Go to HEAVEN, according to the BIBLE. Vol. NO Atheists Please

I understand that but its crazy to think that for thousands of years you didn't exist. Then all of a sudden you are born. I imagine death is similar. When you die its just liek before you were born. So I guess I believe in reincarnation? I don't know its a headache to think about.

It is. I think that's how I became atheist in the first place as a teen. Used to think about all this stuff , its too much. You don't have direct answers for everything, but have more questions than you can think of.....For me how I ended up here, it was a step by step thing. I looked at certain facts, tried to decipher amongst different ideals, and concepts and found I felt showed me truth. Not what I want to believe, but what was RIGHT, to me. Being a christian is miles is nowhere near the fun im used to, but theres a comfort that comes with it for me. I cant articulate it. But I know where its leading me is somewhere great. Im glad my daughters know me as i am now than when I first met my wife. Im not tryna sell you, since you haventt figured things out for yourself. I just gave a bit of my story to show you can come to a place of peace with your thoughts.

samesong5vb.jpg

Same posters, Same song....

Take a look in the mirror my child.

[sup]25 [/sup]On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

[sup]26 [/sup]“What is written in the Law?”  he replied. “How do you read it?”

[sup]27 [/sup]He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[sup][a][/sup]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[sup][b][/sup]”

[sup]28 [/sup]“You have answered correctly,”  Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

**the LORD...being the father.

That will get you to this point/story:
10 At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. [sup]2 [/sup]He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. [sup]3 [/sup]One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!”

[sup]4 [/sup]Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked.

The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. [sup]5 [/sup]Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. [sup]6 [/sup]He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.”

[sup]7 [/sup]When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. [sup]8 [/sup]He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.

[sup]9 [/sup]About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. [sup]10 [/sup]He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. [sup]11 [/sup]He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. [sup]12 [/sup]It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.

[sup]13 [/sup]Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

[sup]14 [/sup]“Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

[sup]15 [/sup]The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

[sup]16 [/sup]This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

[sup]17 [/sup]While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate. [sup]18 [/sup]They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

[sup]19 [/sup]While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three[sup][a][/sup] men are looking for you. [sup]20 [/sup]So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.”

[sup]21 [/sup]Peter went down and said to the men, “I’m the one you’re looking for. Why have you come?”

[sup]22 [/sup]The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” [sup]23 [/sup]Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.

The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along. [sup]24 [/sup]The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. [sup]25 [/sup]As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. [sup]26 [/sup]But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

[sup]27 [/sup]While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. [sup]28 [/sup]He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean. [sup]29 [/sup]So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me?”

[sup]30 [/sup]Cornelius answered: “Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me [sup]31 [/sup]and said, ‘Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered your gifts to the poor. [sup]32 [/sup]Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.’ [sup]33 [/sup]So I sent for you immediately, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us.”

[sup]34 [/sup]Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

[sup]35 [/sup]but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

[sup]36 [/sup]You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. [sup]37 [/sup]You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— [sup]38 [/sup]how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

[sup]39 [/sup]“We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, [sup]40 [/sup]but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. [sup]41 [/sup]He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. [sup]42 [/sup]He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. [sup]43 [/sup]All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

[sup]44 [/sup]While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. [sup]45 [/sup]The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. [sup]46 [/sup]For they heard them speaking in tongues[sup][b][/sup] and praising God.

Then Peter said, [sup]47 [/sup]“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” [sup]48 [/sup]So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
wall of text with key points bolded.

Science = religion

People claim to make discoveries then put them in text and spreads them to the masses, and they believe everything theyre told without being in the lab with those scientists , just like those in religion believe the text that is given to them without actually being there with the person who discovered what is in said text.

THIS is NOT for ATHEISTS because Im not trying to convert any. I was there and no one person converted me, more like LIFE did. This was ONLY for believers because I don't want to waste get side tracked wit discussions I didn't intend on having. Im tryna have progressive discussion, but am being questioned on the basis on my beliefs. Im not hear for THAT. I fear nothing but God so save your name calling. only makes u sound bitter

But the bible says there is no love in fear? :nerd:

No bitterness here, I'm not the one who is weak in faith that he excludes certain people from his thread. Clearly phantoms are not all you fear young Padawan. You fear logic. You fear debate. Yahweh forbid someone comes in here and plants the seeds of doubt in your head, if they already haven't.

Answer my question, should I start making thread excluding certain groups in the title young Padawan? :nerd:

You should pray to God for better syntax, reading that gave me glioblastoma multiforme.

Science = religion

People claim to make discoveries then put them in text and spreads them to the masses, and they believe everything theyre told without being in the lab with those scientists , just like those in religion believe the text that is given to them without actually being there with the person who discovered what is in said text.
dumbest thing I've ever read on NT....

I hear you, and i'm not a religious person (i am spiritual though). But i find some of them pushy- very :intellectually superior" like you said, and also they tend to go around telling believers how ridiculous they are, and always trying to take a dump on their beliefs. I agree that some of the religions can be just as pushy though. I've said it before, i'm not a Christian, but i have seen the faith and devotion to Christianity do A LOT of positive things for a lot of people (without harming anybody). Now of course there are some religions that are pushy and try to control things they should have no power over- but thats a different story. I dont know, that was my only problem with sillyputty was that he always had to rip other peoples' beliefs apart.

