GOAT APP legit?

GOAT surprised me with that 5.8% cash out fee :frown: the sale was only a hundred bucks, (closet cleaning time) I had a couple vintage items im thinking about selling but wont be using goat anymore smh. 1st sale and last sale....

Damn that's crazy

New guy here. I checked their website after I saw your comment because I have a few pairs listed on there and it looks like you only get charged 2.9% once, not twice. If you do direct deposit into your bank account you get hit with the 2.9% cash out fee or if you cash out via PayPal you get hit with the 2.9% fee.

Since I joined today, I'm not able to post links to other websites but if you go to airgoatdotcombackslashfees, all the info is there. 

Has anyone purchased used shoes from GOAT before?  I bought a pair of 2016 Banned 1's used for 225.  The pictures looked really good.  Dirty soles but not bad.  Does anyone have experience with used purchases?  I am afraid that the pictures taken are old and the shoes could be much more worn than depicted.  Does Goat check condition along with legitimacy?  Thanks in advance fellas.

I'm sure they'll do the same process with used kicks just like they do when they're DS. Probably examine them even more since they're used.

That's why they require pictures

They will compare them to the pictures the seller posted. If they look more worn they will reject them, no worries. They are pretty strict

That's why they require pictures

They will compare them to the pictures the seller posted. If they look more worn they will reject them, no worries. They are pretty strict

Thats wassup if true.. never expected them to be like that

my samsung's pics on goat are turning out bad. it isnt like the normal camera. goat has a filter or something. anyone know how to fix this? the pic is more zoomed in and not as clear when i take pics for goat.

GOAT surprised me with that 5.8% cash out fee :frown: the sale was only a hundred bucks, (closet cleaning time) I had a couple vintage items im thinking about selling but wont be using goat anymore smh. 1st sale and last sale....

Why would you be surprised? It's clearly stated on their terms.

The 2.9 paypal fee is pretty standard for the seller. The 2.9 cash out fee is surprising but that's their policy.
I guess it's part of their business model.

I was also thinking of using GOAT to get rid of about 50 pairs but when I read the terms the 2.9 cash-out fee also irked me
so I didn't use the service

Why would you be surprised? It's clearly stated on their terms.

The 2.9 paypal fee is pretty standard for the seller. The 2.9 cash out fee is surprising but that's their policy.
I guess it's part of their business model.

I was also thinking of using GOAT to get rid of about 50 pairs but when I read the terms the 2.9 cash-out fee also irked me
so I didn't use the service
it surprised me because as YOU said as well, its surprising.

Are cashouts via PP instantaneous? I cashed out last time, and it hit my account almost immediately. Cashed out earlier today, and nothing...

Anybody have an issue where an order canceled even after you shipped out? Goat canceled my order three hours after I shipped them out. I'm guessing I missed the 72 hour period but I had an issue where my proper label didn't generate and had to be sent a USPS label. How can I be penalized for their mistakes?

My tracking number shows that I shipped right before I got my cancelation email. What do you guys think? I can't even intercept the package because it's already in Ca.

Wtf bro so much bs in one weekend.

Last edited:
Def BS on their part.
Again, it's not 5.8%. If you cash out by having them directly deposit into your checking account, its 2.9%. If you want to get paid via Paypal its 2.9%. If you use Paypal, you don't get charged 2.9% for the "cash out" and then another 2.9% by Paypal. Whatever option you choose, you only get charged 2.9%. It says so on their website. 

Def BS on their part.
Again, it's not 5.8%. If you cash out by having them directly deposit into your checking account, its 2.9%. If you want to get paid via Paypal its 2.9%. If you use Paypal, you don't get charged 2.9% for the "cash out" and then another 2.9% by Paypal. Whatever option you choose, you only get charged 2.9%. It says so on their website. 
I'm just going by the way Jenn from goat explained to me in email. I still haven't cashed out so I can't say for sure..

I was wrong. Perhaps Jenn didn't understand my question... My bad, no double charge now that I've actually done a transaction.

Anybody have an issue where an order canceled even after you shipped out? Goat canceled my order three hours after I shipped them out. I'm guessing I missed the 72 hour period but I had an issue where my proper label didn't generate and had to be sent a USPS label. How can I be penalized for their mistakes?

My tracking number shows that I shipped right before I got my cancelation email. What do you guys think? I can't even intercept the package because it's already in Ca.

Wtf bro so much bs in one weekend.
You can still technically do a package intercept (unless they changed things recently). You need to go to the post office and fill out a form. I believe it is called "package intercept." I've stopped a package at the local post office of the person it was supposed to be delivered to. Your post master/manager will probably have to fax/call the local facility to stop it on time.

Last edited:
Guys I have this feeling that sellers make other accounts to put offers on their shoes that are fairly close to their sale price.... am I tripping or is this a possibility

Guys I have this feeling that sellers make other accounts to put offers on their shoes that are fairly close to their sale price.... am I tripping or is this a possibility

No you are not tripping. It happens at StockX too. It's pretty easy to manipulate the price

Back
Top Bottom