Happy 11th, NikeTalk.

Is the fitted really going to have that white contrast stitching or is that just part of the drawing
nerd.gif

Is the fitted really going to have that white contrast stitching or is that just part of the drawing
nerd.gif

It's always great to see Krvanch posting again.  Now we just need to track down Nikeville so we can have a NikeTalk Day 1 reunion.
didn't notice the underbrim.  ordering regardless but would it be hard to dye it black?
If you're not into the green underbrim you're probably better off sitting this one out.  We may do another color in the future.  A lot of people will be feeling the cap as is and given how limited they'll be I'd rather they go to those who will be 100% satisfied with them right off the bat. 
*(And, yes, we may have had a little something to do with it.)
I am intrigued. Are you able to elaborate, or no?
I'd prefer not to get into all of that - just know that the people we're currently partnered with on the tech/hosting front have really proven that they're in our corner and passionate about building the best tools possible for building and strengthening online communities.  The biggest upgrade we've made this year wasn't a technical one.  We're excited about working with new partners on the hosting/software side and on the ad side as well.  As an organization, we'll emerge from this year far stronger and we'll be working with superior talent.  In the months to come, I think you'll really see the difference.

Just need to know if they fit like Minor Leagues or reg 59/50s but I can't wait for more info. Just know I is happy
pimp.gif

Rajah should be able to answer those questions as the release approaches.  We'll be creating a topic dedicated to the new caps at some point, but I thought this was a good time to share the news with our most faithful members.  Once we have exact price point and release information, we'll go all out with the dedicated thread, twitter post, etc.  At that time, we should be better able to answer specific questions like that one. 

And MethodMan why are you apologizing about our site being outdated? We all still love this site very much and still come here everyday.
I have to look at the site not only as it is, but as it could be - and the difference between the two is, frankly, disappointing.  We were hit hard by technical problems over the past year and, because we give all our money away and don't exploit our fellow members, we weren't in a great position to react.  The upshot is that, by not moving, we should actually be in a better situation now that this change in ownership has occurred for Yuku.  It'll also allow us to make the necessary investments to our site in the most cost-effective way possible, so as to continue to maximize our donations.

I don't know whats more impressive: that you joined 12/09/99 or that you have less than 500 posts...
The original staff members actually joined before the site opened to the public to set everything up.  I wish we still had the first post, but I think I made that on the 10th when we opened the doors to the public.  Before that, we had to familiarize ourselves with the new system (a world away from the old fashioned message boards we'd been using) and finalize the layout and design. 

Hat looks good...any shirts?
Never say never.. but no new shirts are on the horizon at the moment.  If and when we do another shirt, we'd have to make a few changes to the process.  People don't realize just how much of a sacrifice it truly requires to oversee production and deal with the order fulfillment responsibilities alone.   Guys just don't have the time and it's hard to justify it when they don't sell at the rate needed to make it a viable charitable fundraiser.  We've just been breaking even.

IS THERE GOING TO BE A CONTEST FOR THE HAT??? I remember there was a contest for the shirts. And that turned out to be a great thread.
Those were a lot of fun, but we also had a lot more t-shirts at the time.  That gave us enough of a cushion where we could afford to give some away.  This time, we're looking at just 144 caps and I expect the margins to be extremely narrow so we can keep the price down.  (The more you produce, the lower the unit cost is and vice versa.)  If we were to give any away, it would basically have to come out of our own pockets. 

We'll see how quickly they sell and how many people still want one or would like another after the first run sells through and go from there.  I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a contest entirely, but I don't see it happening this time out. 

It's always great to see Krvanch posting again.  Now we just need to track down Nikeville so we can have a NikeTalk Day 1 reunion.
didn't notice the underbrim.  ordering regardless but would it be hard to dye it black?
If you're not into the green underbrim you're probably better off sitting this one out.  We may do another color in the future.  A lot of people will be feeling the cap as is and given how limited they'll be I'd rather they go to those who will be 100% satisfied with them right off the bat. 
*(And, yes, we may have had a little something to do with it.)
I am intrigued. Are you able to elaborate, or no?
I'd prefer not to get into all of that - just know that the people we're currently partnered with on the tech/hosting front have really proven that they're in our corner and passionate about building the best tools possible for building and strengthening online communities.  The biggest upgrade we've made this year wasn't a technical one.  We're excited about working with new partners on the hosting/software side and on the ad side as well.  As an organization, we'll emerge from this year far stronger and we'll be working with superior talent.  In the months to come, I think you'll really see the difference.

Just need to know if they fit like Minor Leagues or reg 59/50s but I can't wait for more info. Just know I is happy
pimp.gif

Rajah should be able to answer those questions as the release approaches.  We'll be creating a topic dedicated to the new caps at some point, but I thought this was a good time to share the news with our most faithful members.  Once we have exact price point and release information, we'll go all out with the dedicated thread, twitter post, etc.  At that time, we should be better able to answer specific questions like that one. 

And MethodMan why are you apologizing about our site being outdated? We all still love this site very much and still come here everyday.
I have to look at the site not only as it is, but as it could be - and the difference between the two is, frankly, disappointing.  We were hit hard by technical problems over the past year and, because we give all our money away and don't exploit our fellow members, we weren't in a great position to react.  The upshot is that, by not moving, we should actually be in a better situation now that this change in ownership has occurred for Yuku.  It'll also allow us to make the necessary investments to our site in the most cost-effective way possible, so as to continue to maximize our donations.

I don't know whats more impressive: that you joined 12/09/99 or that you have less than 500 posts...
The original staff members actually joined before the site opened to the public to set everything up.  I wish we still had the first post, but I think I made that on the 10th when we opened the doors to the public.  Before that, we had to familiarize ourselves with the new system (a world away from the old fashioned message boards we'd been using) and finalize the layout and design. 

Hat looks good...any shirts?
Never say never.. but no new shirts are on the horizon at the moment.  If and when we do another shirt, we'd have to make a few changes to the process.  People don't realize just how much of a sacrifice it truly requires to oversee production and deal with the order fulfillment responsibilities alone.   Guys just don't have the time and it's hard to justify it when they don't sell at the rate needed to make it a viable charitable fundraiser.  We've just been breaking even.

IS THERE GOING TO BE A CONTEST FOR THE HAT??? I remember there was a contest for the shirts. And that turned out to be a great thread.
Those were a lot of fun, but we also had a lot more t-shirts at the time.  That gave us enough of a cushion where we could afford to give some away.  This time, we're looking at just 144 caps and I expect the margins to be extremely narrow so we can keep the price down.  (The more you produce, the lower the unit cost is and vice versa.)  If we were to give any away, it would basically have to come out of our own pockets. 

We'll see how quickly they sell and how many people still want one or would like another after the first run sells through and go from there.  I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a contest entirely, but I don't see it happening this time out. 

been here 8 years now....

ain't never left....

even though I don't wear fitteds..believe that the NT fitted will be represented.

been here 8 years now....

ain't never left....

even though I don't wear fitteds..believe that the NT fitted will be represented.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Is there white contrast stitching on the fitted? That would be
30t6p3b.gif
Who do you think you're dealing with?  Jordan brand?  Of course it's black stitching. 

It's just colored that way on the design sheet so you can see the detail.  (The New Era logo won't be floating out in space on the final cap, either.)

Originally Posted by Method Man

Is there white contrast stitching on the fitted? That would be
30t6p3b.gif
Who do you think you're dealing with?  Jordan brand?  Of course it's black stitching. 

It's just colored that way on the design sheet so you can see the detail.  (The New Era logo won't be floating out in space on the final cap, either.)

Happy birthday NT. It's pretty crazy that NT's 11, and even crazier for me that I've been here for over half of that time, and almost 1/3 of my life. 
pimp.gif

Happy birthday NT. It's pretty crazy that NT's 11, and even crazier for me that I've been here for over half of that time, and almost 1/3 of my life. 
pimp.gif

Method Man wrote:

Oh yeah, and speaking of things people thought would never happen...

Let me introduce you to a little project I call "Satan's Ice Skates."

a4615d65a0befc26e99feccf87c3e25ae7034eb.gif

Currently in production, the official NikeTalk New Era 59 Fifty fitted cap will be sold exclusively by our friends at Cap City through ecapcity.com

For those wondering, we'll be using black cotton twill rather than wool for ethical and environmental reasons... and if you need to ask about the green underbrim then this product is not for you.  OG's already know. 

The first run will be limited to 144 caps, and you'd better believe that our staff members are looking to lock down a few for themselves, which means you're looking at less than a dozen caps per size. 

You can expect more details, and actual product photos, in about 3-4 weeks as soon as these come off the assembly line.  

Happy 11th NT
It will be 2 years for me on Sunday

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm gonna need two 7 3/4

Back
Top Bottom