Help a NTer out. I DESPISE my job

Tired of making minimum wage at a job that you hate? Click here to learn how I make $3,500 a day working from my home computer using Google. No credit card needed.

OP ever pop back in?

Don't bother with school. Learn a trade. become an apprentice. If you are self motivated, pick up a damn book and teach yourself how to write code.

YOU NEED TO DEVELOP A MARKETABLE SKILL THAT EMPLOYERS ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR.

You've never heard of a high school kid working a summer job for a down payment on a car (consigned with a parent) then working at night to afford the monthly payment? Like never? Ok YOU don't know anyone, that's fine, but it's out there.

His parent situation does matter. Your story is irrelevant because thats THEIR situation. OP isn't sitting on his *** doing nothing, he just didn't set himself up for success. If he's at school or working a better job and his parents still kick him out something there is wrong. Your story isn't even comparable to this situation. OP isn't getting babied with help while setting himself up for success. Yes he's off to a "late" start but that's all relative

Yes my OG post as worded harsh..... I said it was going to be. That's was my point

Last edited:

DEAD

"TORETTO! Swat team came into my house. DISRESPECTED my family"
lmmfaooooo ...I AIN'T NARC ON NOBODY, I AIN'T NARC ON NOBODY !!!

-i die everytime i see johnny tran getting the look of shame & the slap of disrespect.

If a person is 35 living at home, dude is hardly a millennial. Dude is a bum.

To give OP credit, I didn't start real living till almost at age 28. I was living at home the whole time but just broke out to live like a poor man to at least have freedom. Being 22 years old is really young still. I would say there is tons of life ahead of you still. Go to community college or if you can afford it, a trade school. Hell, work at Costco cause I think you get like $18 an hour with benefits and yearly increases. Just do something with some sort of credit behind it where it can benefit you for the next job.
okay, 34 ... i don't live at home, but acting like i wouldn't ain't something i'm willing to say, if it were still an option.. & to act as if just because someone is living at home makes them a "bum" is foolish & ignorant, there are many reasons why millennials aren't leaving home.. gone are the days where someone can graduate, go to college, get a job making 40k with benefits, work their way up & retire with full benefits .. let's utilize some logic in the conversations instead of being so belittling & dismissive.

Last edited:
To make a long story short, I'm 22 and working a dead end job right now. Fast food and barely making more than minimum wage. I restore kicks locally and make a few extra bucks. I'm still living with my parents so I can afford to pay the little bills I have. My car note is :x tho.
If I would have went to school I would be finished right now. Considering going to a community college. Just need help right now tho.
Any places you guys can think of that pay pretty good for a guy in my shoes?

OP im in a similar predictament as you except i make a bit more. For a guy with no degree, the best job you could prob get is a warehouse job which is what i have. I work full time momday to friday, have full benefits, 401k all that. However i consider this a JOB. Not a career so i understand where youre coming from. Get a warehouse job and try to go to school part time in a field you would want to have a CAREER in. This warehouse stuff is a dead end too btw so yea the money will be better than fast food but try not to settle for it cause this warehouse stuff is a grind

I'm 21 and in a similar situation as well. I HATE my job, it's getting depressing. I work way too hard for horrible hours. People working fast food are making better checks than me. There's plenty opportunity to move up over time, but it's not worth it for the hours I'm getting.

I plan on going back to community to do something with my life. Living check to check, working for someone else is not living life. Hope you can get it together and things fall into place OP. I feel your pain.

okay, 34 ... i don't live at home, but acting like i wouldn't ain't something i'm willing to say, if it were still an option.. & to act as if just because someone is living at home makes them a "bum" is foolish & ignorant, there are many reasons why millennials aren't leaving home.. gone are the days where someone can graduate, go to college, get a job making 40k with benefits, work their way up & retire with full benefits .. let's utilize some logic in the conversations instead of being so belittling & dismissive.

college loans are crowding out home mortgages

I'm 21 and in a similar situation as well. I HATE my job, it's getting depressing. I work way too hard for horrible hours. People working fast food are making better checks than me. There's plenty opportunity to move up over time, but it's not worth it for the hours I'm getting.

I plan on going back to community to do something with my life. Living check to check, working for someone else is not living life. Hope you can get it together and things fall into place OP. I feel your pain.
The reason why I went back to school at your age was because of that reason. I was washing cars for 60 hrs/week, making barely over minimum wage. Be aware though that college isnt for everyone. I'd say give it a semester or two and try your best. If you can get good grades during that time and keep it up for another 3-4 years, you should be fine. That piece of paper helped me earn a job that pays 3.5x more than that job while working less hours.

Last edited:
The reason why I went back to school at your age was because of that reason. I was washing cars for 60 hrs/week, making barely over minimum wage. Be aware though that college isnt for everyone. I'd say give it a semester or two and try your best. If you can get good grades during that time and keep it up for another 3-4 years, you should be fine. That piece of paper helped me earn a job that pays 3.5x more than that job while working less hours.
I went to community when I was 17-18 but quit because I wasn't mentally mature enough. School definitely isn't for me, but I honestly don't know what else to do. It's either that or trade school. But I think I'm mature enough now to just do what I have to do to get where I want to be.

View media item 1667907

I probably phrased it wrong. I said a bum more so cause being a 35 year old living at home was hardly that plan for that 35 year old that is home in 2015. Granted it might be okay now but this bad economic times (say in SF) didn't start happening till recently. It was totally possible to make a living on your own with a moderate income. Hell, I did it off a $33k income back in 2008. I was able to maintain a apartment, food expense, insurance, commute to work and still have time to go out if my budget persisted. This term millennial applies to this generation now. The fact that a person is 35 years living at home makes it void to be one. A person could have should have moved out a long time ago all while growing in his and her own career and never having to be back at home struggling.

Everyone here is being very nice to you so I'll go the other way and bring some hard truth. So far you've been a bum. Fast food? Why did you even agree to that in the first place? Restoring shoes?? What are you 13?!?? STOP. You still live with your parents, good. Now, beg them to take care of your car payment so you can quit that job and either go to school, or as others have said, join some type of apprenticeship. As of now you've amounted to nothing, BUT NOW is the time you change all that.
@BLASTERCOMBO

Apparently, people are saying your post is harsh. I disagree.

Comfort does not build character. The worst thing you can do for OP now is to try to sugarcoat the truth. I suggest looking into trade schools.

I went to community when I was 17-18 but quit because I wasn't mentally mature enough. School definitely isn't for me, but I honestly don't know what else to do. It's either that or trade school. But I think I'm mature enough now to just do what I have to do to get where I want to be.
Brah, I literally said the same thing when I was 18. I got in trouble with my law my first semester and eventually failed all of my classes and dropped out. Took several years off because I saw myself more of a blue collar worker and wanted to earn a paycheck. Ended up taking on some deadend jobs but doing backbreaking work helped motivate me to go back to school, especially since I was a couple years behind some of my smarter peers. It was definitely a wakeup call since I see some of my peers aiming pretty high. I went back to school a few years later not expecting much. I wouldve been happy with some Bs and Cs but had the motivation to go for straight As. I ended up getting straight As during my first semester and the rest was history.

You might not think school is for you right now but you might get that same wakeup call one day. Start by surrounding yourself around motivated and successful people. They will help make you feel that you need to step your game up.

Last edited:
Cutting costs is the best thing you can do.  Get rid of the car payment, if you can, and buy a used car.  Cheap out on your phone bill, cook meals at home instead of going out, etc.  Sell all your sneakers (if you do have a collection) and keep a rotation of maybe 5 or 6 pairs.  Embrace being cheap (don't forget to tip).  This has nothing to do with the job search, but it's a state of mind you need to get in.  

And I cant stress this enough, don't feel embarrassed about your situation.   Be glad that you're catching yourself now.  Use it as motivation to do better for yourself.  You're not here forever.  Life isn't over if you don't make 100K.  

Work hard, get to know people, you'll be good.

^^^^Yes, school is a good thing. Not saying it works for everyone but it definitely does help. In my job, a person with no degree takes about 4-6 years to get a salary of $50k where as someone that does will get it straight off the bat. So even if you don't go to school, you will have to put in work in other areas that will take sometime as well.

college loans are crowding out home mortgages

Also kids really have assess why they are going to school to major in what they are doing. I think as a personal investment, someone should go to school knowing they can pay that off in the short run with a job that is easy to obtain straight out of college. Trust me, I am all about people becoming what they want to be but if you have student loads from becoming a communications major (one of the dumbest majors out there) and know you can't pay that off with a job from that industry, I suggest you study something else that has a better return.

Not even going to bother reading anything posted in here.

-Sell your car and get rid of that note.
-Buy a significantly cheaper car (with no note)
-Stack monies from your fast food job
-Take a few computer classes at the community college (java, c++, html i'd say).
-If you like it now you have a career path in mind and a million ways to end up with a 100k job within 3-5 years.

Not even going to bother reading anything posted in here.

-Sell your car and get rid of that note.
-Buy a significantly cheaper car (with no note)
-Stack monies from your fast food job
-Take a few computer classes at the community college (java, c++, html i'd say).
-If you like it now you have a career path in mind and a million ways to end up with a 100k job within 3-5 years.

pretty sure every one of those tips was already posted by someone earlier.

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji] to the dudes keeping it real in here. It's all on you volume 2 OP.

Find a trade bruh. Get paid to learn as an apprentice.

Don't go to college expecting to make more money after. You'll just end up with hella debt and still make a weak *** wage unless you go for engineering or something.

Dig deep and find that hustle. You see people getting money, ask them to put you on. That simple.

Network>>>> college

Everything in the earth is trying to pull you down especially gravity (which is also aging you terribly) accept it, and become apart of the earth, or......

Brah, I literally said the same thing when I was 18. I got in trouble with my law my first semester and eventually failed all of my classes and dropped out. Took several years off because I saw myself more of a blue collar worker and wanted to earn a paycheck. Ended up taking on some deadend jobs but doing backbreaking work helped motivate me to go back to school, especially since I was a couple years behind some of my smarter peers. It was definitely a wakeup call since I see some of my peers aiming pretty high. I went back to school a few years later not expecting much. I wouldve been happy with some Bs and Cs but had the motivation to go for straight As. I ended up getting straight As during my first semester and the rest was history.

You might not think school is for you right now but you might get that same wakeup call one day. Start by surrounding yourself around motivated and successful people. They will help make you feel that you need to step your game up.
Appreciate the motivation and the encouragement.

Would not at all worry about the age thing, everyone has their own timetable.

However, I would really think about your end goals if you pursue college. Liberal arts degrees, more often than not (main exception being elite schools), take you nowhere fast, so if that's all you'll come out with, might as well not go. On the other hand, trade schools can prepare you for an in-demand trade that can quickly be lucrative. Look into electrician school. Programming is also a noteworthy path. Even UPS driver.

Back
Top Bottom