HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by Handsome Hustler

how much did you spend on that jbl system? the specs on them are horrible..sub only goes down to 100hz
sick.gif

its 35hz-120hz according to the website

I only paid 100 for it, almost brand new ( refurbished from JBL including wires, cables and speaker mounts)

I already bought the used receiver Yamaha htr-5250 for 65 dollars shipped

165 dollars total for a full system

not the best system but certainly not the worst, once I have enough money I will move up to TrueHD and all the goodies
devil.gif

Congrats on the HT system pick up. Lets put it like this:

Cheap HT system > no HT system..

So i work at best buy and we recently put up a new Calibration demo... on the new LED Samsungs... I must say... the Calibration makes a HUGE difference.. Inever really believed in it before... but now I kind of want to get mine calibrated
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

So i work at best buy and we recently put up a new Calibration demo... on the new LED Samsungs... I must say... the Calibration makes a HUGE difference.. I never really believed in it before... but now I kind of want to get mine calibrated
roll.gif
LED Samsungs are overpriced...

Originally Posted by MHT214

So i work at best buy and we recently put up a new Calibration demo... on the new LED Samsungs... I must say... the Calibration makes a HUGE difference.. I never really believed in it before... but now I kind of want to get mine calibrated
roll.gif
LED Samsungs are overpriced...
grin.gif
Yeah. I hope they go down by Black Friday. Plan earlypeople. You don't wanna see mega deals and only have enough for a few deals.
embarassed.gif
That was me last year except I didn't get anything. Hopefully thesestores will have some of the same deals for the DS3 controllers
pimp.gif

Oh yeah and can someone point me in the direction of a "how to calibrate" vid or something? Thanks.

I wouldnt buy an LED, IMO the Touch Of Colors.. (what I have) look better... but needless to say.. the calibration demo was still nice

I wouldnt buy an LED, IMO the Touch Of Colors.. (what I have) look better... but needless to say.. the calibration demo was still nice
Oh dang I thought it was a huge improvement.

Oh and I'm finally in full 1080p everyone. Got the cables today and TW came through and dropped off the HD box. Everything is great. I'm ready forBlack Friday now
pimp.gif

More info on calibration please? Also....my tv shows 1080i during some shows. What does it mean?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

More info on calibration please? Also....my tv shows 1080i during some shows. What does it mean?
Cosign. Some of the channels show in 480i on mine. Like TheCW for example.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Yea....same here

Yea....same here

1080i is currently the highest broadcast resolution. Many stations still don't broadcast in HD (like CW) yet so those run in 480. Calibration I believe hasto do with your color and brightness settings and whatnot. I could be wrong on that, but getting your tv calibrated won't make CW run in HD

btw... did anyone try that bias lighting yet?

Originally Posted by swendro88

Yea....same here

1080i is currently the highest broadcast resolution. Many stations still don't broadcast in HD (like CW) yet so those run in 480. Calibration I believe has to do with your color and brightness settings and whatnot. I could be wrong on that, but getting your tv calibrated won't make CW run in HD

Oh crap
eek.gif
I forgot all about this. I'm going to have to go back a fewpages and read the details on how. How do they clamp it on the stand though?

Originally Posted by swendro88

Mr Jordan04 wrote:

RKO2004 wrote:

Mr Jordan04 wrote:

Yea....same here

1080i is currently the highest broadcast resolution. Many stations still don't broadcast in HD (like CW) yet so those run in 480. Calibration I believe has
to do with your color and brightness settings and whatnot. I could be wrong on that, but getting your tv calibrated won't make CW run in HD

Oh crap
eek.gif
I forgot all about this. I'm going to have to go back a few pages and read the details on how. How do they clamp it on the stand though?

it looked like a lamp that just has the clamp at the base. i have the same one from target. $10 there.
ima try it out since i already have half of the materials needed.

Originally Posted by eteam o2

it looked like a lamp that just has the clamp at the base. i have the same one from target. $10 there.
ima try it out since i already have half of the materials needed.
Got a link? And what all do you need again? I'm really interested in doing this
pimp.gif

Oh and I'm finally in full 1080p everyone. Got the cables today and TW came through and dropped off the HD box. Everything is great. I'm ready for Black Friday now
pimp.gif

The LED TV's we have on display look GRAINY... the calibrated one doesn't... but outta the box... they are very grainy

Oh and I'm finally in full 1080p everyone. Got the cables today and TW came through and dropped off the HD box. Everything is great. I'm ready for Black Friday now
pimp.gif

The LED TV's we have on display look GRAINY... the calibrated one doesn't... but outta the box... they are very grainy

Oh.
grin.gif
For that price I thought it would have been
eek.gif
+
pimp.gif
but
tired.gif

my tv is only 720....so why/how does it it do 1080i on some things?
No your tv can do 720p and 1080i. It depends on the source, hd chanels are either 720p or 1080i, and ps3 you can have it output to w/e but somegames will only do 720p and if u force it to go to 1080i it'll downscale to 480p. You don't want that

Someone please repost my Calibration info a few pages back.

The Touch of Color [TOC] Samsung TV's are nice, but very very over hyped. Its amazing what marketing will do to peoples mind. What people dont realize isthat those TV''s are completely over-saturated and have no real tone of color......believe it or not, if i had a choice of buying an LCD right now, iwould get a Mitsubishi. They are by far one of the most accurate, and well manufactured LCD's out there. Its a very underrated TV, and people that knownothing about LCD's will over look it everytime...

Originally Posted by MHT214

Mr Jordan04 wrote:

Someone please repost my Calibration info a few pages back.

The Touch of Color [TOC] Samsung TV's are nice, but very very over hyped. Its amazing what marketing will do to peoples mind. What people dont realize is that those TV''s are completely over-saturated and have no real tone of color......believe it or not, if i had a choice of buying an LCD right now, i would get a Mitsubishi. They are by far one of the most accurate, and well manufactured LCD's out there. Its a very underrated TV, and people that know nothing about LCD's will over look it everytime...

Thats why you play with the settings... mine looks perfect after a few tweakings
smile.gif

TOC's are still my favorite TV out at the moment

Looking for a good sound system but don't have a lot to spend... thinkin of gettin this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...stics&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1205246215229

thoughts?
You should try youtube. I have no clue on audio stuff or HD stuff period for real. Youtube usually has reviews and people who actually have the stuff.

I got a 5.1 Sony HTIB and i LOVVVVVEEEEE it....it kicks and sounds incredible
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8724366&type=product&id=1200703057943

Back
Top Bottom