HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Spot on iamdef iamdef about the communication. Thats why so many relationships fail or have infidelity issues.

Im willing to say that if you are making your wife happy and still suffering then you just picked the wrong woman tho

Relationships are about give and take... if she aint holding up her end then whats the point?

and to get deeper... a lot of dudes may not recognize when their woman is true unhappy, especially if they are in a situation where material things or strictly providing for them are heavily relied on to express emotion.

i dont know why young boy with the leather jacket would even be included in the convo of soft tho... he was looking like he was just happy to be out the house. ole do anything for a free meal looking boy... cant see dude being invested in nothing with ole girl to care enough.

same dude decided to finger her in the booth lol... I cant take neither one of them serious on holding up any type standards of do's and donts in relationships.

and to get deeper... a lot of dudes may not recognize when their woman is true unhappy, especially if they are in a situation where material things or strictly providing for them are heavily relied on to express emotion.

True but that falls a bit on how women are portrayed media wise. Men, for some reason, are supposed to be able to read what woman has a problem with something without her telling him. Women are shown that they don't have to explicitly say what's wrong but men are supposed to be great detectives who see what's going on at various angles.

Given at some times some stuff is "obvious" but women aren't trained to say what's wrong the first time. It's usually some 4+ "Are you sure you're okay" questions later and then there's the "I just think it's funny that...."

Women aren't ready for this part of the conversation

IMG_1466.GIF

IMG_1467.GIF

I'm so glad he aint jab her right here. She attacked his manhood and brain child. Straight falcon punch to the throat. but bro stayed strong. I thought for sure a hit was coming form one side. like she was gonna slap him for calling her a ho to her face or him with the bus driver upper cut. glad it didnt happen. :lol:

i fasho expected a slap from Issa after Lawerence hit her with those super facts.

Lawrence hitting her tho what have spent the show in a whole nother direction... something that dramatic is season finale worthy, on some cliffhanger steez. Could see social media going crazy with outrage and woman beater editorials left and right. That would overshadow the entire season.

the young dude being soft... i just think its irrelevant, like if they were to explore that relationship next season, his character would prolly pan out to be the typical "scrub" so, him being "soft" wouldnt even be his most irredeemable quality im willing to bet. Who wanna root for a scrub to man up and he still be a scrub?

I feel like the writers are making it look like Dro is lying for a different twist, at least that's what I hope.

Aparna is way too calm and understanding, she probably has herpes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Bro you gotta chill!

I totally saw where that was going when he stupidly said now we're even. He made that convo go left after patching it up :lol:
She said she felt embarrassed and she played you once after smashing (nevermind the fact that she's currently playing by making you a part of her roster when you clearly want something serious) so how does that equate to nutting in her face?
It's because you're a rational human.

I think most rational men looked at that whole facial scene, knowing it was an absolute accident and don't understand her being so upset. Logically speaking, her response then and continues to be an overreaction. Then he shot himself in the foot tho, giving her some weird kind of vindication for the entire thing. Why even say that Danny? Gots ta be mo careful...

Jasmine Kaur doesn't have any social media? She must not want that same hate Tasha was getting. :lol:

HBO needs to consider giving Insecure 10 eps and let Ballers get 8.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/insecure-issa-rae-on-hbo-show-not-made-for-dudes-w500665

Many male viewers have found an interesting kinship with the character of Lawrence, played with immense vulnerability and nuance by Jay Ellis. The fictional Issa cheated on Lawrence during the first season, leading to a messy break-up and a ploy to win him back during Season Two. While Lawrence begins as a sympathetic character and loving boyfriend, his actions towards Tasha, his rebound fling, have shown the cracks in his seeming perfection.

"The fact that dudes have latched onto this character is such a compliment, because we're mostly women writing these male characters," Rae says, noting that he is partially based off a real person in her life. "But the fact that men really see themselves in him and are excusing a lot of his behavior is a testament to just how a lot of men are, currently."

Figured there wasn't too many male writers in the room. :lol:

Thats an interesting take... i may go back and watch the scene but nothing was obvious to me in that regard.

For a show called "Insecure" I feel like that may have been an opportunity missed to kind of explore that topic... isnt a "controllable" guy rooted in some form of insecurity?

In semi defense of the dudes tho...I have been to enough birthday dinners like that where I feel like most the dudes are just there so we "dont get fined" lol... I view those things as all apart of the compromises that come along with relationships.

That's exactly the case. Hell, I got one of those this coming weekend. Ain't too happy to go, but I gotta be there for my woman...

N_ what? I ain't saying she the best lookin one on the show but she ain't no where near ugly.

Kelly had me roll in' at the "N_ BUTTER"
E8A7F219-11D8-478B-BEE6-8168F841E1E0-10350-00000A3C3C88A885.gif

Shorty not ugly ugly, she just isn't cute either to me. I'm almost certain most of my disdain for Molly comes from her attitude.

I can agree a bit on complaining being viewed as a more feminine trait but the issue it creates is that it makes having an issue with how something is working/running as something only women have the right to voice. Which leaves men in a purgatory of "Do I suffer in silence or make my feelings known"

Most men will bottle it up and deal with it, sufferring because wife is happy and end up sleeping with a woman who "understands". All in all, communication is key. A real man will speak up for himself and a real woman will not disregard his concerns nor judge him for complaining.

All facts

Season 1 was good. Season 2 is just a bunch of arguing and sleeping around. It was more interesting in Season 1 when Molly and Issa were different, this season Molly and Issa are the same character

She looked wild with the low cut but she let her hair grow a lil bit and now she nice, I will admit.

But bank bae the baddass to grace the show

Just started watching Insecure this past Monday. I'm all caught up & cant wait for the new episode tomorrow. I never watched it before because I thought it was on some "girl power ****". It's actually a good show & be having me :rofl:.

Back
Top Bottom