HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

When this Pandemic is over and they start shooting again, I need a post-pandemic hot take about race from Andrew's brother

lol for what?

I’ve seen that scenario play out first hand and this Korean dude got the breaks beat off of him for “playing devils advocate”.

Asian people seem to LOVE using that line to make way for side ways commentary.

Just caught the episode. I enjoyed it. Molly looked right in that pink swim suit. Andrews brother needed to read the scene; no need to play devil’s advocate all the time.

One of the chauffeur signs when they’re leaving the trip is Jay Ellis baby’s name. No idea about Shadow Rothwell, but maybe the actress who plays Kelli (Natasha Rothwell) had a kid?

Edit:Just saw the post above

It just dawned on me that Issa is playing out the opinion she shared in that book of hers. The one where she said black women should be dating Asian men.

Andrew has been Molly's most understanding partner
Yeah I saw that coming. Same thing with her movie on Netflix now.

Dam yo it took for them to hit a vacation for Andrew to eat the mass? If he down for butt play with her I’m surprised he ain’t do it sooner. And I’m not surprised that’s ALL she brought, if you don’t show your partner that you’re willing to experiment or at least be vocal about then you don’t know if you can just casually bring out sex toys.

Like everyone was saying, that pool scene was very real and that’s exactly how people react. Molly was really ready to eff up her vacation not only when she heard Issa in the background on the FaceTime call but also during the pool. You can tell they didn’t do any more double dat activities after that and the rest of the trip was most likely lackluster. I do give Molly credit for going off on her secretary, like you are under me and mange my meetings you can’t be dropping the ball at the last min like that.

He’s still gonna want to “play devil’s advocate”. Even a negative personal experience doesn’t erase people’s desire to antagonize others.

Depends on how he's written, depends on the point the writers want to make. Sometimes people learn the hard way.

Wasnt mad at episode.

Molly finally decided to hit up up therapist. She needs it. What she did at the pull was annoying as hell. I'm going to pray to have the type of patience Andrew has.

I think it home when Andrew made the comment about Nathan dealing with mental issues . That plus the facts Issa was dropping had her in her feels. She shouldn’t have stopped going to her therapist.

Nah, its not how they operate.

Starz and Showtime value on demand views. They count that closer to ratings when they make decisions to renew shows. That's taken in to consideration.

HBO's primetime Sunday slots always do #s. They mainly focus on the live ratings and they don't put stuff up early on demand so it doesn't hurt the live ratings. Insecure isn't GoT but they do huge #s when new episodes air. Check black twitter during real time when Insecure airs and right after it ends. Always big conversation about what went on that at times can trend. So that speaks for itself.

If Insecure wasn't big and only had a niche audience it would air Friday nights along with shows like High Maintenance and that new show Bettys.

I wouldn't be surprised if the therapist is fed up with Molly. Look at how infrequently she has sessions. Had to start off her voicemail I know we aint talk in a while :lol:

Molly the type to think things are going well so she doesn't have to work on herself any ore, boom shes cured. Then things begin to go bad in an area she hasn't discussed with her and she lets it simmer until it boils over to address it.

I hate they didn’t show the beginning of the white couple getting their towels (to validate if she did card them). I been molly in that situation and it’s exhausting.

the brother didn’t know molly well enough to play devils advocate so I do think that was trash. Nor did he see if the white couple was carded so he should’ve just kept it pushing after he helped molly get a towel.

the whole angle was stupid. when you go to Mexico, it’s a Tourist resort ain’t no strangers primarily chilling in the pool like that then asking for towels.

I hate they didn’t show the beginning of the white couple getting their towels (to validate if she did card them). I been molly in that situation and it’s exhausting.
I rewatched the scene a few times hoping I could catch if they were carded or not but they just get handed a towel.

That would legitimize everything a bit more.

the brother didn’t know molly well enough to play devils advocate so I do think that was trash. Nor did he see if the white couple was carded so he should’ve just kept it pushing after he helped molly get a towel.
The brother didn't even care if that couple was carded or not his whole devil's advocate angle was to say that person was deciding to do her job right when Molly asked for a towel. It's just stupid reasoning.

the whole angle was stupid. when you go to Mexico, it’s a Tourist resort ain’t no strangers primarily chilling in the pool like that then asking for towels.
FACTS

Depends on how he's written, depends on the point the writers want to make. Sometimes people learn the hard way.

Given who the show is created by, written by and written for... I think I have a pretty good hunch as to what the outcome of that would be if it is in fact further explored. But what do I know?

Given who the show is created by, written by and written for... I think I have a pretty good hunch as to what the outcome of that would be if it is in fact further explored. But what do I know?

If the writers are worth a damn, they'll subvert your expectations (not in the GoT kind of way, but better). I think most shows are going to incorporate the Pandemic in their own ways. I'd be shocked if a show like Insecure doesn't explore some of the racism occurring during the Pandemic. Especially since they've incorporated Asian characters into it.

Andrew a dweeb, fool constantly shaking his hair out of his face like a female.

I didn't know he was Australian, his accent broke out on the after show. It was weird.

Just sad a lot of sisters can't be their best selves for a good brother.

Seems like they put their best foot forward for someone outside the black diaspora

9429567D-FD90-49E2-AD06-07693B0AAA01.gif

B1E3C58D-2099-4619-B302-F49427944066.gif
5E4C2828-9DC0-4BE6-99B0-8488DC386D7C.gif

Back
Top Bottom