Gyro Appreciation.

THIS IS A PROBLEM.

I've always been a fan of gyro's but I got my first taste of Doner when I was looking for some drunk food wandering the streets of Florence, Italy. Doner is all over the place in Europe (not even just in Italy). Hell, even when I was in Tokyo last month walkin down the street I came across a Doner spot in Harajuku. Had to stop and get one even though I had just finished eating lunch about 20 minutes ago.

Why must I travel to the far reaches of the planet just to get some damn Doner?

I heard its readily available in America's hat (Canada), but why not stateside? Someone needs to setup a Doner shop in socal ASAP.

lets open one up boss, I too was introduced to magical world of Doner's overseas and regular old us gyros got nothin on em, we could make some dough cranking these out.

hahahaha man i just know how to eat em, not make em. if you know a legit turkish dude who can whip some up, id definitely be open to the idea.

omg, a thread deticated to gyros... This is what we needed on NT :smokin . No sarcasm doe. I could really go for one right now...

aren't gyros/shawarma/doner all the same thing? gyros being the greek word, doner the turkish word and shawarma the arabic word? someone school me, i always thought they were all the same, more or less

I'm going to open a Greek restaurant in NYC called Ground Gyro. I'm sure it'll go over well.

I'm going to a different place to get one today. I have to find out what's the best place in my area so I can throw money at them

aren't gyros/shawarma/doner all the same thing? gyros being the greek word, doner the turkish word and shawarma the arabic word? someone school me, i always thought they were all the same, more or less

maybe? im not really sure myself.

although i feel that gyro is typically more of the ground meat formed into a single barrel log whereas doner or shwarma is more of the thin sliced meat stacked on top of one another to form that big log.

technically they are all the same thing, rotating meat on a stick. however shawarma differs from gyros in that it is actual layered pieces of meat, where as gyro meat is usually minced, processed and formed into a cone. imo sauce is the diff between a gyro/shawarma and doner. the doners i have had always had some kind of spicy red sauce that could be curry based.

i grew up in germany. had doner spots all over the place. had one right around the street too :pimp: some of the most delicious food out there.

I had a couple of lamb gyro's last week.  I might pick up another one after work tonight.  
smokin.gif

:lol: got damn, can't believe this thread is still going...

Gyros are no joke though (just cucumber sauce on the side for me though)...Word up...

Back
Top Bottom