Happy Birthday Tracy McGrady

I appreciate how tall he was and how he could move. I mean other than durant I've never seen someone 6'9 and up with that talent and speed.
Like really think about how tall he was, I've heard the dude is pushing 6'10. then I really think back to all that he was able to do...

Remember when he was trying to get MVP for the ASG when it was hosted in houston a couple years back? Man I miss that dude. I just sometimes hoped he could just get back to 70% of what he once was when I saw him playing in Atlanta

Happy Birthday T-MAC
smile.gif

That was a good series against the lakers. Going to 7
frown.gif

One of my all time faves
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
In his prime, he was that dude. And my dude T-Mac DID make it out the 1st round...he was just on the inactive list
back in 2008/9 playoffs
laugh.gif
Yes i count that come at me!!

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Originally Posted by pootaing

I get the feeling that people bashing T-Mac were too young to remember him from his prime...

I'm not saying he hes better than KD or KD is better than T-Mac but McGrady was unstoppable in Orlando/early Houston years
This.

& I never understood the bashing of T-Mac not getting out of the first round because if anything, his teams should be bashed, not him. When you're the best player on those teams I understand it'll fall on that player, but at the same time I think it gets overlooked that he didn't exactly have the best supporting cast. Plus, it wasn't like T-Mac played like garbage in those first rounds either... If he did then I could understand the criticism a little more, but there was more than enough times where he delivered with big games.
This.
The dude put up ridiculous lines in the playoffs and went to game 7 three out of 6 times and game 6 once. 

He put up these numbers in the playoffs:

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]Tm[/th][th=""]Lg[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]FG[/th][th=""]FGA[/th][th=""]3P[/th][th=""]3PA[/th][th=""]FT[/th][th=""]FTA[/th][th=""]ORB[/th][th=""]TRB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TOV[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""]PTS[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][th=""]3P%[/th][th=""]FT%[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PTS[/th][th=""]TRB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td][td]20[/td][td]TOR[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]3[/td][td]111[/td][td]17[/td][td]44[/td][td]2[/td][td]7[/td][td]14[/td][td]16[/td][td]10[/td][td]21[/td][td]9[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]50[/td][td].386[/td][td].286[/td][td].875[/td][td]37.0[/td][td]16.7[/td][td]7.0[/td][td]3.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td][td]21[/td][td]ORL[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]4[/td][td]178[/td][td]51[/td][td]123[/td][td]2[/td][td]10[/td][td]31[/td][td]38[/td][td]6[/td][td]26[/td][td]33[/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][td]11[/td][td]135[/td][td].415[/td][td].200[/td][td].816[/td][td]44.5[/td][td]33.8[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]8.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td][td]22[/td][td]ORL[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]4[/td][td]178[/td][td]42[/td][td]91[/td][td]5[/td][td]16[/td][td]34[/td][td]46[/td][td]6[/td][td]25[/td][td]22[/td][td]2[/td][td]7[/td][td]13[/td][td]11[/td][td]123[/td][td].462[/td][td].313[/td][td].739[/td][td]44.5[/td][td]30.8[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]5.5[/td][/tr][tr]http://d2ft4b0ve1aur1.clo...et/images-001/aqua.png); ">[td]2002-03[/td][td]23[/td][td]ORL[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]7[/td][td]308[/td][td]74[/td][td]165[/td][td]16[/td][td]47[/td][td]58[/td][td]75[/td][td]10[/td][td]47[/td][td]33[/td][td]14[/td][td]6[/td][td]26[/td][td]16[/td][td]222[/td][td].448[/td][td].340[/td][td].773[/td][td]44.0[/td][td]31.7[/td][td]6.7[/td][td]4.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]25[/td][td]HOU[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]7[/td][td]301[/td][td]78[/td][td]171[/td][td]17[/td][td]46[/td][td]42[/td][td]51[/td][td]12[/td][td]52[/td][td]47[/td][td]11[/td][td]10[/td][td]26[/td][td]20[/td][td]215[/td][td].456[/td][td].370[/td][td].824[/td][td]43.0[/td][td]30.7[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]6.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]27[/td][td]HOU[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]7[/td][td]280[/td][td]63[/td][td]160[/td][td]9[/td][td]36[/td][td]42[/td][td]57[/td][td]5[/td][td]41[/td][td]51[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]21[/td][td]12[/td][td]177[/td][td].394[/td][td].250[/td][td].737[/td][td]40.0[/td][td]25.3[/td][td]5.9[/td][td]7.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]28[/td][td]HOU[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]6[/td][td]247[/td][td]62[/td][td]146[/td][td]5[/td][td]24[/td][td]33[/td][td]53[/td][td]7[/td][td]49[/td][td]41[/td][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td]18[/td][td]8[/td][td]162[/td][td].425[/td][td].208[/td][td].623[/td][td]41.2[/td][td]27.0[/td][td]8.2[/td][td]6.8[/td][/tr][/table]

