GUITAR SCHOOL 101: Electric-Acoustic-Amps-Pics-Prices-ect.

Thanks Crank. I'm gonna go electric. I'll most likely get the guitar this Saturday. It'll be a birthday present for me (March 3), and I've been thinking about this for a while.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas
Thanks Crank. I'm gonna go electric. I'll most likely get the guitar this Saturday. It'll be a birthday present for me (March 3), and I've been thinking about this for a while.

anyone know where i can get a cheap acoustic? I really wanna learn how to play but I dont know if i can teach myself cuz i dont have any musical talent
frown.gif

Originally Posted by theone218

anyone know where i can get a cheap acoustic? I really wanna learn how to play but I dont know if i can teach myself cuz i dont have any musical talent
frown.gif

I'm gonna learn online. There's plenty of tutorials around the internet.

You might want to get a cheap tuner. Otherwise I'd say you're set if you're just starting out.

Don't forget to check out guitarjamz youtube channel and JustinSandercoe as well. Really good stuff.

Originally Posted by theone218

frown.gif
CraigsList. Very few people take lessons. Some of the greatest guitarists in history are self-taught. This one dude, Jimi, he never took lessons. Neither did Stevie Ray Vaughn. Eric Clapton can't even read music. Eddie Van Halen only took classical guitar as a kid, although his original instrument was drums, until he and his brother (Alex) decided to switch.

Bored today so took a few quick pics. Have been playing for a while. Each has it's own story. Pretty awesome hobby imo. Have a Wah pedal too that's at a friends place.

I broke the SG a little over a year ago. Still have all the original parts to it but I'd need a new neck if I want to get it running again. I'm working on it!

i just realized the russian muff is discontinued =[
gotta pick one or two up this week when the snow dies down

Fender is great and all but I feel like I NEED a humbucker pickup. Just no other tone like it. That's me personally. A humbucker is gonna give you deep, solid sound usually rock sound. All the sets you have linked are all 3 single-coil setups. I mostly play the tele in the pics above and the reason is because it's a louder, heavier sound. With a flick of your finger you can go "pretty" or whatever the word would be for a single coil seymour duncan pickup.

Just the same, you could snag a pedal and emulate the sound just fine as well. In my years of playing the pickups are what matters most in terms of the sound I'm putting out.

Teflan, a little heads up. eBay is a solid place for a steal or two but I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to break into the guitar game. There's this killer place called Musician's Friend that KILLS it. They have a buttload of stuff and some really great deals. Pretty decent customer service and pretty honest customer reviews on the site.

I did some quick shopping for you and found these

Rogue Starter pack - $100

Squier Start pack - $200

From the looks of the links, you're a lefty, so that will make this a bit harder. Not sure if you want to play lefty or teach yourself to play right-handed. either way, good luck dude. btw that turquoise axe is badddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Thanks for the help. That turquoise one was my first choice too
laugh.gif
. I'm looking to get a left hander.

^practice switching between all the major and minor open chords, slowly. Its all about muscle memory.

^practice switching between all the major and minor open chords, slowly. Its all about muscle memory.

Originally Posted by DocsBack

Fender is great and all but I feel like I NEED a humbucker pickup. Just no other tone like it. That's me personally. A humbucker is gonna give you deep, solid sound usually rock sound. All the sets you have linked are all 3 single-coil setups. I mostly play the tele in the pics above and the reason is because it's a louder, heavier sound. With a flick of your finger you can go "pretty" or whatever the word would be for a single coil seymour duncan pickup.

Just the same, you could snag a pedal and emulate the sound just fine as well. In my years of playing the pickups are what matters most in terms of the sound I'm putting out.
Word.

I'm still mad at myself for not buying a Les Paul. I ain't bout that playing with strats life. How much did you pay for that SG?
I'm also in the market for an acoustic since the sound of the strat is pretty boring and its keeping me away from learning them scales. Any recommendations? Price range 150-300

Back
Top Bottom