HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

FB_IMG_1685761030343.jpg

To be honest, that heel turn at the end from Shiv kind of came out of nowhere. I still don't understand the motivation of her changing her mind.

And also, "terminal" Tom had one of the most masterful character arc's I've seen in a TV show. Dude weaseled his way to the very top.

To be honest, that heel turn at the end from Shiv kind of came out of nowhere. I still don't understand the motivation of her changing her mind.

And also, "terminal" Tom had one of the most masterful character arc's I've seen in a TV show. Dude weaseled his way to the very top.

She saw how Kendall was acting before the vote when he thought he had it in the bag

Kendall a sore winner and an even worse sore loser. Can’t do anything right

This quote from Jesse Armstrong pretty much confirms it

1685765943364.png
Bingo,

Anyone claiming Shiv was doing it for any higher analysis or depth hasn't been paying attention to Shiv. Even if selling was the right move, her play was simply due to the fact that she couldn't bear Ken winning.

Bingo,

Anyone claiming Shiv was doing it for any higher analysis or depth hasn't been paying attention to Shiv. Even if selling was the right move, her play was simply due to the fact that she couldn't bear Ken winning.
“I love you, but I can’t stomach you”

I wonder if Kendall could’ve save it if he didn’t instantly go into pathetic groveling mode when Shiv told him she was thinking of changing her mind.

Dude spirals way too quickly when things don’t go his way. Same thing in his interactions with Rava and Jess this season too

How incredibly lame..From the article...

“I didn’t know I was gonna do that, and he didn’t know, but he raced over and stopped me. I don’t know whether in that moment I felt that Kendall just wanted to die — I think he did — or if he wanted to be saved by essentially a proxy of his father.”

Like bro, what does this even mean. Props to his portrayal but this is so corny and self aggrandizing it hurts to read

“I love you, but I can’t stomach you”

I wonder if Kendall could’ve save it if he didn’t instantly go into pathetic groveling mode when Shiv told him she was thinking of changing her mind.

Dude spirals way too quickly when things don’t go his way. Same thing in his interactions with Rava and Jess this season too
Agree, or at-least stay humble UNTIL the vote goes through, but then again that wouldn't be Ken right?

Yo da man, Mr. danger style danger style . You da man. :smokin :lol:

Kendall could’ve stayed humble and Shiv would’ve called him weak for not showing his true emotions. There wasn’t a single thing Kendall could’ve done to keep Shiv from finding anyway to justify her decision.

This. He was cooked once Tom dropped the info to Shiv that he was going to be CEO.

Bear with me here but was it Greg that lowkey set all this in motion? If he doesn't call Kendall to give him the drop on Shiv being out as US CEO then Kendall doesn't know that he can easily get Roman onboard and flip Shiv. The information seemed to be out there in the universe but I am not sure it makes it to Kendall in time to start making moves without Greg's intel.

I could be forgetting something within that block of the episode but I feel like that was the turning point. Granted - without the intel, Shiv would have naively voted for Mattson anyway but since the pretenses of her vote would have been different, it would have changed how everyone perceived the outcome (both characters and viewers).

This. He was cooked once Tom dropped the info to Shiv that he was going to be CEO.

Bear with me here but was it Greg that lowkey set all this in motion? If he doesn't call Kendall to give him the drop on Shiv being out as US CEO then Kendall doesn't know that he can easily get Roman onboard and flip Shiv. The information seemed to be out there in the universe but I am not sure it makes it to Kendall in time to start making moves without Greg's intel.

I could be forgetting something within that block of the episode but I feel like that was the turning point. Granted - without the intel, Shiv would have naively voted for Mattson anyway but since the pretenses of her vote would have been different, it would have changed how everyone perceived the outcome (both characters and viewers).

Kendall didn’t have the votes which is why he goes to Barbados to get Roman. Stewey began going into self preservation mode and started ghosting Ken.

Once Greg drops the juicy tidbit, he sets into motion Ken not having to go beg those other random board members.

The more interesting What If is Shiv finding out she was being iced out on her own accord as opposed to finding out from Ken and then being confirmed by the lawyer she hates.

I’m also more interested in why Stewie didn’t have his sister in line and on the team.

I’m also more interested in why Stewie didn’t have his sister in line and on the team.
Are you talking about Sandi? They’re not brother and sister.

Sandi is Sandy’s daughter and Stewie just worked under Sandy. They’ve never necessarily been in alignment. Seemed like Stewie got sick of Sandy towards the end of the series

It’s likely that Kendall would’ve been ****** either way. If Greg didn’t spill the beans, Kendall wouldn’t have had enough votes. But also because he spilled the beans, Kendall was able to rope in Shiv.

Shiv and Tom talk and it’s revealed Mattsson was picking Tom. I doubt Tom would have told Shiv that until he found out that Shiv knew what Mattson was up to. With that knowledge, Shiv was more confident in making the decision to screw over Kendall. Maybe if the auction scene hadn’t happened at all and Tom and shiv never spoke before the vote, Kendall would’ve have a chance, but that’s a lot of ifs :lol:

Last edited:

he used that, he used the paper(right?)......he told me when I was 7.......... but why didnt he go back to season 1 ep 1.....and state this "I had the Fing JOB....it was set and he reneged.....I was clean, I worked, I proved myself and he backed out".....

if i was him I would have said this... FINE.....i'm out as CEO its your company guys you do as you will.....let me know if you neeed help.......maybe they fall for that and keep it as is...

F shiv

Back
Top Bottom