HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Thanks MHT214 for the picture
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by icykicks79

Nice setups.. need some help on finding a cheap flat screen tv.
What size? And what is your budget?

And NT I think I have a problem... We just got a TV on Saturday and I'm already looking for another one for my room
laugh.gif
. Not anything special but arespectable TV. The Samsung A550 40". I was seriously considering a 32" or 37" TV since they are pretty much always in the range of $350-$900but I figured why not put a extra couple of hundred with that. Huh I need help seriously
laugh.gif

i wouldve thought ppl been doing this "bias lights" for years

me and my boys been had it for the longest time

Originally Posted by ii2cky

i wouldve thought ppl been doing this "bias lights" for years

me and my boys been had it for the longest time

Got some pics and details on the procedure?

Do you guys think hhgregg will price match with bestbuy? Bestbuy has the A550 for $799 and hh has it for $999. If a price match does take place, how much wouldhhgregg lower the price?

Why not get it from BBY? Also, i know what you mean. Once you get one TV, you want more, everywhere. But my thing is, if the TV is going in a bedroom...youdont need to go all out. Also, right now is a great time to buy models like that because they are being discontiuned within the next month or so....

Originally Posted by MHT214

Why not get it from BBY? Also, i know what you mean. Once you get one TV, you want more, everywhere. But my thing is, if the TV is going in a bedroom...you dont need to go all out. Also, right now is a great time to buy models like that because they are being discontiuned within the next month or so....
Well I saw it as a possibility to get a lower price. Plus we got our W series Sony TV from HH. And yes I have HD fever now. I've always had itbut now after getting one and seeing these low low prices I want to take advantage. My mother said maybe in a couple months. It wasn't what I wanted tohear because if I have the will I'll think of the way
laugh.gif
, butI'll take that since we still have to move and get new furniture and what not
mad.gif

Well until then its back to the lab
laugh.gif
. I love finacial planning.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8749465&type=product&id=1202649424827

. . did i get a deal? or is that pretty standard now?

That TV got good reviews on youtube and some other places. I've been plotting on that TV but I can't sell my moms on it
laugh.gif
. It has alot of good qualities. 60hz, 1080p, 3 HDMI ports, 40''s andits only $799
pimp.gif
. I say great purchase. I'm still trying to pull somestrings to get it
laugh.gif

Is this your first HDTV? Do you have a stand for it?

Sony W series = pretty damn good TV
Yeah thats what I've been hearing. I'm still waiting on my brother to take me to get the stand for it
grin.gif
so I can't do anything with it right now.

anyone know what receivers are good?

out of these brands, can ya rank them from best to worst?

yamaha, onkyo, sony, denon, harman kardon, pioneer

I know these are the mainstream brands but I want to know which manufacturer makes the best

To: RKO2004

The 40a550 is a great starter TV. It has pretty much all the standard qualities you want in an entry level TV. Bang for the Buck for sure.

To:
shatterkneesinc

It is very difficult to answer your question. All of these recievers have great models and qualities....You want to choose a reciever based on whatspeakers and layout you will have...But if i HAD to put them in some type of personal preference order then:

Denon, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, Onkyo, Pioneer,.................................................. a rock, Sony.

But i mean even this list isnt anything to go by, because i can think of plenty of models in each particular brand that will make me adjust thelist. Again, you want to choose a reciever based on what speakers and system you will have...

Originally Posted by MHT214

To: RKO2004

The 40a550 is a great starter TV. It has pretty much all the standard qualities you want in an entry level TV. Bang for the Buck for sure.

Yeah we were going to get it when it was $797 from hhgregg a while back but we decided to wait and get the Sony tv last saturday. But I'm verytempted to go for the 40a550 for my room but my gut is telling me to hold off until we move or even black friday. Something tells me there are going to be alot of nice deals but who knows.

i recently bought the JBL CS480 home theater system, I need a receiver to run it.

I also have infinity primus speakers but they are too big to fit on my TV stand.

Right now I am using the logitech z-5500. They sound good but the sub is a bit boomy and they don't perform all that well with music. So far I swapped thelogitech satellites with the JBLs and they sound good but I also want to use my JBL sub and I need a receiver for that.

I bought the JBLs to replace the logitechs, moving the logitechs to my computer which is what it was meant for in the first place.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

i recently bought the JBL CS480 home theater system, I need a receiver to run it.

I also have infinity primus speakers but they are too big to fit on my TV stand.

Right now I am using the logitech z-5500. They sound good but the sub is a bit boomy and they don't perform all that well with music. So far I swapped the logitech satellites with the JBLs and they sound good but I also want to use my JBL sub and I need a receiver for that.

I bought the JBLs to replace the logitechs, moving the logitechs to my computer which is what it was meant for in the first place.
Like MHT said above, those companies you mentioned make good receivers (I would stay away from Sony as well), it's more of an issue of thespeakers/setup, the price you are willing to pay, and what uses you have for the system (is it more for HT use or music?).

Also do you have a blu-ray player? If you do, (or are planning to get one), I think it would be wise to get a receiver that can process the new audio codecs(ex. DTS HD- MA, Dolby TrueHD, etc.), but the cost of that type of receiver is greater than one that doesn't. Of course that comes down to price, and Idon't know your price range.

Which model of the Infinity Primus speakers do you ahve? I think they are very good speakers for the price. Not sure which model you have, but I have theP362's (floorstanders) paired with a Denon 1909 receiver and I am happy with them, especially for the price I paid.

Right now I am using the logitech z-5500. They sound good but the sub is a bit boomy and they don't perform all that well with music. So far I swapped the logitech satellites with the JBLs and they sound good but I also want to use my JBL sub and I need a receiver for that.

How much are you trying to spend?

i am willing to drop 200.

Money is tight so thats all I have.

I am thinking about getting a used Yamaha for like 70 dollars shipped on ebay. Yamaha HTR-5250

Having TrueHD is nice and all but its too expensive atm, I am going to wait til they are more mainstream and upgrade then.

i am willing to drop 200.

Money is tight so thats all I have.

I am thinking about getting a used Yamaha for like 70 dollars shipped on ebay. Yamaha HTR-5250

Having TrueHD is nice and all but its too expensive atm, I am going to wait til they are more mainstream and upgrade then.
http://www.amazon.com/Onk...iver-Black/dp/B000FI5OZ8

this is the best you'll get at that price point

Back
Top Bottom