GQ: The Dirtiest Player (Marvin Harrison) LONG READ

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Marvin is a G and forever my dude... From article it sounds like this pops dude was just jealous and looking for attention... he had it coming regardless...

Why do you guys stick up for this kind of nonsense though? Like, these are dangerous dudes who just promote violence in the streets. Why is he your dude forthat kind of behavior?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Marvin is a G and forever my dude... From article it sounds like this pops dude was just jealous and looking for attention... he had it coming regardless...

Why do you guys stick up for this kind of nonsense though? Like, these are dangerous dudes who just promote violence in the streets. Why is he your dude for that kind of behavior?
tired.gif

This is the point I have been trying to make. These fools in here saying he deserved it and all that $+#@, it still doesn't take away from the fact thatwhoever did it(Harrison) did something wrong. That is like saying some dude stepped on my shoes at a crowded party, so I beat his %!@. Its freakinrediculous. I am not getting fired up about the article, I am just wondering what the hell is up with you dudes who are thinking it was justified and sayingthe dude got what was coming to him, like that justifies what Marvin did was right so he should be looked up to as someone that did something good. Get thehell outta here with that $+#@. Assuming everything in the article was true, Marvin was the one acting out of line.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Article is so biased against Marvin Harrison. Anyway, I'm not saying he's not guilty. But that fat Pops dude had some guts challenging Marvin right at his property.

I say dude deserved to get jacked.
I can somewhat agree with that. I think Marvin did it though. Pop most likely pushed his buttons too far, plus you should NEVER DARE SOMEONE TO SHOOT YOU!

This.
Let me get this straight....Marvin refuses to let dude in his sports bar, dude gets mad and a fight breaks out. Not only does Pops not get in thesports bar, but he gets a mud hole stomped in him by a man half his size. Pops gets on his cell phone, drives his car in reverse towards Marvin Harrison.Marvin pulls out a gun and starts shooting @ a man who was driving a car towards him and who possibly had a weapon...and everyone says Marvin should be inprison? Sounds like self defense to me.

^ I could def see it that way..

This situation was on some real street $%!+

If I were Marv I would plead self defense if/when this goes to trial

Why do you guys stick up for this kind of nonsense though? Like, these are dangerous dudes who just promote violence in the streets. Why is he your dude for that kind of behavior?
tired.gif
How does Marvin Harrison promote violence in the streets? Everything we know about him regardless of this isolated incident, indicates other wise.

I don't understand why he didn't just cop to it from the get-go and claim self-defense. Surely the DA, etc. would have taken his word over this dude,whether it was true or not.

tired.gif
marvin-harrison-111108.jpg

"Why is he my friend, because he knows my first name? Pops sold dope to kids. The world is a better place without him. This man was the biggest majorviolator in Philadelphia. This is the game. I'm playing his %+*. That's my job. That's your job. I watched that %**%+!#%#$ operate with impunityfor over 10 years, and now I got him. The !*$@'s chess, it ain't checkers!"

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

I don't understand why he didn't just cop to it from the get-go and claim self-defense. Surely the DA, etc. would have taken his word over this dude, whether it was true or not.
this
but dude finished the job. and the part where the tape went blank for 3mins
nerd.gif

marvin after the shooting, no celebration or nothing, just handed the gun to the ref. straight professional
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

tired.gif
How does Marvin Harrison promote violence in the streets? Everything we know about him regardless of this isolated incident, indicates other wise.

If you read the article, the real fact is that nobody knows Marvin. Not even teammates that have played with him for years. So let's not act likehe's an angel just because you don't be hearing +*!@ about him. Consider the family he comes from, the fact that he's not trying to escape theplaces he came from in spite of those issues, and now this altercation where shots were obviously fired from his gun yet he can't explain how.

You guys are looking for reasons to protect a player you like in your own minds - I have nothing against the guy personally, and perhaps there's a greatexplanation for how this all went down. But until he comes clean about such a situation, we're left to believe he tried to gun down a dude in the street.

And how does he promote violence? Um - how about the quote I pulled? He has lame dudes on here idolizing him that he's a "g" for shooting atguys, like that's something to be proud of.

Whether or not, Mavin Harrison shot and killed the guy or not, it does make you wonder about our justice system in America....

Plaxico Burress brings a loaded handgun to a strip club, and shoots himself in the leg accidentally, and gets locked behind bars a few years...

Marvin Harrison's name gets thrown out there in a shooting incident early last year, and the "victim" goes on tv and snitches about Harrison andthe whole incident...

