Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

David Brandon is really keeping his process shut down because there is NO credible info leaking. I like it but would really like to know what happened when we end up with whoever for the coach.

Harbaugh talk is comical. These figures were outlandish and I am really wondering what the real numbers were.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by dreClark

Nowitness41Dirk
pimp.gif

That's all I can say for now.
A certain someone, I presume? I'm hearing a lot of the same, if that's what you're referring to.
wink.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

secrets don't make friends.

Mario Edwards Jr.
Difference between Shannon and Golden. Shannon had 6 scheduled official visits when he left. Here is what Golden has done so far.

January 8
OT: Taylor Gadbois
LB: Nick Menocal
WR: Devin Lucien
DB: Cortez Davis
RB: Marlin Lane
WR: Duron Carter (If offered this weekend will likely commit)

January 14
QB: Gary Nova
CB: Dallas Crawford
CB: Andrew Johnson
WR: Devin Lucien
DT: John Jenkins
QB: Jacoby Brissett
TE: Sam Collura (got this one from Scout)

January 21
CB: Rashad Wadood
CB: Byron Moore
S/WR: Marqise Lee
WR: George Farmer
WR: Kelvin Benjamin
WR: Patrick Onwuasor
DT: Marquis Wright
DT: David Moala
DT: Lonnie Gosha
DE: Anthony Chickillo
DE: Jason Gibson
DE: Greg Townsend Jr.
TE: Andrew Peterson
LB: Denzel Perryman
P: Dalton Botts
OT: Antonio Richardson

January 28
QB Kevin Sousa
CB: Dominique Terrell
S: Pat Martin (Kid now says he will not visit)
WR: Phillip Dorsett
LB: Antonio Poole
DE: Ricardo Williams
TE/DE: Bryant Dubose
DT: Antwaun Woods (according to Scout he is visiting on the 21st)

Not Sure of Visit Date or even if they are Visiting
S: Gerod Holliman
CB: Ahmad Christian
WR: Tobias Singleton
WR: Rashad Greene (undecided on our visit, depends on Ruddock)
LB: Edsel Caprice
LB: Ramik Wilson
OT: Bobby Hart (possibly might visit)
OL: Kaleb Johnson
DT: Delvon Simmons
DE: Jordan Williams
DE: Ishaq Williams (supposedly visiting and pushing back announcement)
TE/DE: Brandon Fulse (Auburn or Miami-- Will see Miami unofficially)
QB: Marcus McDade

Idk about all of the prospect and I'm not a UM fan but I'd have to say

WR: Duron Carter
QB Kevin Sousa
TE/DE: Brandon Fulse
TE/DE: Bryant Dubose (Kid is probably not going to Qualify)

@ least. w/ two of those being commits already.

I'm pretty sure that if Ricardo Williams gets a Miami offer he will take it. I wish there was a way UNC could convince Chickillo to go out of state. I know Butch called him right after the UA game. That kid is a beast.

Ricardo will take that offer in a heartbeat. Teams are just weary because he's so small.

And UM just stole Thomas Finnie from USCe. Right before he was about to Early Enroll
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Idk about all of the prospect and I'm not a UM fan but I'd have to say

WR: Duron Carter
QB Kevin Sousa
TE/DE: Brandon Fulse
TE/DE: Bryant Dubose (Kid is probably not going to Qualify)

@ least. w/ two of those being commits already.
Honestly all those kids could come and we could get 4 of them and I wouldn't care. 

Just the fact that they are coming after Shannon did absolutely nothing in recruiting is enough.

Our 2010 class isn't going to be up there but it shows you the work Golden is willing to put in and what future classes may possibly look like.

Read on twitter that Golden was willing to drive down from Tampa after meeting w/Chickillo @ 3am to meet Finnie. Instead Finnie and co. 

drove to UM this morning. That right there is a tireless recruiter and willing to do whatever it takes to just meet a kid.

Finnie:
"Miami was never recruiting me and I was upset by that. Miami was a place where I always wanted to go. I had grown up watching the Canes. But they weren't recruiting at Central at all."

Randy Shannon
laugh.gif

How do you not recruit the team from your own backyard who just won a state title in maybe the toughest HS football division in the entire country? Luke said this before too but I didn't want to believe him. smh

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
How many of those kids do we have a legit shot at? 

It's interesting to see Dominique Terrell taking a visit; Miami wasn't even on his radar this whole time. He was down to VT, UVA, and WVU. I don't know why but we pulled his offer about a month ago.

I figured that today would be the day we found out where Harbaugh landed. It was. I am not gonna lie, I thought Brandon would scoop him up late but not the case. On to the next one. No clue who it will be, but I would assume it will be somebody that brings a smile to my face because they know how to win with defense.

Sounds like the Aaron Lynch side is pretty good on both sides. FSU and ND playing the game dirty(talking not money), like it should be done.

[h1]Texas Tech accused of major violations[/h1]

LUBBOCK, Texas -- The NCAA is accusing Texas Tech of major rules violations tied to nearly 1,000 impermissible text messages sent to football, softball and golf prospects.

[h4]Big 12 blog[/h4]
ubben_david_m.jpg
ESPN.com's David Ubben writes about all things Big 12 in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

The NCAA released its findings Friday. It said the school discovered the violations and reported them to the NCAA.

Penalties could include two years probation, recruiting restrictions and scholarship reductions.

The NCAA says the football violations occurred between August 2007 and February 2009, which would have come under former coach Mike Leach. The NCAA says the football coaching staff sent approximately 234 text messages to 45 prospective student-athletes.

Mike leach is a born screw up.

no coincidence his best job was Texas Tech and he couldnt land anything after that

Back
Top Bottom