Got an interview at NIKE next week!! Any tips from current employees??

If it's Nike Town, I say go for it! If it's Nike Factory, run away! Unless you like that type of bullshi*t!
laugh.gif

If it's Nike Town, I say go for it! If it's Nike Factory, run away! Unless you like that type of bullshi*t!
laugh.gif

Dont tell or show them that youre a sneakerhead....but show interest in the Nike brand. And be outspoken and thats all.

I used to work at NTNY for 2years. Job is good at first but then it becomes boring. Discount is greatt tho.

Dont tell or show them that youre a sneakerhead....but show interest in the Nike brand. And be outspoken and thats all.

I used to work at NTNY for 2years. Job is good at first but then it becomes boring. Discount is greatt tho.

Ok so no talk about being a sneakerhead.
Know basic info on the company including info about Bill Bowermen, Phil Knight and Mark Parker.
Be confident, well spoken and self confident.
Be prepared to explain my best display of customer service.

Sounds good. Thanks guys!

Know basic info on the company including info about Bill Bowermen, Phil Knight and Mark Parker.

I've always wanted to work for Niketown and never got any calls back.  Maybe its time to re-apply this summer and try my luck.  I have wicked work experience now.

I've always wanted to work for Niketown and never got any calls back.  Maybe its time to re-apply this summer and try my luck.  I have wicked work experience now.

The group interview sucks, but if you speak up you will be fine.

When I interviewed I just spoke up, had some solid answers in regards to work ethic, teamwork, etc.  Sometimes the other people would say something I had in mind, they said it first and I just built on that.  Just dress business casual: Dress shoes, button up, slacks.

It was a fun job, the discount is great and I still know people that work there (
smokin.gif
).  I never looked at it as more than a part time job, and it was flexible enough that it allowed me to finish school and do a couple of internships.  Ignore the dudes that have been on the sales floor for over 10 years, still banking on that call from HQ (
30t6p3b.gif
).  There's a lot of cool people just there for the job, money, gear and kicks.

Don't sell your swoosh invite, more than likely they will %@%# up and your swoosh access will get suspended which could also lead to termination.  I never saw anyone get terminated, but a lot of dudes got their access suspended/revoked.  Most make money on the side by buying $!%% at 40% and selling it on the side...reselling (easy money).

It's a fun job, but it's retail, it gets redundant.  A majority will give their check back to Uncle Phil.
laugh.gif
.  Luckily, it's easy to sell all those impulse purchases without taking an L since you are buying them with a discount.  Oh yeah, if it's a Niketown, do shipping and receiving (
smokin.gif
).  To all my NTLA S&R folk (
smokin.gif
), we used to get gully down there.

When I interviewed I just spoke up, had some solid answers in regards to work ethic, teamwork, etc.  Sometimes the other people would say something I had in mind, they said it first and I just built on that.  Just dress business casual: Dress shoes, button up, slacks.

It was a fun job, the discount is great and I still know people that work there (
smokin.gif
).  I never looked at it as more than a part time job, and it was flexible enough that it allowed me to finish school and do a couple of internships.  Ignore the dudes that have been on the sales floor for over 10 years, still banking on that call from HQ (
30t6p3b.gif

Don't sell your swoosh invite, more than likely they will %@%# up and your swoosh access will get suspended which could also lead to termination.  I never saw anyone get terminated, but a lot of dudes got their access suspended/revoked.  Most make money on the side by buying $!%% at 40% and selling it on the side...reselling (easy money).

It's a fun job, but it's retail, it gets redundant.  A majority will give their check back to Uncle Phil.
laugh.gif
.  Luckily, it's easy to sell all those impulse purchases without taking an L since you are buying them with a discount.  Oh yeah, if it's a Niketown, do shipping and receiving (
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Great info. Thanks! I feel pretty confident I'll get the spot.

I'm glad I asked because I definitely would made it obvious that I'm a sneakerhead.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Great info. Thanks! I feel pretty confident I'll get the spot.

I'm glad I asked because I definitely would made it obvious that I'm a sneakerhead.

Originally Posted by techmen31

Also keep in mind... they most likely at the end of the group interview, make everybody sell them something.

Meaning, they're give you scissors, make you stand and explain to everyone why they think they should buy the scissors... they're testing your sales skills. Goodluck!

Originally Posted by techmen31

Also keep in mind... they most likely at the end of the group interview, make everybody sell them something.

Meaning, they're give you scissors, make you stand and explain to everyone why they think they should buy the scissors... they're testing your sales skills. Goodluck!

Nike Retail isn't what its all cracked up to be. Don't get stuck working there for a long time, focus on your education.

Good luck

Nike Retail isn't what its all cracked up to be. Don't get stuck working there for a long time, focus on your education.

Good luck

I'm an employee at the Las Vegas south location. It's a pretty fun job. Dress professional at the interview. Good luck.

I'm an employee at the Las Vegas south location. It's a pretty fun job. Dress professional at the interview. Good luck.

The interview is tomorrow. Im feelin pretty good about everything except for having to sell a random product. I know I can sell shoes because I know everything about them but not anything else!

Anymore tips?

Tips on selling a random object??

Thanks!

The interview is tomorrow. Im feelin pretty good about everything except for having to sell a random product. I know I can sell shoes because I know everything about them but not anything else!

Anymore tips?

Tips on selling a random object??

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom