Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

No way Nebraska runs the table. Washington isn't good. Martinez is going to stumble at least once. I mean this kid is a freshman man. The Big 12 has some very solid teams this year & of course you're going to play Texas or OU in the Big 12 Title game.

No way Nebraska runs the table. Washington isn't good. Martinez is going to stumble at least once. I mean this kid is a freshman man. The Big 12 has some very solid teams this year & of course you're going to play Texas or OU in the Big 12 Title game.

No Ryan Williams this week vs. BC. Darren Evans is starting but I'm hoping for a David Wilson show. Not very optimistic about this game though.

No Ryan Williams this week vs. BC. Darren Evans is starting but I'm hoping for a David Wilson show. Not very optimistic about this game though.

Originally Posted by rashi

I was hearing that College coaches get bonuses for 5 star recruits, which I kind of figured anyway. But, I was hearing that the coaches pay the people who do the ratings to inflate the ratings in order to get the bonus and they break off the raters. Any truth to something like this?
That makes no sense. What coach in his right mind puts any sort of stock into recruiting services? No coach worth his salt gives two *@*@+ about what Rivals/Scout/etc have to say in their evals about a prospect.

Originally Posted by rashi

I was hearing that College coaches get bonuses for 5 star recruits, which I kind of figured anyway. But, I was hearing that the coaches pay the people who do the ratings to inflate the ratings in order to get the bonus and they break off the raters. Any truth to something like this?
That makes no sense. What coach in his right mind puts any sort of stock into recruiting services? No coach worth his salt gives two *@*@+ about what Rivals/Scout/etc have to say in their evals about a prospect.

Yea that can't be true. Coaches are gonna go after the kids they think can play regardless of rankings. Altho I could see someone like Saban or Meyer or Kiffen doing it if it is true.

Yea that can't be true. Coaches are gonna go after the kids they think can play regardless of rankings. Altho I could see someone like Saban or Meyer or Kiffen doing it if it is true.

Calvin Pryor to Louisville. Hell of a pickup for Cholly Scrong (and Ron Dugans
pimp.gif
)

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

get down or lay down.

expect us to run the table this year
Im hoping Nebraska runs the table and is left out of the National Title game

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

get down or lay down.

expect us to run the table this year
Im hoping Nebraska runs the table and is left out of the National Title game

Keven Riley is not prepared for what's coming Saturday.

And I hope Foles throws for 400+ on that swiss cheese D

Yeah I'm still mad about that game last year.
mad.gif

mad.gif

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Saban and Meyer are getting the cream of the crop and Kiffin has shown he can pull top players. These players are highly ranked before they pluck them, there's no need for inflating their rankings. They go after well known prospects and they get them. I dont buy the report for one second, but if it's indeed true wouldn't it make more sense that a coach at a struggling powerhouse program or a coach that is on the hot seat would do this as opposed to a coach at the top.Just food for thought.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Saban and Meyer are getting the cream of the crop and Kiffin has shown he can pull top players. These players are highly ranked before they pluck them, there's no need for inflating their rankings. They go after well known prospects and they get them. I dont buy the report for one second, but if it's indeed true wouldn't it make more sense that a coach at a struggling powerhouse program or a coach that is on the hot seat would do this as opposed to a coach at the top.Just food for thought.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

mad.gif
You guys ain't prepared for Shane Vereen.
pimp.gif
It won't matter since Riley'll probably throw 5 picks.
laugh.gif

I think Cal will show up this time. Well, I hope so.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

mad.gif
You guys ain't prepared for Shane Vereen.
pimp.gif
It won't matter since Riley'll probably throw 5 picks.
laugh.gif

I think Cal will show up this time. Well, I hope so.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

1. You forget we have one of the best defenses in the nation. Our front 4 is still good and our secondary is as legit ad they come.Check the stats of landry jones, Blaine gabbert, colt McCoy, nick foles, Jake locker, and the kid from Idaho (considered a pro prospect.) we are clamping teams. Yes suh is gone and can't be replaced, but the d line is still ferocious. If Martinez is at least a threat we will run the table.2. Neither OU nor Texas has been all that impressive this year. OU did thump FSU but followed up by squeaking by air force. And Texas has no identity on offense, not to mention Gilbert isn't that that nice.

Originally Posted by RoOk

1. You forget we have one of the best defenses in the nation. Our front 4 is still good and our secondary is as legit ad they come.Check the stats of landry jones, Blaine gabbert, colt McCoy, nick foles, Jake locker, and the kid from Idaho (considered a pro prospect.) we are clamping teams. Yes suh is gone and can't be replaced, but the d line is still ferocious. If Martinez is at least a threat we will run the table.2. Neither OU nor Texas has been all that impressive this year. OU did thump FSU but followed up by squeaking by air force. And Texas has no identity on offense, not to mention Gilbert isn't that that nice.

Back
Top Bottom