has anyone ever got a job or interview off of monster.com?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

I got a call from OCADA (ORANGE COUNTY AUTO DEALERS ASSOC.)

I show up, they train me to sell cars for 3 days, and within a week I'm working at Mitsubishi as a car salesman = WORST JOB IN THE WORLD!!!

I sold a car, and they told me I wasn't getting the commission because I didn't take their CAR KNOWLEDGE test, and that I could pay a guy $40 to take it for me.

I left in 3 days, and in those 3 days I was the ONLY PERSON to sell a car.
awww man. Why you didnt go and take the test after they told you though? I would have been like, where it's at?
THEY DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT THAT TEST UNTIL I SOLD THE CAR!!!!!
Had me making COLD CALLS to random *** people.
The cool thing was driving the EVO's to the Gas Station and using the paddle shifters like it was a Ferrari.
They never paid me for those 3 days either = THERE WAS AN INCIDENT AT CIRCLE MITSUBISHI IN THE LBC

that's what I asked...why you didnt go and take the test AFTER they told you? even after you sold the car......I would have been like "show me the test peeps"
smile.gif

unless it was just too freaking late then I understand.
JOB SUCKED!!!!!
Highlight of my day was going to lunch w/ my girl who worked at Toyota.

I show up, they train me to sell cars for 3 days, and within a week I'm working at Mitsubishi as a car salesman = WORST JOB IN THE WORLD!!!

I sold a car, and they told me I wasn't getting the commission because I didn't take their CAR KNOWLEDGE test, and that I could pay a guy $40 to take it for me.

awww man. Why you didnt go and take the test after they told you though? I would have been like, where it's at?
The cool thing was driving the EVO's to the Gas Station and using the paddle shifters like it was a Ferrari.
They never paid me for those 3 days either = THERE WAS AN INCIDENT AT CIRCLE MITSUBISHI IN THE LBC

that's what I asked...why you didnt go and take the test AFTER they told you? even after you sold the car......I would have been like "show me the test peeps"
smile.gif

unless it was just too freaking late then I understand.
JOB SUCKED!!!!!
Highlight of my day was going to lunch w/ my girl who worked at Toyota.

Before I got my job at Apple, I made an account, posted my resume and stuff. I got the job at Apple then I got 3 calls from companies who saw my resume.

Before I got my job at Apple, I made an account, posted my resume and stuff. I got the job at Apple then I got 3 calls from companies who saw my resume.

Originally Posted by frshstunna

what are the best sites for job searches?

Careerbuilder, first Job site I got accustomed too before I chose monster.YahoohotjobsUSAgov.org even though it's a freeze on the federal government as a wholeIndeed.comThe ladder.com not sure but I was watching an ESPN commercial and they came up.Damn something tells me if I was a little bit more patient I could have landed something better than working retail. *goes back to monster*

Careerbuilder, first Job site I got accustomed too before I chose monster.YahoohotjobsUSAgov.org even though it's a freeze on the federal government as a wholeIndeed.comThe ladder.com not sure but I was watching an ESPN commercial and they came up.Damn something tells me if I was a little bit more patient I could have landed something better than working retail. *goes back to monster*

Traffic circle dealership is mad shady. I had a friend who leased a celica and then got home and noticed that they had lied about something. He called them back and told that something's wrong with the contract and this wasn't what they had verbally agreed on. They said to wait until Monday (he bought the car on a Saturday night) and come back to talk to the manager. He comes back on Monday and they tell him the manager won't be in until Wed. He gets upset and screams at them, throws them the key and rips up his contract.

He never heard from them again and he never heard from the bank. We figure something must of been up if they didn't even come after him.

Traffic circle dealership is mad shady. I had a friend who leased a celica and then got home and noticed that they had lied about something. He called them back and told that something's wrong with the contract and this wasn't what they had verbally agreed on. They said to wait until Monday (he bought the car on a Saturday night) and come back to talk to the manager. He comes back on Monday and they tell him the manager won't be in until Wed. He gets upset and screams at them, throws them the key and rips up his contract.

He never heard from them again and he never heard from the bank. We figure something must of been up if they didn't even come after him.

The Ladders is only 100K jobs and not for your every day joe schmoe
laugh.gif

The Ladders is only 100K jobs and not for your every day joe schmoe
laugh.gif

Got my current job from CareerBuilders. I work at a car rental place in the airport. Make decent money. I got two jobs in one week off CareerBuilders when I was looking.

Got my current job from CareerBuilders. I work at a car rental place in the airport. Make decent money. I got two jobs in one week off CareerBuilders when I was looking.

jack your Linkedin page up....(obviously pends on your field)

I've seen a bunch of my boys getting offered jobs on Linked In....

I recently boosted mine, to promote the work my company does.  I'm not looking for a job right now, but starting to get reccommendations on my Linked in page is 
pimp.gif
 for the future....

jack your Linkedin page up....(obviously pends on your field)

I've seen a bunch of my boys getting offered jobs on Linked In....

I recently boosted mine, to promote the work my company does.  I'm not looking for a job right now, but starting to get reccommendations on my Linked in page is 
pimp.gif
 for the future....

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom