[| -- (GTA) We better not go on a Garbage Strike next week! (Vol. No repeat of 2002) -- |]

DYNAMICS

formerly diplomat tdot
smh.gif

Dude, its EVERYONE not just garbage - even though rubbish will be everywhere. The city will be the armpit of Ontario. Why can't they do this during thewinter?

^ No...I think that's a whole separate Union. Who knows though, they my strike in 'support'
laugh.gif

But man, its everyone. Golf courses (city run), garbage, parks/works, city engineers, social services, child care, city pools etc etc.

Basically everything but cops and fire. I think ambulatory services are effected.

Nah, my boy works at the Beer Store, he said LCBO is gonna be effected. Beer store stays open, but beers that are imported by the LCBO (most imports), willeither be short in supply, or sold out.

Time to stock up on Guinness...

Originally Posted by 5tan

Nah, my boy works at the Beer Store, he said LCBO is gonna be effected. Beer store stays open, but beers that are imported by the LCBO (most imports), will either be short in supply, or sold out.

Time to stock up on Guinness...
oh ok thanks for the info. i guess i'm straight
pimp.gif

I think they're separate issues. I don't think the Unions are the same. It looks like they've both hit contract talks at the sametime...coincidence. Like, how can an LCBO in London be affected by what goes on in Toronto? I live in Durham, and we're getting our garbage picked up.

Toronto NT garbage summit @ c0nf0cal's place next week..... pending strike.

hahahahah you're kidding right? Booze an essential service? Essential services are things like ambulances and firefighters and cops. Booze and overpriced'vintage wine' SHOULD be essential though.

Yeah, garbage summit at my townhouse. Bring Your Own Bag.

^ oh my bad.

Just heard if the LCBO strikes, you will still be able to buy booze. No need to stock the shelves.

roll.gif
Thank God we moved to a apartment I remember when we were in our houseduring the '02 one what a mess
smh.gif
but atleast now I'm 10 floors above the smell

Oh...there will be a strike, you can guarantee it. The city is pooooooor, and the peeps want more money.

We're screwed.

I don't think a deal will be made by tomorrow morning.

From what I remember in '02 Downtown is where it's really going to smell bad.

Strike means no city golf courses. And with the weather this week..... I think I'll go on a murderous rampage...

Back
Top Bottom