A few months later, the same man gets approached while he's in his vehicle, fitting the description of Marvin, and gets shot up and killed. All of thecameras in the area were deemed inconclusive for an identity....like an instant replay challenge the refs can't overturn due to inconclusive visualevidence.
laugh.gif

Marvin playing the system like the NFL..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

tired.gif

If you read the article, the real fact is that nobody knows Marvin. Not even teammates that have played with him for years. So let's not act like he's an angel just because you don't be hearing +*!@ about him. Consider the family he comes from, the fact that he's not trying to escape the places he came from in spite of those issues, and now this altercation where shots were obviously fired from his gun yet he can't explain how.

You guys are looking for reasons to protect a player you like in your own minds - I have nothing against the guy personally, and perhaps there's a great explanation for how this all went down. But until he comes clean about such a situation, we're left to believe he tried to gun down a dude in the street.

And how does he promote violence? Um - how about the quote I pulled? He has lame dudes on here idolizing him that he's a "g" for shooting at guys, like that's something to be proud of.
See this is a fundamental difference between me and you. You use the fact that nobody knows him as a person to legitimately reason that he'snot an angel, errr that he promotes "violence in the streets." Me on the other hand, I'm more inclined to believe that the man was simply abouthis business, not to be bothered by the other trifling aspects of the superstar lifestyle.

Maybe you're left to believe that he tried to gun a man down in cold blood but not me, I know how this %##% works and I've seen it before.

I'm only going off the information given, much of which comes from the article posted on page one but again I know how this %##% works. You know how hardit is to have money and stay in the hood? I'm not talking about the *#@%$ rich bamma you see drivin the AMG. I'm talking about havin millions and theentire community knows you got it.

How can you not fathom how easily that breeds jealousy and greed? According to the article this *#@%$ Pops was stocking Marvin, makin it a point to prove thathe knew where all his establishments were and going beyond that, declaring he wasn't scared to show up and let his nuts hang at anyone of them.

Again, according to the article, once again Pops showed up at Marvin's place of work, they got into a physical altercation, and when guns were drawn byboth parties Marv fired, I'll even say in excess cause it sounds like he let a lot of them go.

Are we in agreement concerning the above or do you know something I don't?

I never declared Marvin innocent, hell I said myself he got himself into this mess by not coming clean from the jump with po when they came around doin theirjob. But yea excuse me, I am biased in favor of one of my favorite football players of all time. However, I'll never let that bias get in the way of logicor reason but according to the little information available to us and the public, yea I'll stick with my guy and say %%++ the speculations of a snitch,rat, or naysayer.
grin.gif

And FOH, you don't know who I idolize nor do I take kindly to people on the internet calling me lame whether indirectly or not, or commenting on what's"g" when personally I believe they're too far removed, even from a hypothetical standpoint involving the topic at hand.

laugh.gif
this dude thinks he really intelligent because he can type out a 500 word response where he literally says NOTHING sensible.

If you actually read the article - it sounds like it's pure speculation that Pops had a gun at all, Marvin is the only one that's been named asbrandishing the gun by a witness. Bullets to match those guns, also.

That's not to say Pops was innocent in this matter - but a confrontation is different than a gunfight, and from the only witness willing to speak Marvinwas the one who turned it into a gun fight... or an attempted execution sounds more accurate.

You say how hard it is to be a millionaire in the hood - I say what kind of person stays in the hood after making millions? Only morons, frankly, becauseEVERYONE can understand how hard it would be in that situation and there's no reason to stay put when you have the means to rise above. That leads me tobelieve that Marvin is the kind of dude who COULD do something as stupid as this article makes him sound, because he wasn't intelligent enough to get awayfrom this crap that all his half-brothers couldn't.

I no longer believe your bias is the problem in reading between the lines of this story - I think rather, you have a bias to begin with for an altogetherdifferent reason. It's whatever though, I don't have time to explain this in anymore detail when I know you're the type of dude to just hear whatyou want to hear. I've wasted enough words that won't be understood.

marvin darnell harrison was not supposed to be this guy, the black athlete with a gun. Insecure, obnoxious, prone to acts of catharsis-that was Terrell Owens, Michael Vick. But Marvin?

What I wanna know is why is Terrell Owens brought up in this article. TO may be a loud mouth ego centric WR, but he has absolutely zero legal troubles sincehis career began.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
this dude thinks he really intelligent because he can type out a 500 word response where he literally says NOTHING sensible.

What I said makes perfect sense, if you can't comprehend the logic behind it then I seriously doubt you should be questioning any ones intelligence at all. It's funny that you want to label me the type of guy that will only hear what he wants to hear when you're a mirror image of that.

