Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Idk how or why reviewers and nter's hyped up this trash
And :smh: if they let this gunn dude do cap
Let the Russo brothers do what they do

Nawghty I 101% feel you on this but I've been trying to keep my displeasure about this film on the low because a lot of people are enjoying this film. This film honestly sucked but marvel was able to create some type of weird hype to where people swear this film was something that it wasn't which is funny and action packed. I was just telling my boy the other day that I don't even remember an action scene in there :rolleyes Rocket cried more than he fired a gun, the comedy was just corny. A couple chuckles here and there but 85% of the jokes were so forced. But again we're in the minority. Only thing that saved this film were the visuals and Thanos was the best part of the film (I think everybody will agree with me on this without realizing that happened 40 mins into the film :rolleyes) and yes it was a smidgen better than IM3 I'm willing to get flamed on that opinion with you too but eh to each it's own

Guardians was real dope.

What happened to NT tastes? Folks on here think ASM2 is a "masterpiece" and this movie was alright?

:lol:

I won't start this again....but the chase scene with Aleksei Sytsevich in ASM2 had more action than all of guardians

Last edited:
IGN posted a video talking about how Thanos could be more 'scary.'  They basically said, Ronan told Thanos off with no consequence.  They compared Darth Vader to it, saying no one gave Vader any flack, if and when they did, he killed 'em no problem.  IGN talks about how even Vader had someone to take orders from, and when they found out the Emperor was coming, people got their **** together.  

I didn't watch the whole vid, but they said Thanos could learn a thing or two from Vader, Voldermort, Sauron (LoTR)

The movie would of ended better if Ronan was taken back to Thanos after his defeat, then Thanos taking his manhood :lol:

What even happened to Ronan at the end? They **** him with the gem magic and he died? I don't remember

Last edited:
IGN posted a video talking about how Thanos could be more 'scary.'  They basically said, Ronan told Thanos off with no consequence.  They compared Darth Vader to it, saying no one gave Vader any flack, if and when they did, he killed 'em no problem.  IGN talks about how even Vader had someone to take orders from, and when they found out the Emperor was coming, people got their **** together.  

I didn't watch the whole vid, but they said Thanos could learn a thing or two from Vader, Voldermort, Sauron (LoTR)

I thought thanos' attitude was dope. He wasn't concerned with a Kree who got one infinity gem and went power hungry. If he leaves that throne he's not taking one life...he's taking millions

The movie would of ended better if Ronan was taken back to Thanos after his defeat, then Thanos taking his manhood :lol:

What even happened to Ronan at the end? They **** him with the gem magic and he died? I don't remember

EXACTLY. The ending was the icing on a boo-boo cake. Dude was hell bent on avenging his race the whole film and died because of off beat dance moves and some bounty hunters holding hands :x

"You said it yourself *****, we're the guardians of the galaxy" :x :x :x I rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck on the side of my head for 10 mins

Last edited:

I had to find that video. Thought some of their arguments were weak
"Gamora had left but there were no consequences" - It was clearly established that he had no idea she left
"Nebula back talked him a little bit" - Seemed to me like Thanos WANTED a reaction out of her
"Ronan told him off" - Not sure which time they were talking about. When Ronan took the gem Thanos smirked. Didn't even seem like he was concerned. But it would have been better if Thanos if Ronan woke up to Thanos standing on top of him with a smile on his face.

If you mean when he broke Chthon's neck, when Thanos turned around Ronan didnt try that **** with him. Also Thanos wants death and so did Ronan.

Don't worry. The audience will never forget Thanos name when he takes out all the Avengers introduced through A2 without breaking a sweat.

View media item 1123274View media item 1123275
imagine if he really uses Dr. Stranges cape as a noose :wow:

Last edited:
i legit want to make a DIY project of making the Star-Lord mask from scratch

I'm sure the blueprints are posted on a cosplay forum somewhere

TheRPF guys are killing it over there but it'll run you a couple hundred dollars to get one built/completed. I'm still considering pulling the trigger on one, only because I love the design so much, but I wanna put all my focus on finishing my Boba Fett and Winter Soldier builds before Halloween :lol:

I was thinking of cosplaying as TWS for comic con or just being him for halloween. Hoping my hair grows a lot more before October. Buying all the gear he wears is expensive though. Need to find some kind of shiny silver arm sleeve and glove for his arm.

Saw it last night, was totally wrong about this movie. Really enjoyed it, this and planet of the apes were the best movies of the summer IMO. Captain America wasn't bad either.

Old conversation but a line I forgot to mention when talking about our favorite lines.

Rhoman Dhey: *Some rant about the Guardians being their only hope"
Rhoman Dhey: Also he says he's not a complete ****
Nova Prime: Do you believe that?
Rhoman Dhey: Well I'm not sure i believe anyone is a complete ****

Old conversation but a line I forgot to mention when talking about our favorite lines.

Rhoman Dhey: *Some rant about the Guardians being their only hope"
Rhoman Dhey: Also he says he's not a complete ****
Nova Prime: Do you believe that?
Rhoman Dhey: Well I'm not sure i believe anyone is a complete ****

*A few mins later*

Nova Corps Guy: Peter Quill,....for the record,I advised them against trusting you.
Peter Quill: They got my .... message!

Meh, one guy says tmnt was A+ the other says ASM2 was good. These reviews do not come as a surprise.
For me I'm just clearly seeing it as this wasn't an odd opinion. These are just odd dudes.

ASM2 is a masterpiece and yet this wasn't good :lol: :smh: :stoneface:

legit enjoyed this movie, watching it gave me back part of my soul. isn't really up there with Cap 2 or the Avengers but was a very light hearted movie left the theater smiling.

Top 5
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians of The Galaxy
5. Captain America: The First Avenger

Last edited:
Saw this movie based on NT / Internet hype, was thoroughly disappointed.

Movie wasn't that great, soundtrack DEFINITELY wasn't that great.

Winter Soldier remains as best Marvel movie this year so far.

Box Office Shell-Shock: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ With $65M Grabs Gauntlet Away From ‘Guardians’

Meanwhile, Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy — as reported last night — will bring in around $42M+ over its three-day dropping about 55% in its second weekend out but it’s still finding its audience. The fantastic opening for Turtles is a surprise blow to the mid-section for Guardians, though.

i guess TMNT was a superior movie compared to GOTG huh? :smh:

The toitles :smokin

And I still haven't seen the movie yet. Might support that box office gross tonight :nthat:

eyes.gif

Box Office Shell-Shock: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ With $65M Grabs Gauntlet Away From ‘Guardians’

Meanwhile, Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy — as reported last night — will bring in around $42M+ over its three-day dropping about 55% in its second weekend out but it’s still finding its audience. The fantastic opening for Turtles is a surprise blow to the mid-section for Guardians, though.

i guess TMNT was a superior movie compared to GOTG huh? :smh:
55% drop is way less than the average second week drop so far this summer. Most movies so far have been in the 61-63% range. Guardians continues to kill it. You'd expect that after a $94M opening weekend and the best non holiday Mon, Tues, and Wed, that the drop would be far bigger than that but it aint.

When WB/DC saw these numbers all those who chose to oppose Captain America's shield had to yield.

I mean people like Ninja Turtles. Shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

People love Michael Bay even tho the cinematic experience is the equivalent of banging on a bunch of pots and pans with a metal rod.

Vin Diesel is who I would want as Black Bolt tbt. It's not like BB is going to talk.
Yeah, on another site Black Bolt was thrown around. I know nothing about the Inhumans though. I need to branch out of my Spidey world. The more movies Marvel is dropping, the more I want to know about.

Back
Top Bottom