Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Touchdown W Virginia.... but damn Marshall with the feel good story of weekend if not the year if they can hang on and win this one... amazing on the 40th anniversary

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No homer at all, Chris Peterson is 100% top 5 coaches in America. probably closer to 2 or 3.

they are very well coached, I cant believe Gene Stallings said they would lose 6 games in the SEC, thats pure hate. yea they dont play a hard %+* schedule but that team is Very Good.

at some point, someone's gotta give them credit. maybe it will take them winning a National title before someone like Stallings shuts his yap.

glad someone read that article tho, cus it was good.
Truth. Say what you will about their schedule (and I have), but they will outcoach almost every other team in the country on gameday. I can definitely see Peterson having a similar career trajectory to Urban Meyer.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Jim Tressel being a better coach than Peterson. Ok.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No homer at all, Chris Peterson is 100% top 5 coaches in America. probably closer to 2 or 3.

they are very well coached, I cant believe Gene Stallings said they would lose 6 games in the SEC, thats pure hate. yea they dont play a hard %+* schedule but that team is Very Good.

at some point, someone's gotta give them credit. maybe it will take them winning a National title before someone like Stallings shuts his yap.

glad someone read that article tho, cus it was good.
Truth. Say what you will about their schedule (and I have), but they will outcoach almost every other team in the country on gameday. I can definitely see Peterson having a similar career trajectory to Urban Meyer.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Jim Tressel being a better coach than Peterson. Ok.

I don't consider Tressell a great coach at all. But he's won 5 straight Big 10 champs, a NC, and played for another. Chris Peterson hasn't won *!# besides 2 bowl games against Oklahoma and TCU.

No way on earth you can say that Peterson is a better coach than him up to this point. That's a pretty stupid thing to say. He has to beat real teams with real coaches in real conference before you can say he's a great coach.

Has he done a great job at Boise? Hell yes. Does that make him a great coach? Not necessarily. It's too early to tell. He could end up at LSU next year and end up failing there for all we know so I don't know how the hell you can consider him a great coach at this point in time.

I don't consider Tressell a great coach at all. But he's won 5 straight Big 10 champs, a NC, and played for another. Chris Peterson hasn't won *!# besides 2 bowl games against Oklahoma and TCU.

No way on earth you can say that Peterson is a better coach than him up to this point. That's a pretty stupid thing to say. He has to beat real teams with real coaches in real conference before you can say he's a great coach.

Has he done a great job at Boise? Hell yes. Does that make him a great coach? Not necessarily. It's too early to tell. He could end up at LSU next year and end up failing there for all we know so I don't know how the hell you can consider him a great coach at this point in time.

Back
Top Bottom