HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

Just saw Tom’s going to be in Deadpool 3 :lol:

Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook, Kieran Culkin, and Nicholas Braun all look like they haven’t mapped out much in the way of upcoming projects.

1685426376504.png

Honestly, it was a very smart move by Greg. Informing the Roy kids that shiv wasn't going to be the US CEO in order to switch the vote and in exchange Greg gets a big payday or promotion. It just didn't work out for him because his Shiv ended up siding with Tom.

In real life though, Greg would 100% have been fired and shamed. Allowing him to keep his job even at a lower salary is letting Greg off easy.
It was no doubt a smart move by Greg just didnt work out for him.

Also writing wise, the last half hour doesn't even happen of Greg doesnt use google translate.

Last edited:
Jeremy Strong and Matthew Macfadyen will be fine and will get parts at the very least as spotlight complimentary pieces in big movies (Strong was really good in The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Macfadyen has been in plenty of movies, even before Succession)

.... but I really think Culkin and Snook are doomed to travel the Matt LeBlanc-type path where they will never be even in the same stratosphere as this, whether in movies or TV/dissociate from their Succession roles.

Jeremy Strong and Matthew Macfadyen will be fine and will get parts at the very least as spotlight complimentary pieces in big movies (Strong was really good in The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Macfadyen has been in plenty of movies, even before Succession)

.... but I really think Culkin and Snook are doomed to travel the Matt LeBlanc-type path where they will never be even in the same stratosphere as this, whether in movies or TV/dissociate from their Succession roles.

This is actually a pretty common phenomena with wildly popular shows. You would think all of The main cast of the show would have roles lined up the next decade but it rarely works out that way.

Game of Thrones was one of the biggest shows in history yet most of the main cast has struggled to find consistent work. Breaking bad was a really popular show yet Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have only had mild success. Heck, the guy who played Gus Fringe gets more work than those two.

Yall should never confuse a great show with great actors.

Especially with tv qhere there are way more character actors that can shine with a role in a series.

Bringing up GoT is a good example. There's a difference between Dinklage and Robb Stark (that boy been trying his hardest since to find a show or movie to blow with and even Marvel couldn't help). There's a difference between Gillen and Jon Snow (tried a few things and run right back to Snow). Gillen gets cast easily and Dinklage is basically a star now.

I would not expect a lot from the cast of Succession. Strong was great but there really wasnt a breakout star of this 4 season show. Ain't no Pedro Pascal here.

I dont quite see how this shows writing is considered all time great. Even though i do think it was really good and the acting was impeccable.
But the constant narrative of fighting for the ceo position was draining. I think they could have came up with numerous other great storylines.

Also, the fact that tom and greg are the truimphant duo in this is silly. Like storm2006 storm2006 perfectly put it, you have to suspend disbelief to think any of the siblings and tom would be left to adequately handle the reigns.

Im still trying to wrap my head around shiv’s decision. Her issues with her brother seemed to be solved at the beach side and thier moms crib. What was her angle ?

Jeremy Strong is a weird theater dude, he's going back there after this.
I think he would be foolish not to do both at this point in his career, right coming off Succession. This is when he should be doubling up on theater as A, and movie/TVs as B.

I dont quite see how this shows writing is considered all time great. Even though i do think it was really good and the acting was impeccable.
But the constant narrative of fighting for the ceo position was draining. I think they could have came up with numerous other great storylines.

Also, the fact that tom and greg are the truimphant duo in this is silly. Like storm2006 storm2006 perfectly put it, you have to suspend disbelief to think any of the siblings and tom would be left to adequately handle the reigns.

Im still trying to wrap my head around shiv’s decision. Her issues with her brother seemed to be solved at the beach side and thier moms crib. What was her angle ?

CEO = King. Lots of classic stories are about who gets crowned king and all of the backstabbing on the way there. Especially Shakespeare's work. It's just a modern setting.

Greg is really just Tom's assistant. Tom works for the reasons they outline. Matsson needs an empty suit who is willing to take abuse and be abused. That's Tom. Matsson will get rid of him when he feels like it. The kids could never work because they're crabs in the bucket. One tries to reach the top, the others pull him/her down. They team up and right away, someone is plotting behind the scenes. There's always something that gets in between them.

Shiv's issues are the same issues they all have. They all want the crown, they all think they should be the one to take the reins. Even Roman was having his doubts right before the meeting. He reluctantly gave his vote to Kendall. Shiv was never going to run things but that doesn't mean that Roman or Kendall should either. Roman was an emotional wreck. Kendall was full of hubris and was so entitled that he believed the crown was his by birthright (#1 Boy, I'm The Eldest Boy!).

Am I the only one that doesn't give two ****s about Shakespearean themes in movies and TV? Did this man invent the wheel?

Make a quality TV show or movie, I don't care about how it draws from Shakespeare. And by the way, Shakespeare probably drew his ideas from inspirations as well... soooo ya

Am I the only one that doesn't give two ****s about Shakespearean themes in movies and TV? Did this man invent the wheel?

Shakespeare is a huge part of creative writing. There's no way you can do a show about power and corruption without drawing influence from his work. If Succession is so great, it's because the writers were inspired by Shakespeare. And he wrote various genres which works for a dramedy.

For a bunch of ppl yes.

It can be argued the majority of dramas today are just imitations of Shakespeare's work.

Especially in America.

A lot of writers/creators are not coming up with new ideas for shows, they're just remixing old work to the point they will follow it beat for beat no matter what. So while yes they could do much more or different things with the premise/concept they won't gamble and veer away.

Again, another perfect example is George RR Martin and GoT. Went to **** when they ain't have nothing to adapt.

Yeah but can they make it entertaining too?

The thing with Shakespeare is he was also prolific in his work. Its not like ppl are nust copying and regurgitating the same 5 stories. He got most genres/the popular ones.

Probably gotta go to sci-fi to see none of his influence.... and even then

Back
Top Bottom