GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Wow Deeds....awesome post.
I'm about done though, these dudes want to keep sipping the same koolaid thats been fed to them for years by people that only want to take advantage of them.

I guess its more important to feel like you have a "plug" or hookup than it is to actually get what you are paying for.

It won't be long before one of them comes in and claims his plugs shoes are the same as footlockers.  The blind leading the blind.

You said "stop lying to yourself", I guess meaning you think I'm trying to convince myself of something.
That is not the case.

I'm not sure what the point was of showing me those pictures. I'm aware some of the shoes come without boxes, etc etc etc.

I'm aware

This guy attempts to explain how the shoes end up with differences, even though they are manufactured by the same plant for the same release, during similar time periods. This might explain how one set of shoes would have a 3week beginning to end production date, when normal times are longer, why CF differs on units from a certain year or release, clear vs solid toe caps, etc. Some of the shoes are built for NIKE, but are declined or don't meet the criteria they are looking for.

What he's saying may be true, but those would be backdoor shoes that only account for a very, very small portion of the shoes in question. While GMs are made with many of the same materials, they are not made in the same facilities or with the same construction methods.

I'm about done though, these dudes want to keep sipping the same koolaid thats been fed to them for years by people that only want to take advantage of them.

I guess its more important to feel like you have a "plug" or hookup than it is to actually get what you are paying for.

It won't be long before one of them comes in and claims his plugs shoes are the same as footlockers.  The blind leading the blind.
Yeah but I'm sure you'll be around when the sport blue 6's drop. And we get to laugh at all of the baby blue painted 6's versus the real color that's coming out.

If those shoes in the bags, are like you said and bought by "some guy in China who goes to a counterfeit production factory and buys the shoes".

Those wouldn't be the shoe that's termed "GM" then would they.
They'd be straight up bootlegs, right?

You said "stop lying to yourself", I guess meaning you think I'm trying to convince myself of something.
That is not the case.

I'm not sure what the point was of showing me those pictures. I'm aware some of the shoes come without boxes, etc etc etc.

I'm aware
All of the shoes come like that, not some.

The boxes are assembled by the third party that is selling you the shoes.

You had a post above about a scenario where some shoes have different production dates, its all justifications for fakes.

The scenario doesn't exist and is all smoke and mirrors to get you to buy into the cover story of those that sell these shoes.

I also have a oceanside home in idaho for sale if your interested

If those shoes in the bags, are like you said and bought by "some guy in China who goes to a counterfeit production factory and buys the shoes".

GM's = fake, bootleg, super perfect :lol:, whatever people want to call them.

Fake is fakes is fake

I think the issue here, or where the confusion comes in is, everyone has their own definition of what "GM" is, and it whether it differs from a fake or generic, or unauthorized or what have you.

I've made ZERO claims to know which is which, but I will say this, I'm no closer to understanding the difference, if there are differences in the terms.

You say "blind leading the blind", but the sneaker heads in this thread don't even agree on what is meant by GM OR FAKE, so there lies the problem.

That is not the case.

I'm aware

the shoes are fake

and the boxes those fake shoes come in, they are fake too.

buy from any GM seller, the boxes are fake.

how you gon have shoes have nike that dont look like the real thing an the box aint real?

fake shoe+fake box=real shoes from nike?

is that what you guys are saying?

Those bagged shoes are GMs, not the crappy obvious replicas but the supposed high quality fakes.

I don't know what other evidence you need to be shown.

I had intended on grabbing the nightshade 11 lows and concord 11 lows from someone to do a comparison to show you guys that while they might be "good enough" copies for some they are never the same as retail but I've lost interest because you guys don't want to be educated.

You guys seem to just want someone to pat you on the back and say go ahead and buy those fakes.

