GUITAR SCHOOL 101: Electric-Acoustic-Amps-Pics-Prices-ect.

try it out at guitar center and see if you like the sound compared to other ones. Brand dosent really matter in your case and Ibanez is pretty well knowncompared to other companies though they make good stuff esp for a beginner. see if they have any warranties though just in-case u get a crappy quality one.

i wish someone would just come and break my cod ... id love to learn to play the guitar or learn spanish ... i "obtained" every language of rosettastone as well as a complete guide to starter guitar with in depth one on one teaching techniques and i dont use the %+!* ... smh

Originally Posted by patsilog55

Originally Posted by G2345

currently rocking with a esp ax
pimp.gif
with the dunlop kirk hammett pedal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

niice what kind of esp?

ax 260
but i want to sell it and pick up a kh signature model
i would love to get my hands on the ouija board model

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

niice what kind of esp?

ax 260

yeah same here man the ouija board esp is so clean. emg pickups and everything

Originally Posted by conv3rge

try it out at guitar center and see if you like the sound compared to other ones. Brand dosent really matter in your case and Ibanez is pretty well known compared to other companies though they make good stuff esp for a beginner. see if they have any warranties though just in-case u get a crappy quality one.
Crank to answer your question, yes they do anywhere from 20-$50 more .... The hardest thing about finding a cheap lefty accoustic is there'susually no place to try them out before hand .... Heck your lucky if you walk into GC and find a stringed lefty accoustic of any type ..

patsilog55 wrote:

G2345 wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

niice what kind of esp?

ax 260

yeah same here man the ouija board esp is so clean. emg pickups and everything

Yea they have it on sale in a guitar shop for like 8 stacks
and that dracula guitar is insane
pimp.gif
as well as the lava lamp looking one

Originally Posted by Yoda

Wordy Dirts said:
Oh and Hip-hop & stringed intrustments aren't mutually exclusive.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JM Alife Session

Brown Sugar - D'angelo (Guitar jam)

I legitimately listen to the Alife sessions atleast once a week. The 93 'til Infinity cover is probably my 2nd favorite thing John Mayer has everdone.

Whats #1?

update: I said I was going to go acoustic but I scrapped that aloooong time ago, this sunday Im copping
148od3d.jpg

made in mexico -499$

and

2q1b7rn.jpg

99$

Heard this amp is really good to start, Im going to try and get a deal ,I heard guitar center employees get paid on commision
glasses.gif
so you can haggle

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

So how's the guitar coming along for you Crank?
crappy webcam pic, but I got my equipment on deck, took some searching to find a lefty though
pimp.gif

a9y2ac.jpg

Im practicing power chords and same basic BASIC riffs, emphasis on the basic
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I got an acoustic a week ago and have been trying to learn some basics--- learning chords, finger placement, etc. It will be a  good challenge. As of now I can play a little of "Untouchable" which seems like a good song for a beginner like myself.

i need an electric....so much softer than acoustic...

i only know power chords....anyone know a good place to learn jazz chords or variations or musical/chord theory for dummies....

the stuff i play has been sounding the same forever now...

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

i need an electric....so much softer than acoustic...

i only know power chords....anyone know a good place to learn jazz chords or variations or musical/chord theory for dummies....

the stuff i play has been sounding the same forever now...

try musictheory.net for some basic theory

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

crappy webcam pic, but I got my equipment on deck, took some searching to find a lefty though
pimp.gif

a9y2ac.jpg

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

That amp is gonna $*%@ out soon so pla t while you can.

6 months after having mines it messed up and I still gotta go trade it in for a new one 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

pimp.gif

a9y2ac.jpg

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

6 months after having mines it messed up and I still gotta go trade it in for a new one 
grin.gif
the amp is amazing, best bang for your buck, LOUD as hell for a 15watt, the cleans sound great, so many different variations and tones. for 95$ bucks you cant complain

Originally Posted by ErickM713

pimp.gif

a9y2ac.jpg

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

grin.gif
the amp is amazing, best bang for your buck, LOUD as hell for a 15watt, the cleans sound great, so many different variations and tones. for 95$ bucks you cant complain

It is,if you would'a shelled out $100 more for the 30 or 75 your mind would've been blown as for now

Tranzamp_G8.jpg

Amp is at least a foot high but really delivers sound and crunch 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

any1 wanna recommend some easy stuff to play, so many knobs on this dam amp I cant ever get a setting right

This guys my new favorite guitarist, Naudo Rodrigues from Brazil.  Not very known, but watch the video. Guy is insane!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

if you're just starting to learn, start off with something cheap and then once you learn some more, buy one that suits your taste and your style I started off with a cheap classical guitar learning chords and scales, then moved to an acoustic electric guitar with a cutaway

2gt6c5z.jpg

any1 wanna recommend some easy stuff to play, so many knobs on this dam amp I cant ever get a setting right
I recommend this song, really catchy and really easy to learn, it's what I'm trying to currently learn.

(what happened to the button that lets you embbed videos?)

Link to a site for chords ? I picked up my acoustic after just reading the title , i REALLY want to learn how to play .

Hello NT. I hope to receive a guitar soon, so I have a few questions:

1 - How hard is it to learn how to play?
2 - How much should I pay for a starter guitar?
3 - Acoustic or Electric? I honestly just wanna play electric, but should I start out acoustic and then go electric?
4 - Is it possible to play the electric guitar without that giant black box (the amp I believe)?
5 - Do I have to learn sheet music? Is it easier than it looks?

Any help is appreciated NT. I'm gonna learn how to play online instead of paying for a tutor, but I'm serious about learning to play.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Hello NT. I hope to receive a guitar soon, so I have a few questions:

1 - How hard is it to learn how to play?
2 - How much should I pay for a starter guitar?
3 - Acoustic or Electric? I honestly just wanna play electric, but should I start out acoustic and then go electric?
4 - Is it possible to play the electric guitar without that giant black box (the amp I believe)?
5 - Do I have to learn sheet music? Is it easier than it looks?

Any help is appreciated NT. I'm gonna learn how to play online instead of paying for a tutor, but I'm serious about learning to play.
I was in the same exact position as you a few months ago I knew JACK !%%+ (check the thread) Ill try and help you

1.I feel its really not that hard, had mine for 3 days and can play the whole nirvanas come as you are, the key is start simple, so many GOOD songs with simple chords!
2. If your serious serious like you said dont go cheap, look to spend $250-350 for a very well built guitar that will be well worth it, not some cheap one that goes out of tune every 10 minutes
3. This was the big question for me and I went electric, dont go for acoustic because people say its better to start on that....... if you have no interest in country or folk music going acoustic is useless your going to get bored and quit. Get the guitar for the type of music you wish to play
4. Nah you need a amplifier fam lol its what gives you sound, acoustics dont need one though
5. Google a song you like and looks for the "tabs", there it will tell you what finger to push on what chord, take 20 minutes to read up on it and you'll get it in no time
example
Code:
E|------------------------B|------------------------G|------------------------D|------------------------A|------------------------E|------------------------Thinest     |-------------2nd Thinest |-------------3rd Thinest |-------------3rd Thickest|-------------2nd Thickest|-------------Thickest    |-------------^ six strings on guitar, thickest from the top
Come As You Are by Nirvana:
Code:
E|------------------------------B|------------------------------G|------------------------------D|------------------------------A|--------0---0---------2-----2-E|0-0-1-2---2---2-2-1-0---0-0---^^^this is what a tab would look like, "0" means open pick that string without holding down anything, the number means pick and hold down that string on that number fretjust read here, you'll get it in no timehttp://www.ultimate-guita...guitar_tablature_ii.htmlI suggest you to keep reading and watching youtube instruction vids even without your guitar, so when you do get it you have an idea,noob helping another noob, good luck

Back
Top Bottom