and if you can't appreciate that then get off your high horse for real
laugh.gif

^^Bingo some of these young kids don't understand how much of a beast McGrady was. All they remember is his time with the Rockets.

The only stats i need are my eyes. T-mac is a better player than KD. KD will end up being a more accomplished player due to his supporting cast. I don't use this loosely, T-mac is one the best offensive players i have ever seen. Outside of Jordan and Kobe, name me somebody with an offensive arsenal that rivaled T-mac. There is nothing he couldn't do offensively.

KD is simply the flavor of the month. Some people in this country (thanks skip bayless)  use team objectives as a metric when it comes to assessing  individual ability. KD has/will go farther in the postseason so some of you give him the nod. T-mac was the 1st and 2nd option offensively and yet he still dominated teams. When KD is not on, Harden or RW can hold it down. T-mac is a better ball  handler, facilitator and slasher than KD. KD may be better from range but that is his only offensive edge. If you flip flop T-mac and KD your perception of the two would change. T-mac would be considered a "winner" KD would be Carmelo Anthony.

T-mac gets LBJ Hate. KD gets Kobe love. When T-mac's/LBJ team fails it's all their fault. When KD/Kobe team's win (no matter how bad they play individually) they get all the love. Kobe missed 18/24 shots in a game 7 at home in the finals. Yet he won his 5th ring. Bron/T-mac put up those numbers and they are choke artists.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

The only stats i need are my eyes. T-mac is a better player than KD. KD will end up being a more accomplished player due to his supporting cast. I don't use this loosely, T-mac is one the best offensive players i have ever seen. Outside of Jordan and Kobe, name me somebody with an offensive arsenal that rivaled T-mac. There is nothing he couldn't do offensively.

KD is simply the flavor of the month. Some people in this country (thanks skip bayless)  use team objectives as a metric when it comes to assessing  individual ability. KD has/will go farther in the postseason so some of you give him the nod. T-mac was the 1st and 2nd option offensively and yet he still dominated teams. When KD is not on, Harden or RW can hold it down. T-mac is a better ball  handler, facilitator and slasher than KD. KD may be better from range but that is his only offensive edge. If you flip flop T-mac and KD your perception of the two would change. T-mac would be considered a "winner" KD would be Carmelo Anthony.

T-mac gets LBJ Hate. KD gets Kobe love. When T-mac's/LBJ team fails it's all their fault. When KD/Kobe team's win (no matter how bad they play individually) they get all the love. Kobe missed 18/24 shots in a game 7 at home in the finals. Yet he won his 5th ring. Bron/T-mac put up those numbers and they are choke artists.
Gods uttered "word" in response to someone who had stated the profound truth.

there is a LOT of truth here.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

^^Bingo some of these young kids don't understand how much of a beast McGrady was. All they remember is his time with the Rockets.
And not even the beginning of his Rockets run, they just remember the tail end when he started wearing out his welcome, and eventually being traded to the Knicks 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

there is a LOT of truth here.
Too much truth

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Kobe grabbed 15 boards and did many hustle things on the court though. He didn't hit shots that night but he did many other things to help his team win.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Kobe grabbed 15 boards and did many hustle things on the court though. He didn't hit shots that night but he did many other things to help his team win.
Your statement just cemented my point. Ron Artest was the reason Kobe won his 5th ring. Ron shut down Paul Pierce in the 4th and hit the biggest shot of that night to seal the win. Not to mention Gasol had double digit rebounds that game. If a guy misses 18/24 shots the least he could do is grab some of those bricks he threw up. LBJ went 27, 19, 10 and was killed by the media because he didn't "impose his will" on the game. One player won and gets a pass and the other is ripped for not being a clutch player. Someone compared Lebron to Domonique Wilkens; all highlights and no substance. Mo Will played well for 6 quarters that entire series. Jamison was nowhere to be found in that series and despite that the cavs made it to game 6. I could go on but you get my point.

^Don't forget about Kendrick Perkins going down too. Pau Gasol creamed his pants once he went out cause he knew he wouldn't get shook and abused anymore.

Captain-save-a-Kob

Your statement just cemented my point. Ron Artest was the reason Kobe won his 5th ring. Ron shut down Paul Pierce in the 4th and hit the biggest shot of that night to seal the win. Not to mention Gasol had double digit rebounds that game. If a guy misses 18/24 shots the least he could do is grab some of those bricks he threw up. LBJ went 27, 19, 10 and was killed by the media because he didn't "impose his will" on the game. One player won and gets a pass and the other is ripped for not being a clutch player. Someone compared Lebron to Domonique Wilkens; all highlights and no substance. Mo Will played well for 6 quarters that entire series. Jamison was nowhere to be found in that series and despite that the cavs made it to game 6. I could go on but you get my point.
 Your statement is incorrect. Last time i check it's a team sport. Everybody chip in for the win but the superstar is the guy you rely on to win the entire series. Your point is Ron Artest won Kobe 5th ring for him. That's the stupidest thing i've heard. Without Kobe averaging 25, 26 pts for the entire series Lakers would got swept. In Game 7 Kobe grab 15 rebound as a GUARD. He did whatever to help his team win. You can say he didn't have a good shooting game 7 but his effort and intensity was always there all night. As far as Kobe being clutch. He's clutch because he have the gut to take big shots without worry about his stat. You can ask GM and coaches and they'll tell you that Kobe is the most dangerous player in the 4th quarter with the ball in his hand. You don't earn that respect by being a fluke. Lebron is a guy who worry about his stat and that's why he'll never be in the conversation of being a clutch player like Kobe, Dirk, Jordan etc. When the last time you see Lebron WANT to take a last second shot ? This guy scare to shoot the ball because he worry about his stat .

Lebron is clutch ? Son is looking for another guy to take the ball out of his hand as soon as the shot clock wind down 3,2,1.
laugh.gif

Missing free throws and having mental break down in the 4th quarter is not clutch buddy

This is Lebron James 9th seasons in the league. You either have it or you don't

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^Don't forget about Kendrick Perkins going down too. Pau Gasol creamed his pants once he went out cause he knew he wouldn't get shook and abused anymore.
What about Bynum playing on one knee the entire series ? I guess that make Perkin and KG cream their pants too knowing they have advantage on the board. KG was guarding Gasol most of the time anyway.
happy.gif

Your statement is incorrect. Last time i check it's a team sport. Everybody chip in for the win but the superstar is the guy you rely on to win the entire series. Your point is Ron Artest won Kobe 5th ring for him. That's the stupidest thing i've heard. Without Kobe averaging 25, 26 pts for the entire series Lakers would got swept. In Game 7 Kobe grab 15 rebound as a GUARD. He did whatever to help his team win. You can say he didn't have a good shooting game 7 but his effort and intensity was always there all night. As far as Kobe being clutch. He's clutch because he have the gut to take big shots without worry about his stat. You can ask GM and coaches and they'll tell you that Kobe is the most dangerous player in the 4th quarter with the ball in his hand. You don't earn that respect by being a fluke. Lebron is a guy who worry about his stat and that's why he'll never be in the conversation of being a clutch player like Kobe, Dirk, Jordan etc. When the last time you see Lebron WANT to take a last second shot ? This guy scare to shoot the ball because he worry about his stat .

Lebron is clutch ? Son is looking for another guy to take the ball out of his hand as soon as the shot clock wind down 3,2,1.
laugh.gif

Missing free throws and having mental break down in the 4th quarter is not clutch buddy

This is Lebron James 9th seasons in the league. You either have it or you don't
I get it now. Your "that kind" of Kobe fan.

I get it now. Your "that kind" of Kobe fan.
These types of fans are the worst. Almost make Pacquiao stans tolerable
laugh.gif

There just is no arguing with them. 

Although Durant has made it past the 1st round of the playoffs several times and will most likely have the better career overall, T-mac was much more thrilling to watch. He was more explosive and athletic. His shes were nice too 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom