Google Music Beta

I don't feel like waiting for all of my tracks to upload. And also, there were some errors uploading some tracks last night so I stopped it.

I don't feel like waiting for all of my tracks to upload. And also, there were some errors uploading some tracks last night so I stopped it.

finally got my invite ... took forever ...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I read an article saying that Google wont even allow you to store illegally download files on it. But I went ahead and did it anyway and it worked.
Yeah it is there, but I doubt they'll do anything about it. That's just my opinion, if you don't feel like it's worth the risk then don't do it.
How would they know what's illegal and what isn't?
How could they prove i didn't RIP a cd then transcode it?

I read an article saying that Google wont even allow you to store illegally download files on it. But I went ahead and did it anyway and it worked.
Yeah it is there, but I doubt they'll do anything about it. That's just my opinion, if you don't feel like it's worth the risk then don't do it.
How would they know what's illegal and what isn't?
How could they prove i didn't RIP a cd then transcode it?

[h1]Google Music Might Not Let You Store Copyright-Infringing Music In the Cloud[/h1]
Adrian Covert —At a Q&A following the Google IO keynote, a Google exec said something potentially chilling about digital locker service in Google Music: "We will respond to requests by rights holders who feel their rights have been violated."

The implication is that if a copyright holder has a legitimate claim against their music being on the server, Google's gonna take some kind of action. And, given what Google's said about the way it "listens" to music files to generate smart playlists, it sounds like they're using backend tech similar to what they use to identify material on YouTube.

For end users, that could mean that album/song leaks and pirated music won't be tolerated. And though it seems like it will be difficult to distinguish what's pirated and what's not, Google could use the same analysis tech they use for playlists to verify you that have the right to upload that track to Google Music. (Spectral analysis and/or watermarks could expose rips from different sources). And that means if you've happened to download a leak or any unauthorized rip from the internet, then uploaded it to Google Music, it could be taken down.
And not that Google is wrong for doing so, but that will kill the appeal of Google Music for some people out there.

[h1]Google Music Might Not Let You Store Copyright-Infringing Music In the Cloud[/h1]
Adrian Covert —At a Q&A following the Google IO keynote, a Google exec said something potentially chilling about digital locker service in Google Music: "We will respond to requests by rights holders who feel their rights have been violated."

The implication is that if a copyright holder has a legitimate claim against their music being on the server, Google's gonna take some kind of action. And, given what Google's said about the way it "listens" to music files to generate smart playlists, it sounds like they're using backend tech similar to what they use to identify material on YouTube.

For end users, that could mean that album/song leaks and pirated music won't be tolerated. And though it seems like it will be difficult to distinguish what's pirated and what's not, Google could use the same analysis tech they use for playlists to verify you that have the right to upload that track to Google Music. (Spectral analysis and/or watermarks could expose rips from different sources). And that means if you've happened to download a leak or any unauthorized rip from the internet, then uploaded it to Google Music, it could be taken down.
And not that Google is wrong for doing so, but that will kill the appeal of Google Music for some people out there.

laugh.gif
I bet more than half the people who use GM has uploaded illegal music.

Anyway, I downloaded the android app on my phone, but none of the music I uploaded is on there. Cant find any sync option or whatever either.

laugh.gif

Anyway, I downloaded the android app on my phone, but none of the music I uploaded is on there. Cant find any sync option or whatever either.

Got my invite the other day uploaded all my music from my computer. Haven't got to my external hard drive yet. But its been legit so far im loving it. Only thing I would say I dont like is the widget is plain looking

Got my invite the other day uploaded all my music from my computer. Haven't got to my external hard drive yet. But its been legit so far im loving it. Only thing I would say I dont like is the widget is plain looking

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

laugh.gif

setting then sign into your google account?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hmm, youre right. Only thing is that I signed up for GM (yahoo) using a different email than the one I use to sync contacts, etc.

Damn, what was I thinking.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Hmm, youre right. Only thing is that I signed up for GM (yahoo) using a different email than the one I use to sync contacts, etc.

Damn, what was I thinking.
30t6p3b.gif

Uploading illegal content to google beta is not a good idea.
Look at youtube.com and the amount of vidoes that are taken down due to copyright claims. I can only imagine that his will also transition over to GM.

Back
Top Bottom