Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Crazy thing the type of characters DC has they can actually pull out more quality and darker films, just need the right casting and director.

Crazy thing the type of characters DC has they can actually pull out more quality and darker films, just need the right casting and director.
No one at DC/WB has the stones to greenlight anything but batman or superman.

They should've made that green arrow movie supermax, could've intro'd a ton of DC villains in it.

They should've made that green arrow movie supermax, could've intro'd a ton of DC villains in it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered Supermax, I was extremely excited for that one. Shame it was never/hasn't been made.

And I read from someone on Twitter saying that DC Films' problem is that they don't have anyone who has the stones to take charge and lead the universe. They're going about it blindly, unlike Joss Whedon and how he has the whole Marvel cinematic universe revolve around what he has going on with it.

Last edited:
I don't think Whedon is in charge of the whole Marvel cinematic universe, he just have the toughest job of melding it all together into one film. I believe Kevin Feige is still the one that is in charge of the whole universe and making sure all ties up to the Avengers film. I am sure Whedon has given his opinions and suggestions but I don't think it is really all up to him.

Story board for all films have been set though and Feige said it is up to 2020 iirc. So it is just interweaving it all together that is the hard part.

Marvel is just more competent and has more confidence in their products than DC/WB.

Last edited:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered Supermax, I was extremely excited for that one. Shame it was never/hasn't been made.

And I read from someone on Twitter saying that DC Films' problem is that they don't have anyone who has the stones to take charge and lead the universe. They're going about it blindly, unlike Joss Whedon and how he has the whole Marvel cinematic universe revolve around what he has going on with it.

I was so hyped for Supermax smh

This will be a cult favorite, dunno about mainstream.

I feel like the budget will be too big for it to just become cult status. This film is gonna be another hit from marvel and show that even marvels second tier heroes can have success in the box office....maybe we'll even get another Howard the duck movie

This will be a cult favorite, dunno about mainstream.

I feel like the budget will be too big for it to just become cult status. This film is gonna be another hit from marvel and show that even marvels second tier heroes can have success in the box office....maybe we'll even get another Howard the duck movie

What? Because no big budget film ever fails? Big budget guarantees a big hit now?

What? Because no big budget film ever fails? Big budget guarantees a big hit now?

What was the last film you saw with at least a $100 million budget that only had a cult following? Now ask yourself if it was a marvel movie...

What was the last film you saw with at least a $100 million budget that only had a cult following? Now ask yourself if it was a marvel movie...

This is the stupidest thing ever. :lol: Marvel slurping at its finest. Are you listening to yourself? I mean seriously?

I'll indulge you for a sec though.

Marvel only has a handful of films so far and this is the first time Marvel is extending themselves to some obscure characters, this is the biggest test Marvel has and it can be either a giant success or their biggest flop so far.

But you were sucking on the holy Marveltits of this film when it was announced and you are getting wet just hearing that Marvel is doing it so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your irrational thinking.

Last edited:
This is the stupidest thing ever. :lol: Marvel slurping at its finest. Are you listening to yourself? I mean seriously?

I'll indulge you for a sec though.

Marvel only has a handful of films so far and this is the first time Marvel is extending themselves to some obscure characters, this is the biggest test Marvel has and it can be either a giant success or their biggest flop so far.

But you were sucking on the holy Marveltits of this film when it was announced and you are getting wet just hearing that Marvel is doing it so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your irrational thinking.

Look all I'm saying is that this movie is more a less a preview to Avengers 2 and will be marketed as such. You think that if thanos gets 10 more seconds of screen time then he did in Avengers that this movie is still going to be cult status?

My definition of a "cult" hit might be different than the others but GotG could definitely turn out to be one.

I can see a lot of the mainstream crowd being "let down" by the final product even though everyone should know what to expect from it. They might be disappointed by the fact that it's not a full-on action superhero movie in the Iron Man tradition, or that no big names are even in it. Just because it's a Marvel movie.

So it's a different type of movie that not everyone loves, even if it's for stupid reasons = the generic definition of a "cult movie," at least compared to blockbusters like Iron Man that get the mainstream love

Look all I'm saying is that this movie is more a less a preview to Avengers 2 and will be marketed as such. You think that if thanos gets 10 more seconds of screen time then he did in Avengers that this movie is still going to be cult status?

First of all, that is not what you were saying. :lol:

Also, it is not a preview for A2. You know damn well know A2 will have Ultron as the villain, not Thanos. And no, it is not being marketed as such. Look at the interviews from Comic Con, the higher ups are saying you'll get the feel of things in Thor but it isn't til Captain America that you get where A2 is going. GotG is light years away from Captain America and again, A2 is about Ultron, not Thanos.

And what does Thanos have to do with it being a cult status film? Is it Thanos in Avengers that made that film a billion dollar film? So if they kept Thanos out of it, it would have been a cult film?

Just because GotG is the last film before A2 doesn't mean it'l tie in together, there isn't even any confirmation that any GotG character will play a part in A2, from interviews at SDCC, it actually does seem like they won't be at all.

Your logic just makes no sense. Even if it is Marvel spending hundreds of millions doesn't mean it'll be a blockbuster hit. And seriously, a 10second Thanos won't make this a cult film? :lol: There is a chance this film will still make big bucks, odds are in their favor that it will but your reasons are way out there and nothing but Marvel fanboyism.

Last edited:
GoTG will be a blockbuster hit - not a cult following. I see your point but people will likely go see the film due to the entertaining trailers along with the trust that Marvel has built up with its audience in the past 5 years.

Most of Marvel's films do well - not just because of the character recognition but more so because the fact that the films are just so damn enjoyable.

GoTG will do just as well because I have confidence the writing of the film will be top notch, and the actors will be funny and entertaining.

Most people aren't familiar with Thor and Hawkeye and Black Widow and Nick Fury - I'll give them that the Hulk and Captain America are famous enough - but certainly not Iron Man (before the films).

now everyone and their grandmothers can tell you that Thor is a God of Thunder and his brother Loki is the God of Mischief while Tony Stark is Iron Man and Jarvis is his funny British computer butler man.

Marvel writing - although not Oscar caliber - its entertaining enough to make people walk out of theaters feeling like they had a great time and in all honesty - its that trust in marvel that will make GoTG a Blockbuster hit.

Back
Top Bottom