To those people

Fake = I can tell right away they are fake

GM= I had to look at it a little more closely to see they are fake

To those people

Fake = I can tell right away they are fake

GM= I had to look at it a little more closely to see they are fake
Exactly, the term "grey market" in my opinion is for shoes that are harder to decipher if fake or not in pictures but I assure you once you get them in hand its painfully obvious and almost laughable once you have them side by side with the authentic pair.

naw the term GM started when people thought these were coming from nike just illegally through the back door. THATS NOT THE CASE THO!!

these arent from nike, they arent made by nike, they have no way shape or form have any affiliation with nike. the shoes are fake. If you dont think they are then you know nothing about shoes.

none of the boxes are legit. dont ask me how i know
laugh.gif
I know the boxes are fake. There are always subtle differences. But for me, the shoebox has always been sort of a mystery to me. So...tell me what you know about the shoebox game. 

And what's with the see thru black paper we are used to seeing? Why don't they make it better when it's such a blaring difference?

Me DEEDS, dude, this is where you're wrong though, and I don't know what else to tell you, I'm not trying to as you say "buy into a cover story" from anyone. I've no interest in buying fake shoes GM or whatever you want to call it so that I can do whatever you think it is, wear them, save money, whatever you think my reason is.

I can tell you a thousand times my reason, and it will go over like it did the first time I said it, in one of your ears and out the other.

If a kid takes an elective class in HS for let's say Spanish, are you going to assume he wants to learn Spanish so can move to a Mexico and be a Mexican, no you wouldn't.

So when I tell you my interest in this thread period, has nothing to do with my want to wear or promote fakes, try and accept that.
It may be hard to accept some things In life, accepting what I'm telling you as truth in my reasoning shouldn't be one of those things that's hard to accept, ok

Last edited:
none of the boxes are legit. dont ask me how i know :lol:
I know the boxes are fake. There are always subtle differences. But for me, the shoebox has always been sort of a mystery to me. So...tell me what you know about the shoebox game. 

And what's with the see thru black paper we are used to seeing? Why don't they make it better when it's such a blaring difference?

not sure what there is to tell you

this is for everyone to know, if they were from nike then how come the boxes are straight up fake?

Grey Market = Counterfeit = Fake

The term Grey Market applies to much more than just sneakers. It's an epidemic for all companies using manufacturers in China due to their virtually non existent copyright laws. What separates a Grey Market product from a flea market fake or bootleg is that materials are sourced from the same manufacturer as the originals.

Last edited:
I think I get it A-friend. You're beginning to learn a lot about this industry which myself and Deeds already have nailed down. You play devil's advocate accidentally sometimes and that can be misconstrued as advocating GMs. 

In the end I think you're slowly beginning to see the light and the truth about GMs. 

I will add this. We, the experts, also misuse the term GM. But we are knowingly doing it. It's just easier to use that term, and helps decipher between straight up swap meet lookin sponge bob replicas that cost 80 bucks, and these "very close replica's" we are seeing.

When we use the term GM, we don't actually mean GM. Zyzz is right...GM started when a few pairs would leak out the back door. We now have crossed that term over into a more broad usage, while admittedly incorrect. They are just high quality fakes. We use the term grey market in reference to these high quality fakes that end up on sites like Mental Kicks, Marqueesole, etc. But in actuality...they are indeed, fakes.

I will not deny that there is a possibility that these bootleggers are able to get their hands on materials that are identical, or very close to the real thing. Other times, they get materials that are obviously very far off from the real thing. They slap all that crap together, and you get your "shoe".

Also....why do they always overstuff the collars? What's up with that? Widow's peaks I understand. It's a cost and time issue. It's cheaper to cut the leather crappy, and not fix it at all either. But why are they overstuffing the collars? I don't see how that's saving them any money.

Only thing I can think of is: Instead of taking the time to mold the akle area nicely, with proper indentations and shaping for the balls on either side of the ankle, and the cut out for the achilles; they just instead overstuff the collars to help mask their lack of effort in shaping the area properly on the inside between the sockliner and the upper.

Thoughts on this? I've never understood the super puffy collar situation. 

Back
Top Bottom