GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Finishing my Master's in Physics this Summer. All I'm doing is writing thesis and helping out with research all Summer long and then present on August. Then I'm out.

HOW THE FFF do you guys stay motivated to write a boring as thesis. Kill me.

Finishing my Master's in Physics this Summer. All I'm doing is writing thesis and helping out with research all Summer long and then present on August. Then I'm out.

HOW THE FFF do you guys stay motivated to write a boring as thesis. Kill me.

What will you do upon graduation?

And is the PhD in your future?

Anybody got any L.O.R's either you wrote or that were written about you you want to share? I am having writer's block.

Finally up in this ***, not just thinking about doing it but done it. I mean got in lol, still have 20 months to graduation but got my @sandiego.edu email address, enrolled in my classes and everything. Going to buy a desk and set up a dedicated area this weekend.

So, I'm dropping out of Hopkins lol just way too expensive classes went from $3710 to $3880 in less than a year. Probably will cost close to 50K to complete the program.

It wouldn't be an issue if Hopkins allows deferred payments for company tuition reimbursement, but they don't.

Going to apply to Georgia Techs online MS in Computer Science only $811 per class 10 classes for degree completion
nthat.gif

Ranked in the top 10 for CS grad programs.

Superb you was the one gettinf your MPH right? How is that going? I was too, originally was thinking Grambling because I was all proHBCU but I had a hard time figuring out what job do I get and whst do I do with an MPH. So I went with Informatics and University of San Diego. They're not top 50 but top 100 (89) out of 5,000 schools is still 2%.

It's all online, switched to Healthcare Informatics. Price is about $27,000 and program length is 18 or 20 months.

First semester's books only going to run me bout $100

Still debating what program I want to choose but yeah MPH was one of them.

Nice dude good luck on your journey 
smokin.gif

Happy to talk to anyone about JD/MBA at a T-10 school, or just it in general. Going into my first year on the bschool side after 2 in law already.

Happy to talk to anyone about JD/MBA at a T-10 school, or just it in general. Going into my first year on the bschool side after 2 in law already.

Why did you do it? What are you thinking about doing afterwards? What were you doing before?

From what I've gathered an MPH isn't gonna do you any good for the most part unless you're going into research or just stacking a degree to look better for med school. I'd avoid at all costs. Still trying to figure out what I wanna go back for, health informatics was an options but I'm still confused on the actual demand for the job. May might the bullet & just go back for my BSN

Superb you was the one gettinf your MPH right? How is that going? I was too, originally was thinking Grambling because I was all proHBCU but I had a hard time figuring out what job do I get and whst do I do with an MPH. So I went with Informatics and University of San Diego. They're not top 50 but top 100 (89) out of 5,000 schools is still 2%.

It's all online, switched to Healthcare Informatics. Price is about $27,000 and program length is 18 or 20 months.

First semester's books only going to run me bout $100
That total cost is not bad for healthcare informatics. I myself want to start grad school for spring semester (in state NYC)or sometime in the fall at an online program but I want to study nursing informatics. Finding a program is a little difficult though. Recently a friend of mine told me about asking for advice on an all nursing forum so I think i am going to do that.

congrats on getting into a program and good luck with your degree datznasty datznasty

Last edited:
Bruh the demand is there. You become a C.H.I.O and it's easy 6 figures. Even regular Health Information Officers in fact, check indeed or even usajobs and the location you think you'd move to.

Adelphi in Garden City, NY has an online MS. You can just go to the site or I'll give you the info to the guy I was working with, at least make sure to ask Steven for the free application code and save on the application. Rutgers is of course NJ but they had a highly ranked program too. I applied but USD accepted me first and my friends never submitted my recommedation worksheets after that. I still kind of want to know if I would have gotten accepted.

I know nursing informatics, health informatics, and biomedical informatics are all slightly different (although still not sure how) but here's some resources

https://www.amia.org/ somewhere on here you can search for programs accredited by them but it needs updating

http://nursejournal.org/nursing-informatics/online-msn-in-health-informatics/

http://www.nursingschoolhub.com/top-10-nursing-informatics-degree-programs/

http://www.bestcollegereviews.org/top/online-masters-in-healthcare-informatics-degree-programs/

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-nursing-schools/nursing-informatics-rankings

http://www.bestvalueschools.com/cheap/online/masters-health-informatics-degree-programs/

http://www.thebestschools.org/rankings/best-online-masters-healthcare-informatics-degree-programs/

Good looking Datz. I'll check them out. Congrats on getting into your program I know you'd been trying for a min. Get in there & flourish fam

What did u do premba? What are your plans after? Why did you choose BU? Why bschool now? Any schollys? How did you do in ur gmat? Im applying r2 this year?
I did Econ and Politcs in Undergrad. I chose BC because of the city, and Reputation. I have some scholarships, but will be paying about 60% out of pocket. I did well on my GRE (160 V, 154Q) did not take the gmat, and did not have an impressive GPA, most schools will convert your score in my experience. I will say that I got into most of my "reach" schools, let the school reject you, don't reject yourself. I applied to around 6 schools, BC was not the best academically but I feel like it was the best combination.

To me the biggest decision was the time span, I was leaning towards an accelerated program, but decided I could do longer. The second decision was location, I wanted to be in a top 10 Market, and being in Finance...East > West. I would be happy to help with any questions you have.

After graduation, I would like to delve into logistics and analytics. The efficiency of companies and how to improve production/reduce cost etc...

Last edited:
^
Just did my first assignment, kind of. It's for an orientation "class" that is required but you get no academic credit for it. She said it should take under 4 hrs total though so it makes no sense. It's more just introducing you to the online format, USD, and Blackboard.

Kind of intimated being the least experienced one in my class so far. Since it's linear, 1 7 week class at a time straight into the next, I'll generally be with the same classmates all the way through unless someone needs to take a break 1 semester. Everyone else, you can tell by the required forum posts, is already in the industry and seemingly well established and making bank, and I'm the only newb.

Back
Top Bottom