Gyro Appreciation.

Never had one, want one and always see them on menus, but they only got beef and chicken ones here.

mediterranean/greek food is HANDS down the best food on the planet. its not even close

Last edited:
Damn I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread! Now where the F am I going to find a gyro at 3:55 in the morning!? >:

I love gyros so much that I almost ordered a few pounds of the sliced lamb from Amazon so I could make my own gyros whenever I wanted :lol:. The only place close to me that has gyros is the pizzeria down the street. There's a place 15 minutes away called Chicken Gyro that I can go to if I want to get something better.

One of my favorite take out/late night foods. Always get it with cheese and extra extra sauce. and mild sauce on your fries

I remember having one of these from a popular late night spot after the club. I smoked on the kush on the way home to make my appetite even stronger. Paranoia set in while eating and I felt like would die. All I could think of doing was to finish the gyro off. I didn't want to leave a half eaten sandwich besides my body.

I have always pronounced guy-ro, but my first girlfriend told me it was pronounced yee-roes

Naw, I'm good on these. After 3-4 bites I'm done.... Way too salty for my taste. I do like the cucumber sause though

d5ec50c4872211e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

legit lamb >falafel > fake lamb
if your lamb gyro spot isnt stacked like this with the legit seasoning your not doing it right.
43ce60563228014adc68dd8f181feaf6.jpg

+1
When I walk into a place and the meat is a single block like this I pull a Abe Simpson gif
View media item 139724 :x

Last edited:
It's hard to get one in the US now after having one in Santorini. Watching them shave down the lamb and carve it up....oh man - :smh:

Love Gyros almost as much as I love a Doner Kebab after a night of drinking. Now I'm in the mood for one today. Thanks.

doner is hard to come by tho.

THIS IS A PROBLEM.

I've always been a fan of gyro's but I got my first taste of Doner when I was looking for some drunk food wandering the streets of Florence, Italy. Doner is all over the place in Europe (not even just in Italy). Hell, even when I was in Tokyo last month walkin down the street I came across a Doner spot in Harajuku. Had to stop and get one even though I had just finished eating lunch about 20 minutes ago.

Why must I travel to the far reaches of the planet just to get some damn Doner?

I heard its readily available in America's hat (Canada), but why not stateside? Someone needs to setup a Doner shop in socal ASAP.

THIS IS A PROBLEM.
I've always been a fan of gyro's but I got my first taste of Doner when I was looking for some drunk food wandering the streets of Florence, Italy. Doner is all over the place in Europe (not even just in Italy). Hell, even when I was in Tokyo last month walkin down the street I came across a Doner spot in Harajuku. Had to stop and get one even though I had just finished eating lunch about 20 minutes ago.
Why must I travel to the far reaches of the planet just to get some damn Doner?
I heard its readily available in America's hat (Canada), but why not stateside? Someone needs to setup a Doner shop in socal ASAP.
lets open one up boss, I too was introduced to magical world of Doner's overseas and regular old us gyros got nothin on em, we could make some dough cranking these out.

Chicken doner, shawarma, lamb, falafel, souvlaki all appreciated. Living in a greek/middle eastern neighborhood I loved eating that stuff growing up.

Back
Top Bottom