Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

He said in a interview they put him on a crazy training regime that he loves because hes never been "fit" before. Guys like bale and jared leto are nuts tho. Tom hardy is great at it also.

But for the most part, pratt had basically a full year to get aesthetic for this role and its really not that hard man. Im sure having elite nutrionists and such helps tho

Id be down to do that since I have never been fit before. His "The Fighter" body has pretty much been my body for as long as I remember. Only ever been skinny. Im sure I would be 7ish lbs bigger if it werent for my ****** diet but once I get a decent job that will change as well. Still tho 7 lbs lighter and I am still underweight. Wish I was 180 give or take.

Dope like I expected.

Seems they're drifting away from Star Lord being a mass murderer though. Now they're calling him a thief. Outlaw? Sure. Thief? Not so much.

See how good Marvel's universe looks I just :smh: at spiderman and x-men. This shows Marvel doesn't really need them as movie properties yet though.
That's what's most impressive. When they started with Cap, IM, and Thor I was like good luck. Not only were they heroes I never cared for but the Avengers were boring and aint **** compared to the X-Men in comics and cartoons.

Then the IM movies actually make me like Iron Man. Warmed up to the rest as well. Never thought I'd love a Captain America movie and they made that happen. The quality is just so good. They somehow became the ones progressing this whole thing with limited resources as far as popularity goes and made it work well.

Last edited:
That extreme weight loss and gain is so dangerous though. I remember Tom Hanks said he was in danger of developing diabetes when he did Castaway.

A few years ago Pratt used to rock a beer belly on Parks and Rec. Then he got shredded for Zero Dark Thirty.

Leto actually got gout from gaining weight in one of his roles.

It's definitely much, much easier with a nutritionist and a trainer though.

Last edited:
ronan.gif

ronan-nebula.gif

View media item 979278View media item 979279View media item 979280
groot-spores.gif

View media item 979281
i-am-groot.gif

rocket-crotch.gif

guardians.gif

New trailer is even better than the first one!
Movie's gonna be great, and prolly become people's favorite Marvel movie to date.

I wonder if there will be any mention or cameo of Richard Rider/Nova..

:wow:

:x

8)

This trailer makes me feel like I did when I went to see Return of the Jedi when I was a kid. Marvel has a chance to really take their movies to an entirely new level if this does well in the box office. :nthat:

To see a larger scale... a galactic scale of the Marvel universe is dope. I feel like this and The Winter Soldier are showing how they have listened to fan feedback and cut the kiddie **** to some degree.

^^So you're saying Marvel reads the message boards and instead of sending lawyers to shut stuff down they actually listen to the fans and make the appropriate changes?!!?

I didn't think big companies did that.

^^So you're saying Marvel reads the message boards and instead of sending lawyers to shut stuff down they actually listen to the fans and make the appropriate changes?!!?

I didn't think big companies did that.

Ruining my childhood.. Never thought I would see the day that I don't go and watch a wolverine movie.. And I still can't bring myself to watch the wolverine

Of course I only saw the bootleg version of origins..

Dude was hands down my favorite hero growing up

^ wolverine in the classic yellow suit will always be my fav hero man but i hate live action wolverine by fox. But starlord is my new favorite for now. Badass

I'm going wait to hear what people have to say about days of future past before I consider seeing it..

I read the synopsis on Wikipedia.. And that seemed to have some pretty big flaws..sooooooo

Last edited:
this might be marvels first bomb in cinematic universe trailers effects are dope but it just seems off to me its like what dc did with jonah hex why now so many other properties u could touch like black panther or an iron fist/luke cage movie.... i really hope im wrong tho.....BLACK PANTHER....

this might be marvels first bomb in cinematic universe trailers effects are dope but it just seems off to me its like what dc did with jonah hex why now so many other properties u could touch like black panther or an iron fist/luke cage movie.... i really hope im wrong tho.....BLACK PANTHER....

Doubt it. Its doing atleast $400 mill which is a success for this type of movie that literally came outta nowhere and new. Iron man 1 did $500 mill i expect this too do that honestly.

Ruining my childhood.. Never thought I would see the day that I don't go and watch a wolverine movie.. And I still can't bring myself to watch the wolverine

Of course I only saw the bootleg version of origins..

Dude was hands down my favorite hero growing up

Same. If I went back to the past and told my younger self that I would hate the X-Men movies and countdown the time until the next Avengers movie younger me wouldn't believe it

Last edited:

Definitely not. Marvels worldwide opening weekend audience is 150-200M. Lets just say 150. that 1/3 of the way a hit right now. It will make at least $400M. I'm optimistic tho. I will stick to my original projection of at least $600M

No chance it bombs.

Marvel is a marketing machine. Took something obscure that moviegoers could look over and offset that with a magnetic cast, offbeat trailer (for a superhero movie), and put the trailers on Kimmel & Facebook.

Seems like a lot of people are anticipating it. Far from Jonah Hex territory.

Last edited:

Marvel is already doing Iron Fist and Luck Cage shows on Netflix

I think Jonah Hex's biggest probably is being a western, westerns do terrible nowadays

Marvel is already doing Iron Fist and Luck Cage shows on Netflix

I think Jonah Hex's biggest probably is being a western, westerns do terrible nowadays

Just looked up jonah hex..never even heard of it and wow. 47 mill budget, made only like 11 million lmao. The cast alone should have made it break even

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom