Happy Birthday Tracy McGrady

If you have never seen McGrady play outside of some YouTube videos, which don't really justify how good McGrady was, then you really don't have any idea on how good he really was.

For example I can't say how good someone like Oscar Robertson was, cause I never got a chance to see him play. Aside from stats I read online a couple of YouTube videos, I can't really give an input on how good he was, cause i never got to see him play.

McGrady in his prime was legit. He was a better defender and better a dishing out assists than Durant is. Give McGrady Westbrook and Harden only on that Magic or Rockets team and I'm sure he would have probably made it to the conference finals of the Playoffs.

It's just silly that people act as if Durant's the one carrying the Thunder alone in the Playoffs, when Westbrook has carried the team in a lot of the recent Playoff games, including the recent series with the Lakers where Westbrook carried the team for the most part.

I get the feeling that people bashing T-Mac were too young to remember him from his prime...

I'm not saying he hes better than KD or KD is better than T-Mac but McGrady was unstoppable in Orlando/early Houston years

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Tmac was a poor man's Kobe.

laugh.gif
  ironic since back in the day there were alot of Tmac vs Kobe threads

Originally Posted by pootaing

I get the feeling that people bashing T-Mac were too young to remember him from his prime...

yep, offensively he was ALWAYS getting compared to kobe, thats how good he was.

How did this become a Tmac vs. KD debate..?
All I know is that people trying diminish Tmac in his prime are crazy..

I paid to see him almost everytime he came to key arena.. 

Watchin him and Ray Allen play was the best.

Tmac would get a rebound.. Would literally take 4 dribbles down court max..

Pull up 2-3 feet behind the arc and hit it so effortlessly
sick.gif

He made it look way too easy.

Anyways HBBD Tmac. One of my favs..

I'm not saying he hes better than KD or KD is better than T-Mac but McGrady was unstoppable in Orlando/early Houston years
This.

& I never understood the bashing of T-Mac not getting out of the first round because if anything, his teams should be bashed, not him. When you're the best player on those teams I understand it'll fall on that player, but at the same time I think it gets overlooked that he didn't exactly have the best supporting cast. Plus, it wasn't like T-Mac played like garbage in those first rounds either... If he did then I could understand the criticism a little more, but there was more than enough times where he delivered with big games.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Exactly. 

They don't know!

It was pretty much just Kobe and TMac atop of the game as far as SG's were concerned.

Guy certainly elevated his game in the playoffs, too bad his team mates did not always do so.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Exactly. 

They don't know!
and this may be blasphemous to some, but he was the only one who was capable of guarding Kobe.... 
I loved that match up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

TMAC and Penny are the the two most overrated players in NT history.

I would say Kobe but at least he has skins on the wall

but their talents warrant the "ratings" they receive. 
nerd.gif
grin.gif

so no one remembers earlier in the 2000s when it was tmac/kobe and then the rest of the league? tmac never had role players as good as westbrook, harden, ibaka, perkins, sefalosha etc. tmac was surrounded with yao ming, bob sura, david wesley, ryan bowen, jon barry, scott padgett etc. he also averaged about 30 ppg in the playoffs, so miss me with all that "tmac couldnt get out the first round" nonsense.

Did dude said Tmac and Kobe was overrated ?

Mavs is a joke one hit wonder . Dirk overrated

Watching Tmac playing garbo minutes on the Hawks makes me sad.

To know you're playing behind Willie Green, Marvin Williams and Stackhouse has got to be painful.

HBD.

Originally Posted by superpine

Man he was so cold in his prime.

He really was. The word "overrated" shouldn't even come out of your mouth when talking about this man.

I remember going to watch him at the Verizon center against the wizards and he dropped 40+ with EASE.
sick.gif

Watching it live was something else.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by do work son

so no one remembers earlier in the 2000s when it was tmac/kobe and then the rest of the league?
uhh, Iverson & Shaq?

Pretty sure he was talking as far as shooting guards go.

So? he's a natural 2. Moving to the 1 doesn't change that.

McGrady slid over to the 3 for a few years, but he's still considered a 2 by some.

Back
Top Bottom