GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Hey everyone. First off, thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread! So much valuable information for those planning to pursue a Master's degree such as myself :smile:

One question for those who have been accepted to a graduate program....how did you guys handle your letters of recommendations? I've been out of school for 3 years and like a dummy, I never thought about asking for letters or even keeping in touch with my professors. This is one of the main things stopping me from applying to grad school. I think some Cal State University's don't require letters of rec but I really want to apply to big univeristy. Anyone have any tips on what I could do?

Hey whats up.
Not in the same boat as you, but I applied for the masters program as soon as I was able to (SJSU: Sociology). I lucked into it because a couple of professors liked my work and was able to get a couple recommendations without any resistance.

I asked a couple of professors who i've had previous classes with and they offered to write me one (I never followed up/chose other professors who had more tenure).

Honestly you should ask previous professors who you've had before and recieved fairly decent grades in as well if you have any saved previous work from their classes to show them just in case they can't remember you.

I have a friend who went to UCD, graduated with a BA in Psychology, worked immediately for 2 years afterwards, and applied for the the Pyschology MA at CSEB and got in, by contacting old professors and "refreshing" their memory of who you are.

Managers or supervisors from your previous work, who have higher educational degrees, cna also vouch for you, but are usuall far an inbetween.

Last edited:
I have a random question for applicants: what if you don't have years of full time experience? I have years of part time on paper (full time hours) and hustling experience though...

lol 2 year thread. kids n their education lol. at the end of the day, its money. ur mba is useless if u have debt. get it?

It's not useless if it provides you with an accelerated path to achieve your career goals, an opportunity to gain a lifelong network of valuable connections, and a chance to maximize what you can get out of your career. In today's volatile economy you need every differentiator you can get. Yes, you'll be in debt, but if you work your butt off and can get a nice job after graduating where you can be in the position that you want to be in, it more than pays for itself.

Last edited:
The best investment is one in yourself. Period. If you come out earning less than 130k in your first year after school, you did something wrong. If you didn't get a dollar of scholarship money, you did another thing wrong. If you can't budget 1k a month on those earnings, sell your Jordans.

The best investment is one in yourself. Period. If you come out earning less than 130k in your first year after school, you did something wrong. If you didn't get a dollar of scholarship money, you did another thing wrong. If you can't budget 1k a month on those earnings, sell your Jordans.
I mean this is pretty outlandish don't you think? A lot of variables go into an MBA's worth (location, major, the school you attended, etc).

Shoutout to me for having a full ride to school tho

i'm not sure if you're trolling....:smh: :stoneface:

Education is definitely important, but so are financial health. It makes no sense to go to grad school if you cant even find a job in your field, let a lone a field of interest. Getting your MBA makes sense if it elevates you. Obviously in this day and age, it no linger gives you that edge, just that debt.

i read too much about kids hiding behind mom and dad, buying audis and second hand bmws and trynna act like some fake celeb. kids too busy posting on youtube and watching the Vine. then they sit and complain online while they waste their time.

any education is good, but theres a lot more in this day and age than most seem to realize. most kids are lazy and spoiled to evolve and think. you dont go to.school and expect you can find a job. it takes more than that.

i read too much about kids hiding behind mom and dad, buying audis and second hand bmws and trynna act like some fake celeb. kids too busy posting on youtube and watching the Vine. then they sit and complain online while they waste their time.

any education is good, but theres a lot more in this day and age than most seem to realize. most kids are lazy and spoiled to evolve and think. you dont go to.school and expect you can find a job. it takes more than that.
So many youngin these days that drive Benz, Audi, or BMWs but still live the rents or have 3 roommates. 
mean.gif

This generation gonna be dead broke in their 40's with all the stuntin on IG these days and trying to one up one another....

Thinking about getting my MA in Human Resource Development. I'm enrolled to start in the fall but don't know for sure if it want I want to do. So bros I'm asking do you think there is a legit career path where I can make a good living?

Damb bro... You know better than that.

You went into abauoer lucrative field but not everyone is that fortunate/wants to go that way.

So many youngin these days that drive Benz, Audi, or BMWs but still live the rents or have 3 roommates. :smh:

This generation gonna be dead broke in their 40's with all the stuntin on IG these days and trying to one up one another....
lolwut.

I'm guessing he's saying that because people want to go to grad school and make more money?

If not, please explain bro because it looks like you posted in the wrong thread.

Graduate school is for people who know what they want to do in their careers, or at least have a general idea, and use it to take themselves to the next level. It's easy to see those who have actually gone through the application process, or have thought about it, and know what going to graduate school actually means, and those who are trolling...8)

Now, undergrad, I see where you're coming from at least. There are people who think that once you graduate you'll be set, but the reality is (as I learned myself after graduating from undergrad, having to grind it out to get my first full-time engineering job) you have to work twice as hard for everything you want moving forward.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom