GQ: The Dirtiest Player (Marvin Harrison) LONG READ

Originally Posted by dreClark

*#@*+ would probably put the beats on you as well though...

Just adding insult to injury
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

wow ... i just saw the e60 about this ... sad *!*$ ... %+!@ marvin harrison and the folks he runs with ... always grabbin for guns, fight me you frail $++@@ ...

He didn't put the beats on him 1st then foolie backed up and told him to tool up... All of which was in the story Bro.

Originally Posted by DMan14

marvin probably ran an out route when he finished shooting

I was thinking the same thing. Like forensic detectives would find a way to say the guy running away ran a 4.5 40 so it had to be him. lol

Good read OP.

Marvin on that Marlo Stanfield tip for real. (sans the drugs)
eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I know Marv is a nutcase.

Who sits at the end of the bench...by himself...on purpose...regardless of what just happened?
smh.gif
Weirdo.
???????

I found this vid that the article refers to.
http://www.youtube.com/v/hRlRJF3wgsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/hRlRJF3wgsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Damn� I always thought marvin was the humble, hardworking, honest, type.
tired.gif

damn dude how many screen names do you have??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

After Gordon came Marvin "Back to Back" Woods. On September 3, 1991, when Marvin Woods was 17, he was playing in the championship game of a schoolyard hoops league when his coach took him out of the game, subbing in another boy. Woods got angry. He left the game. When he rode back on his bike, twenty minutes later, he was carrying a Tec-9. He sprayed his substitute with bullets, killing him, and rode off. Marvin Woods is currently serving a life sentence for first-degree murder at the State Correctional Institution in Dallas, Pennsylvania.
eek.gif

God damn. I don't know how well NT knows about guns, but FN five sevens are cop-killer guns. The special bullets for them are illegal to own. He ownedtwo???
eek.gif

He doesn't seem like the type who would be into that kind of thing. Dual persona.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I know Marv is a nutcase.

Who sits at the end of the bench...by himself...on purpose...regardless of what just happened?
smh.gif
Weirdo.
???????

I found this vid that the article refers to.
http://www.youtube.com/v/hRlRJF3wgsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/hRlRJF3wgsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Damn� I always thought marvin was the humble, hardworking, honest, type.
tired.gif

Anyone else think it's kinda funny that half the video is about Marvin eating junk foods?
laugh.gif

I thought he had Robert Nixon killed too, in addition to the dude he was accused of killing. That would've been some *!@%
laugh.gif

Crazy story, though...

Good read, after reading the incidents concerning his family members I can't say I'm too shocked about his (alleged) participation in all of this.
Originally Posted by EzFlash26

the livest N's are usually the one's who do the least flexin....
So true.

Look at this clown in denial
laugh.gif

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/1/14/1251182/more-more-time-marvin-harrison?ref=yahoo
[h2]One more time: Marvin Harrison didn't shoot anyone[/h2]
stampedeBlue_tiny.gif
by BigBlueShoe on Jan 14, 2010 12:43 PM EST in Bad Journalism
comment.v1599.png
57 comments

Marvin Harrison with his son after wining Super Bowl 41. Image: photos.upi.com

View full size photo »

The broken record continues to spin and spin and spin around the player. Of course, the subject is Marvin Harrison. And, of course, media are placing a guilty tag on his forehead even though the law and the justice system say otherwise.

When it's not hack ESPN writers penning a hit piece ripe with speculation, hearsay, and rumor rather than evidence and facts, it's now <sarcasm> the bastion of sports journalism known as GQ </sarcasm> has an article out painting one of the greatest, most professional wide receivers in NFL history as a modern day Nino Brown.

Oh yeah, Andrew Sharp of SBNation.com likes the article as well. Please, try and contain your shock.

Jason Fagone at GQhas recently written a very lyrically entertaining but factually flawed indictment of Marvin Harrison, using colorful narration and story-telling to recreate the May 2008 shooting incident outside Marvin Harrison's Philadelphia neighborhood barwhich resulted in an injury to convicted felon Dwight Dixon. Dixon was shot in the hand during the altercation and was afterward taken into police custody. Dixon was later convicted of lying to police officers during the investigation into shooting. In July of 2009, Dixon was attacked again in a separate incident, resulting in seven bullet wounds for Dixon. He died of his wounds in September 2009.

When news of the first shooting broke, "star" reporters like ESPN's Sal Poalantonio jumped all over it, making senseless and baseless accusations that never resulted in anything tangible. I remind you that this is the same ESPN that ignored the Ben Roethlisberger rape allegation story in 2009 even though the circumstances surrounding that issue (witness claims attack, no evidence to back up claim) were very similar to the shooting involving Harrison in 2008.

Ben Roethlisberger: White quarterback from Ohio

Marvin Harrison: Retired black receiver from Philadelphia.

Draw your own conclusions.

Back to GQ, even though Fagone's article is better written than anything Sal Pal could ever hope to pen, given his fourth grade IQ, the fact is Fagone's article provides nothing we didn't already read about.
As many of you may recall, I spoke to Philly-based journalists about this incident waaaaaaaay back in 2008, and they agreed that there was more media sensationalism regarding Harrison than actual facts that made him guilty of shooting a man.

Again, this story is old, tried, and the GQ article provides us with very little new evidence or facts that point a finger at Marvin Harrison. In fact, I suspect that the sole reason this article was printed in the first place is because the focus now is on guns and NBA players, and thus the flaky "sports journalists" at GQ thought that digging up the Dixon shooting was relevant.

Deep breath. Sigh.

Look, I personally don't know what the "real" facts are here. South Philly is a poor part of town that has gotten poorer since the economy tanked. Dwight Dixon had a shady past and likely a long list of enemies. His death was unfortunate. However, it is wrong for media outlets to point fingers and assess guilt on people like Marvin Harrison when they do not have evidence to back up that accusation. By every measure of "justice" we as a society hold dear, the reality of the 2008 shooting incident is as follows:

Marvin Harrison did not shoot anyone because there is no evidence that points to Marvin Harrison shooting anyone.

Obviously, this "revelation" is not as interesting or as entertaining as the thought of a mild-mannered, soft-spoken NFL superstar going Tony Montana on the streets of South Philly. But folks like me are more about facts and evidence. These "little details" trump the entertainment value of Marvin Harrison shooting a man. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned that way.

GQ, folks like Andrew Sharp, and ESPN all deal in entertainment; not journalism.

There is no evidence to back up their claim that Marvin Harrison is a thug who shoots people in broad daylight. No chargers have been filed against Harrison. No court decisions have been levied. Harrison was (I repeat again for the 5 billionth time) never even a suspect in the yes of the police. Again, he was a suspect in the media's eyes, not the police's.

I'm tired of writing about this dead story. It's up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. I'll stick with the facts, thank you. GQ and Andrew Sharp can enjoy the fantasy land of hearsay and rumor.

I saw Marvin Harrison in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl in 06, and he was the least intimidating people I've seen in my life. Because of his size it was hard tobelieve he was even and NFL player, let alone a "star". Crazy after reading that article, I guess yall are right about never trusting the quiet ones.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Look at this clown in denial
laugh.gif
like..how could you even write that story following this one

that's like a wizards blogger tombout gil didn't have any hammers

!+@*
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom