Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Looks like it took a punch to the face by Stanley Havili in order to get his head out of his %$+.

TJ Bryant has been having solid practices, might see some time at nickel and corner against Wazzu.

Looks like it took a punch to the face by Stanley Havili in order to get his head out of his %$+.

TJ Bryant has been having solid practices, might see some time at nickel and corner against Wazzu.

Mallet about to meet Dareus, and that D's not stopping anything our offense is 10 times better than last year.

Mallet about to meet Dareus, and that D's not stopping anything our offense is 10 times better than last year.

They showed last week why they're NC contenders, by losing to Michigan by only 4 points. The Irish defense was dominant, by holding Michigan QB Denard Robinson to only 502 yards.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They showed last week why they're NC contenders, by losing to Michigan by only 4 points. The Irish defense was dominant, by holding Michigan QB Denard Robinson to only 502 yards.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

Alabama is just plain disgusting this year. Arkansas is going to get pumbled
roll.gif
sick.gif

And no they aren't.  It's going to be a better game than people think.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Alabama is just plain disgusting this year. Arkansas is going to get pumbled
roll.gif
sick.gif

And no they aren't.  It's going to be a better game than people think.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Pretty bored at work got some articles about the game this weekend:

Spoiler [+]
The blue turf is always a story. It's, er, different. But how muchwould anyone care if Boise State hadn't won 56 consecutiveregular-season games on it? "College GameDay" wouldn't be setting upshop in front of Bronco Stadium on Saturday unless the team that playson so-called Smurf Turf was really, really good. As in No. 3 in thenation and might play for the national title good.

A homefield advantage? Absolutely. Bronco Stadium ain't big --capacity is officially 33,500 -- but it's darn loud. Still, Boise Statebeat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on green turf, and it beat TCU inthe Fiesta Bowl last January on green turf, and the Broncos got thesame positive result a few weeks back against Virginia Tech on greenturf. Those last two victories were part of a 16-game winning streak,nine of which came on boring, ole green grass.

The turf is blue, but the team is what leaves nearly every opponent green with envy. Or is it seeing red?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13450/oregon-state-ready-for-blue-turf-but-what-about-boise#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5607909">http://sports.espn.go.com.../enlargePhoto?id=5607909','Popup','width=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge
ncf_ap_oregonstate1_300.jpg

AP Photo/Corvallis Gazette-Times/Scobel WigginsThe Beavers practiced on a blue field to prepare for playing at Bronco Stadium.
"They'redarn good," said Oregon State coach Mike Riley, whose 24th-ranked squadwill try to end the Broncos home winning streak on Saturday. "They'vegot good players and they are extremely well coached. That's thebiggest factor."

Nonetheless, Oregon State this week went to great lengths to giveits players a feel for seeing blue underfoot. The school painted apractice field "reflex" blue and then dressed its scout team in thesame color.

Riley said the decision was based as much on "fun" as strategy. Andthe Beavers' players don't seem to be too taken by the notion of ablue-turf mystique.

"The turf is blue and their jerseys are blue, but there’s 11 guysover there," linebacker Dwight Roberson said. "I don’t feel like theblue turf has to do with anything. It’s a field; you play football onit. For me, it’s nothing different than playing any other footballgame.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Pretty bored at work got some articles about the game this weekend:

Spoiler [+]
The blue turf is always a story. It's, er, different. But how muchwould anyone care if Boise State hadn't won 56 consecutiveregular-season games on it? "College GameDay" wouldn't be setting upshop in front of Bronco Stadium on Saturday unless the team that playson so-called Smurf Turf was really, really good. As in No. 3 in thenation and might play for the national title good.

A homefield advantage? Absolutely. Bronco Stadium ain't big --capacity is officially 33,500 -- but it's darn loud. Still, Boise Statebeat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on green turf, and it beat TCU inthe Fiesta Bowl last January on green turf, and the Broncos got thesame positive result a few weeks back against Virginia Tech on greenturf. Those last two victories were part of a 16-game winning streak,nine of which came on boring, ole green grass.

The turf is blue, but the team is what leaves nearly every opponent green with envy. Or is it seeing red?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/13450/oregon-state-ready-for-blue-turf-but-what-about-boise#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5607909">http://sports.espn.go.com.../enlargePhoto?id=5607909','Popup','width=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge
ncf_ap_oregonstate1_300.jpg

AP Photo/Corvallis Gazette-Times/Scobel WigginsThe Beavers practiced on a blue field to prepare for playing at Bronco Stadium.
"They'redarn good," said Oregon State coach Mike Riley, whose 24th-ranked squadwill try to end the Broncos home winning streak on Saturday. "They'vegot good players and they are extremely well coached. That's thebiggest factor."

Nonetheless, Oregon State this week went to great lengths to giveits players a feel for seeing blue underfoot. The school painted apractice field "reflex" blue and then dressed its scout team in thesame color.

Riley said the decision was based as much on "fun" as strategy. Andthe Beavers' players don't seem to be too taken by the notion of ablue-turf mystique.

"The turf is blue and their jerseys are blue, but there’s 11 guysover there," linebacker Dwight Roberson said. "I don’t feel like theblue turf has to do with anything. It’s a field; you play football onit. For me, it’s nothing different than playing any other footballgame.

Originally Posted by dreClark

anthonyleon_display_image.jpg

Juice plays LB now?
Way too much of a liability at safety, much more of a natural at LB, from what I've seen since he got to the U of A. He was always a step too slow, when making reads. Him being moved to LB allowed us to have him on the field, for his athletic ability, shore up our depth at the LB spot, and he's excelled.

What Ryan is doing better way better than last year is hitting his checkdowns, instead of going for the deep ball on every play. As I said before, the running game from Bama was bottled last year (to an extent), Ingram didn't get off, but we got murdered in the air. Poor safety play and when I say poor, thee worst.
sick.gif

Alabama's defense will not be dominant as they did last year, when they camped in our backfield.
30t6p3b.gif
  Your defensive line has been getting little to an pressure and the secondary has YET to be tested. Our defense is improved because our better line play and in the secondary(D.Winston will impact this game), getting in the backfield much more often (see UGA's "great o-line"). I expect Saban to take the air out of the ball for this game. No blowout.

Originally Posted by dreClark

anthonyleon_display_image.jpg

Juice plays LB now?
Way too much of a liability at safety, much more of a natural at LB, from what I've seen since he got to the U of A. He was always a step too slow, when making reads. Him being moved to LB allowed us to have him on the field, for his athletic ability, shore up our depth at the LB spot, and he's excelled.

What Ryan is doing better way better than last year is hitting his checkdowns, instead of going for the deep ball on every play. As I said before, the running game from Bama was bottled last year (to an extent), Ingram didn't get off, but we got murdered in the air. Poor safety play and when I say poor, thee worst.
sick.gif

Alabama's defense will not be dominant as they did last year, when they camped in our backfield.
30t6p3b.gif
  Your defensive line has been getting little to an pressure and the secondary has YET to be tested. Our defense is improved because our better line play and in the secondary(D.Winston will impact this game), getting in the backfield much more often (see UGA's "great o-line"). I expect Saban to take the air out of the ball for this game. No blowout.

Why is there so much love for Arkansas like there gonna make it a close game or beat Alabama? Arkansas has yet to prove anything in my eyes they beat a Division 1 FCS team, a lower tier FBS team, and barely beat a team, that was highly overrated from the get go, with a first year starting qb while missing one of the best receiver if not the best player in the country. These are games Nick Saban loves to play cuz it shows him who really wants to win and not get cussed out during the half and after the game lol. 
laugh.gif
 I think Ryan Malllet is a great qb and will have a decent game but there is no way he can do this alone and Arkansas defense will not last long with a two running back rotation and an offensive line that will keep pounding (pause) on them all game long.

Back
Top Bottom