Happy Birthday Tracy McGrady

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Congrats to one of the most overrated players in NBA history 
pimp.gif
68ylgw.gif

I forgot how delusional S&T can be sometimes, I like T Mac, but KD is better. Sorry. Woooo, y'all right. I looked at that roster from '03 when he averaged 32 a game 
sick.gif
. But the east was mad weak that year tho. Too bad Grant Hill couldn't stay healthy. He still could have been past the first round tho. 

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Tmac ! HBD
And just stop this tmac kd stuff..
23 Y.O tmac > 23 Y.O KD
word up. These kids sicken me

Tmac was balling
pimp.gif
. KD is nice but he's not that good

T-Mac was a better scorer, slasher, ball handler and play maker. Durant is good but no where near as exciting and entertaining to watch as T-Mac in his prime was. Anyone that watched him play during his Orlando days knows how truly elite he was. He made scoring look so simple and easy.

I don't see how it is far-fetched to say tmac was comparable to durant...I think in his prime tmac was just as capable a scorer and in fact a better defender than durant is right now...tell durant to lock up dirk like he did in that series...tmac was a baller, it's just a shame that the fragile body of his did him in so quick

Originally Posted by baik

I don't see how it is far-fetched to say tmac was comparable to durant...I think in his prime tmac was just as capable a scorer and in fact a better defender than durant is right now...tell durant to lock up dirk like he did in that series...tmac was a baller, it's just a shame that the fragile body of his did him in so quick

Tell TMAC to actually beat Dirk in a 7 game series.

TMAC choked off an 2-0 lead after winning the first two game on the damn road.

Durant at 23 broomed the defending champs off the floor.

TMAC at the peak of his power isn't as good as Kevin Durant is right now.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

COUGHwestbrookCOUGHhardenCOUGH

Originally Posted by quik1987

Mac had Yao though.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Mac had Yao though.

Yeah he had a Yao Ming who couldnt stay out of foul trouble or grab double digit rebounds. He averaged 31 MPG that series and was only able to pull down 7.7 rebounds. The next best player on that team after Yao was Sura/Wesley/Juwan Howard. Look at their bench......

Now compare that team to who Durant has (Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Perkins + valuable role players). I dont understand why you guys keep mentioning that he never won a playoff series when his teams were trash in every series except for 2007.

Replace T-Mac in his prime with Durant on this current OKC team and this team is far better.

TMAC and Penny are the the two most overrated players in NT history.

I would say Kobe but at least he has skins on the wall

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Mac had Yao though.

Yeah he had a Yao Ming who couldnt stay out of foul trouble or grab double digit rebounds. He averaged 31 MPG that series and was only able to pull down 7.7 rebounds. The next best player on that team after Yao was Sura/Wesley/Juwan Howard. Look at their bench......

Now compare that team to who Durant has (Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Perkins + valuable role players). I dont understand why you guys keep mentioning that he never won a playoff series when his teams were trash in every series except for 2007.

Replace T-Mac in his prime with Durant on this current OKC team and this team is far better.

Serious question, what does TMAC at his best do better than Kevin Durant right now? Maybe defense but every single offensive metric is in Durant's favor.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Mac had Yao though.

Serious question, what does TMAC at his best do better than Kevin Durant right now? Maybe defense but every single offensive metric is in Durant's favor.
Strength and athleticism? A little more versatile than just a scorer/slasher/shooter. Just little things, and a few little things Durant does better than T Mac used to do.

I don't think its crazy to say T Mac was in the same class as Durant. I can also see how people would try and discredit T Mac with his lack of winning, but if thats the case then *>Lebron, Russell>*, Horry>MJ>Kobe

TMac was a better defender

had better ball handling skills (less turnovers)

was a better facilitator (more assist)

Ohh that dreaded 05 series where then Rox won the first 2 games on the road and had a double digit lead in game 3. Yao was only in foul trouble for 2 games if I remember.

Not enough help for TMac though, too bad he wasnt great when the Rockets really needed it.

If we talking pure skills, KD isn't as nice as Mac was on the Magic.

In 'recent' times i'd say only Kobe, lebron and Wade have met or exceeded that level of play/production.

Back
Top Bottom