If you actually read the article - it sounds like it's pure speculation that Pops had a gun at all, Marvin is the only one that's been named as brandishing the gun by a witness. Bullets to match those guns, also.

The whole thing is speculation. Did you miss the part where they found three different sets of casings at the scene?

That's not to say Pops was innocent in this matter - but a confrontation is different than a gunfight, and from the only witness willing to speak Marvin was the one who turned it into a gun fight... or an attempted execution sounds more accurate.

But you don't know that anymore than me, or anybody else on this board, although obviously you're the type who honestly in his heart believes otherwise. Again forgive me for not taking the word of a flip flopping snitch who can't make up his mind and is obviously motivated by an agenda of some sort as gospel.

You say how hard it is to be a millionaire in the hood - I say what kind of person stays in the hood after making millions? Only morons, frankly, because EVERYONE can understand how hard it would be in that situation and there's no reason to stay put when you have the means to rise above. That leads me to believe that Marvin is the kind of dude who COULD do something as stupid as this article makes him sound, because he wasn't intelligent enough to get away from this crap that all his half-brothers couldn't.

Whatever, I'm convinced you just have no perspective on the matter. Of course Marvin is the idiot because opposed to leaving the neighborhood he grew up in ducking to the woods, he opted to invest in his community in a number of different ways. Yea man you're sure right about that one.

I no longer believe your bias is the problem in reading between the lines of this story - I think rather, you have a bias to begin with for an altogether different reason. It's whatever though, I don't have time to explain this in anymore detail when I know you're the type of dude to just hear what you want to hear. I've wasted enough words that won't be understood.

Ditto

So let's not act like he's an angel just because you don't be hearing +*!@ about him. Consider the family he comes from,

Craft I'm not sure if you read over this as you were paying attention to their offenses but he didn't grow up with his half brothers, considering thatthey were all born to different mothers, and his father died when he was 3 He was raised in an honest home with hard working parents who actually instilledvalues. So I don't think this can be used as a determining factor of his character.

Judgin him based off his fam is stupid as S!!!

simple as that. my brothers have done some crazy S!!!, so i should be lumped into their drama?

Article is so biased against Marvin Harrison.
You guys really think that article is biased? I think the writer did an excellent job of showing how harrison avoided the trouble of his famlymembers and surroundings to become a really successful guy. He also pointed out that he wasn't the typical pampered athlete and gave back to his communityand never forgot where he came from. He could have left that all out and said that Marv was this quiet loner cat with homicidal tendencies. IMO dudebasically presented facts (police report, ballistics) and the statements of those who chose to speak to him (remember Marv's people refused).

I don't understand why he didn't just cop to it from the get-go and claim self-defense
Exactly...bottom line nobody deserves to get their life taken but if the article is to be believed, dude tried to get in the bar couldn't, gotmad...made threats...got stomped out...got in his ride backs up to Marv's place and basically told Marv to strap up. A man has a right to defend himselfand that was clearly a threat; he could have easily won a court case based off those facts alone. Pay the medical bills of the dude in prison and take care ofthe kid and dad who's car got shot up and be done. If the article is true dude has much bigger problems on his hands now and he should if he ordered thehit.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

So let's not act like he's an angel just because you don't be hearing +*!@ about him. Consider the family he comes from,

Craft I'm not sure if you read over this as you were paying attention to their offenses but he didn't grow up with his half brothers, considering that they were all born to different mothers, and his father died when he was 3 He was raised in an honest home with hard working parents who actually instilled values. So I don't think this can be used as a determining factor of his character.
No not at all. But behavior does has some relations to genetic.

To me the fact that dude had the gun is enough evidence for me really. There is a good chance it was self defense but I think it would be hard to really argueMarvin wasn't the shooter. And to those who are saying the the article is bias, one can always make an argument from a certain viewpoint, I can say GeorgeBush is the greatest president ever and make a semi-reasonable argument if I tried hard enough...But that wouldn't be the truth. It is pretty clear to methis reporting was done excellently and without bias. They didn't paint Pops as a good guy, they showed everybody in a pretty clear light. If marvin felthis life was being threatened than it was reasonable he did what he did.

And Craftsy, what is wrong with going back to your neighborhood...It wasn't like he was going back to be a drug kingping. He was running respectablebuissnesses that employed those individuals from his neighborhood that so often struggle to find work. Maybe he should have taken a step back from the day today operations and did more of his Magic Johnson thing, but I don't believe you can knock a man for doing that.

Dude really was cheap though, cause that apartment in the video ain't really nice at all
laugh.gif

Anybody else watching the ESPN  E:60  on Marvin tonight ?

I don't know if there will be much new info, but I find this case fascinating

Back
Top Bottom