HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

So I got an LED tv and after messing with the settings. Why is every show like a soap opera?

Originally Posted by bns1201

RKO2004 said:
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Looking for a good sound system but don't have a lot to spend... thinkin of gettin this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...stics&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1205246215229

thoughts?
You should try youtube. I have no clue on audio stuff or HD stuff period for real. Youtube usually has reviews and people who actually have the stuff.

I got a 5.1 Sony HTIB and i LOVVVVVEEEEE it....it kicks and sounds incredible
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8724366&type=product&id=1200703057943

Hmmm.... will this work with my blu ray too? Is that just a home theater in a box?

So I saw the LED in person for the first time Friday at Fry's. Man that thing is amazing. But i see that you guys saying it still needs to be calibratedout of the box. Should I save to invest in one or just buy a LCD

set up bias lighting with my set up- tv's a 46z...

here it is with the sin city on blu

34qn29f.jpg

x3vi3r.jpg

rtqert.jpg

might be a lil blurry, i didn't bother pausing while taking the shots

and i was too busy watching alba to take pictures during any scenes with her, sorry

Originally Posted by eteam o2

What type of lamp? And guys I couldn't find the clamp. Anyone have a link?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

i had the lamp already- it's a clamp lamp...
check target though- my target has a bunch of em so i'm assuming other targets should.
6500k bulb

Originally Posted by RKO2004

i had the lamp already- it's a clamp lamp...
check target though- my target has a bunch of em so i'm assuming other targets should.
6500k bulb
Hmmm OK thanks. Do you think it would work when the stand is in a split corner?

I have a Sumsung TOC A650 that I purchased in August

for the longest time my auto motion plus was "stuck" and i then downloaded a firmware update... fixed it and now I swear it doesn't work again..

I've checked AVS forums and this isn't uncommon

The first time I attributed it to me getting used to it... but I work at best buy... see different TV's all the time... and know how it looks. Should Ihave a tech come out to check it out before my 1 year is done?

for the longest time my auto motion plus was "stuck" and i then downloaded a firmware update... fixed it and now I swear it doesn't work again..

The first time I attributed it to me getting used to it... but I work at best buy... see different TV's all the time... and know how it looks. Should I have a tech come out to check it out before my 1 year is done?
Yes. It may get worse with time. Thats just a guess but you never know.

So the 120Hz is called motion plus? I haven't read my manual
tired.gif

Its funny... even though I've had this problem with my Samsung...I still sell only Samsungs
grin.gif

Walmart has some clamp lamps for like $6 or so too..

How is the lighting though? Does it work? You like it?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Factory Refurbished HDTVs good or bad?
I wouldn't take a chance, to be honest with you
why if it's factory refurbished?
Im thinking of getting one from vizio or sony (vizio being a 42'' 120hz 1080p and Sony 32'' bravia) suggestions?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Factory Refurbished HDTVs good or bad?
I wouldn't take a chance, to be honest with you
why if it's factory refurbished?
Im thinking of getting one from vizio or sony (vizio being a 42'' 120hz 1080p and Sony 32'' bravia) suggestions?

What price range are you working with?

The first time I attributed it to me getting used to it... but I work at best buy... see different TV's all the time... and know how it looks. Should I have a tech come out to check it out before my 1 year is done?

Havent been here much, work has had me tied up recently...

To: Cragmatic
Yes get your TV checked out before the 1 year manufature warranty ends. I know you work at BBY, so i assume you bought the PSP[BTP]. What you want todo is get it checked out and if the Tech deems it non-repairable or it takes too long to fix AND it is something that the manufacture can fix then you can geta new TV (no charge, and pro-rated PSP $$, if not all of it)....
Also, the Samsung 07' TOC sets were very overrated. Not trying to knock your TV by any means, it is a damn good TV but crazy over-priced forthe non-employees...The TOC have been having problems lately...this one though is not common. Although Samsungs 120hz tech does suck. It has improved on theLED set this year, but before then they were getting murdered when compared to Sony's 120hz. Sony allowed for better manipulation of the setting andseperated it from "Motion Flow"...anyway...the LED's are off to a good start..but very $$....

i have a problem. i bout the sony bravia 40u100m a couple years ago and just discovered it was a tunerless tv. so my question is could i get a coaxial cable torca converter and plug it in my tv, will i get cable or would i need a cable box?

your Sony is actually a monitor and not a TV.

you could try using a coax to RCA converter, but i'm not sure how well that works, or if it works at all.

your monitor has enough HD imputs that using a box would allow you to watch HD cable channels.

whats a good cleaner for my Samsung LCD HDTV 2007 40"? The monster screen cleaner left some streaks on my tv I think. sigh any help?

Back
Top Bottom