_panic_button_300hand.jpg

Imagine Bernie Sanders, Mike Bloomberg, Liz Warren, and other democrat leaders/elected officials doing their own 3rd party COVID 19 testing FOR FREE to reveal the true numbers of infected...like SKorea & Diamond Cruise...

This is what I dont get .... ya dudes are saying .. facemask arent needed, just wash your hands, but everytime we look at the news or see these hospitals and people dealing with the virus, all of them have ******* masks and gloves. So what is it?

NEW YORK STATE'S SECOND CORONAVIRUS CASE CONFIRMED IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY - REPORT

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: YESTERDAY, A NEW YORK STATE RESIDENT WITH RESPIRATORY ISSUES WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THE CORONAVIRUS AT A NEW YORK CITY HOSPITAL. THE PATIENT REMAINS HOSPITALIZED IN SERIOUS CONDITION - NYC MAYOR

NEW YORK CITY HIGH SCHOOL SAYS CLOSED TUESDAY AFTER SUSPECTED CASE OF CORONAVIRUS IN ITS COMMUNITY - STATEMENT

Last edited:
This is what I dont get .... ya dudes are saying .. facemask arent needed, just wash your hands, but everytime we look at the news or see these hospitals and people dealing with the virus, all of them have ****ing masks and gloves. So what is it?
Don’t believe these guys. Respirators and yes surgical masks help to protect against infection. Nothing is 100% proof not even N95 masks but a simple surgical mask in public will help block liquid particles if someone sneezes or coughs directly on you. Hence why so many in densely populated Asian countries wear them even when there is no outbreak.
Again the info posted about health organizations saying not to wear masks is if you’re in a low risk area. Just because we haven’t had an outbreak here yet doesn’t mean it’s not circulating quietly during incubation periods.
Ultimately it’s up to you to determine how at risk you are.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...s-a-run-on-face-masks-but-do-they-work/?amp=1

Has anyone died from the virus that was not Asian and under the age of 50? I can only find numbers (that apparently are not correct) and averages of people infected versus dying from it.

Georgia state reports 2 confirmed cases of coronavirus

TWO PATIENTS FLEW INTO ATLANTA AND ARE NOW ISOLATED IN FULTON COUNTY

*I'm sure everyone on that plane was ok and were all given COVID 19 testing kits from CDC

Yeah one of them came from Northern Italy, where most of their cases are happening from

Dudes be like stop overreacting...

Let me give you a gun with one bullet and have you spin that cylinder and pull the trigger.

Anything with risk of mortality is something to be concerned and take serious.

This mean anything in life, from crossing the streets to jumping out a plane.

We get it, but I be damn if I don't pay attention and walk like something is not happening. Especially if somehow this BS mutates and start affecting people differently.

Let me give you a gun with one bullet and have you spin that cylinder and pull the trigger.

We get it, but I be damn if I don't pay attention and walk like something is not happening. Especially if somehow this BS mutates and start affecting people differently.

If it mutates and raises the mortality rate then as NYers would say, oh we have a problem problem. Right now its just a problem.

Has anyone died from the virus that was not Asian and under the age of 50? I can only find numbers (that apparently are not correct) and averages of people infected versus dying from it.
You’ll have to look back through the pages there have been links and stats posted. I believe the answer is yes.

If it mutates and raises the mortality rate then as NYers would say, oh we have a problem problem. Right now its just a problem.

Cryptic transmission of novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 revealed by genomic epidemiology

2 Mar 2020 by Trevor Bedford

The field of genomic epidemiology focuses on using the genetic sequences of pathogens to understand patterns of transmission and spread. Viruses mutate very quickly and accumulate changes during the process of transmission from one infected individual to another. The novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 which is responsible for the emerging COVID-19 pandemic mutates at an average of about two mutations per month. After someone is exposed they will generally incubate the virus for ~5 days before symptoms develop and transmission occurs. Other research has shown that the "serial interval" of SARS-CoV-2 is ~7 days. You can think of a transmission chain as looking something like:

ncov_transmission_chain_simple.png

where, on average, we have 7 days from one infection to the next. As the virus transmits, it will mutate at this rate of two mutations per month. This means, that on average every other step in the transmission chain will have a mutation and so would look something like:

ncov_transmission_chain_mutation.png

These mutations are generally really simple things. An 'A' might change to a 'T', or a 'G' to a 'C'. This changes the genetic code of the virus, but it's hard for a single letter change to do much to make the virus behave differently. However, with advances in technology, it's become readily feasible to sequence the genome of the novel coronavirus. This works by taking a swab from someone's nose and extracting the RNA in the sample and then determining the 'letters' of this RNA genome using chemistry and very powerful cameras. Each person's coronavirus infection will yield a sequence of 30,000 'A', 'T', 'G' or 'C' letters. We can use these sequences to reconstruct which infection is connected to which infection. As an example, if we sequenced three of these infections and found:

ncov_transmission_chain_sequenced.png

We could take the "genomes" ATTT, ATCT and GTCT and infer that the infection with sequence ATTT lead to the infection with sequence ATCT and this infection lead to the infection with sequence GTCT. This approach allows us learn about epidemiology and transmission in a completely novel way and can supplement more traditional contact tracing and case-based reporting.

For a few years now, we've been working on the Nextstrain software platform, which aims to make genomic epidemiology as rapid and as useful as possible. We had previously applied this to outbreaks like Ebola, Zika and seasonal flu. Owing to advances in technology and open data sharing, the genomes of 140 SARS-CoV-2 coronaviruses have been shared from all over the world via gisaid.org. As these genomes are shared, we download them from GISAID and incorporate them into a global map as quickly as possible and have an always up-to-date view of the genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus at nextstrain.org/ncov.

The big picture looks like this at the moment:

ncov_nextstrain_2020_03_01.png

Thanks g. Who wants to be a glass half empty? Some panic shoudnt make you view things differently.
Cool beans ...

The sky ain't falling until a close one catches ....

And as a NYer, you should be all to familiar that ya need to be prepare.

Just because people wan to take necessity precautions you're acting like they are hysterical and overreacting....

But I also do get NYer mentality, herpes, syphilis, HPV, well that doesn't kill me #teamraw ....

ppl die everyday b

" you can get killed walking yo doggie"

Back
Top Bottom