As far as Santa- :lol: im not gonna sit here and say that the bible is anything more than a book with SOME good principles and stories that could help one to be a better person and live a happier life (whatever works, you know)- but i will say that i do believe there is a higher power, the reason for everything around us, and the reason im still here today. Flame away NT, i say my prayers at night 8)

I can dig it, I'm not an "atheist" by the technical sense of the word. I'm no more atheistic than the next man. I prefer the term religious free-agent.

The bible does have some honorable principles, but it has just as many downright evil values. That is just a part of what makes religion so dangerous, because if a book if meant to be a heaven sent infallible word of a supreme being everything in it cannot be questioned, good AND bad.

I believe in higher powers and cosmicism, don't know what they are and I don't know if I should waste my time worshipping them.

Science = religion

So you're just going to compare years and years of research, trial and error, and experiments to some dudes writing down a bunch of **** they quite possibly imagined while tripping balls from either drugs or illness?

This is what we're doing now? Do you believe the Earth is flat and in the center of the (as in THE ONLY) universe?

Last edited:
Science = religion

This dude questions science as he sends his message through an invention of science. You think your messages on this board are prayed into existence? :rofl:

People dumb statements like this one is why atheists are so smug. :smh:

That will get you to this point/story:
10 At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. [sup]2 [/sup]He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. [sup]3 [/sup]One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!”

[sup]4 [/sup]Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked.

The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. [sup]5 [/sup]Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. [sup]6 [/sup]He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.”

[sup]7 [/sup]When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. [sup]8 [/sup]He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.

[sup]9 [/sup]About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. [sup]10 [/sup]He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. [sup]11 [/sup]He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. [sup]12 [/sup]It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.

[sup]13 [/sup]Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

[sup]14 [/sup]“Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

[sup]15 [/sup]The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

[sup]16 [/sup]This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

[sup]17 [/sup]While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate. [sup]18 [/sup]They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

[sup]19 [/sup]While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three[sup][a][/sup] men are looking for you. [sup]20 [/sup]So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.”

[sup]21 [/sup]Peter went down and said to the men, “I’m the one you’re looking for. Why have you come?”

[sup]22 [/sup]The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” [sup]23 [/sup]Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.

The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along. [sup]24 [/sup]The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. [sup]25 [/sup]As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. [sup]26 [/sup]But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

[sup]27 [/sup]While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. [sup]28 [/sup]He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean. [sup]29 [/sup]So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me?”

[sup]30 [/sup]Cornelius answered: “Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me [sup]31 [/sup]and said, ‘Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered your gifts to the poor. [sup]32 [/sup]Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.’ [sup]33 [/sup]So I sent for you immediately, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us.”

[sup]34 [/sup]Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

[sup]35 [/sup]but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

[sup]36 [/sup]You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. [sup]37 [/sup]You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— [sup]38 [/sup]how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

[sup]39 [/sup]“We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, [sup]40 [/sup]but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. [sup]41 [/sup]He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. [sup]42 [/sup]He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. [sup]43 [/sup]All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

[sup]44 [/sup]While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. [sup]45 [/sup]The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. [sup]46 [/sup]For they heard them speaking in tongues[sup][b][/sup] and praising God.

Then Peter said, [sup]47 [/sup]“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” [sup]48 [/sup]So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
wall of text with key points bolded.
Great story! (Cornelius did indeed followt the commandment to 'love his neighbor')

Now imagine if Cornelius never paid attention to what Peter had to say, would he have received holy spirit and been baptized?

Also:
[h3]The Pharisee and the Publican[/h3]
[sup]9 [/sup]And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt:  [sup]10 [/sup]“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  [sup]11 [/sup]The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.  [sup]12 [/sup]I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’  [sup]13 [/sup]But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be [sup][f][/sup]merciful to me, the sinner!’  [sup]14 [/sup]I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

[sup]15 [/sup]And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began  rebuking them.  [sup]16 [/sup]But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  [sup]17 [/sup]Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”
[h3]The Rich Young Ruler[/h3]
[sup]18 [/sup]A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”[sup]19 [/sup]And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.[sup]20 [/sup]You know the commandments, ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’”  [sup]21 [/sup]And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”  [sup]22 [/sup]When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”  [sup]23 [/sup]But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.  [sup]24 [/sup]And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!  [sup]25 [/sup]For it is easier for a camel to [sup][g][/sup]go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”  [sup]26 [/sup]They who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?”  [sup]27 [/sup]But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”

[sup]28 [/sup]Peter said, “Behold, we have left [sup][h][/sup]our own homes  and followed You.”  [sup]29 [/sup]And He said to them,  “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,  [sup]30 [/sup]who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life.”

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't care what people believe as long as those beliefs don't infringe on others. (I know, I know, that isn't the case in regards to real life....but in the NT realm it is) I'm over debating that stuff. Like Wyatt Earp said in Tombstone, "I'm not going to fight you, Ringo. There's no money in it." I'm an Atheist; no one believer is wronger than another. Getting into these debates diminishes the fact that I see them all as equally wrong. One religion isn't more real than another. I'm probably just getting old, but it really doesn't interest me anymore.

Last edited:
I can dig it, I'm not an "atheist" by the technical sense of the word. I'm no more atheistic than the next man. I prefer the term religious free-agent.

The bible does have some honorable principles, but it has just as many downright evil values. That is just a part of what makes religion so dangerous, because if a book if meant to be a heaven sent infallible word of a supreme being everything in it cannot be questioned, good AND bad.

I believe in higher powers and cosmicism, don't know what they are and I don't know if I should waste my time worshipping them.
Evil values?

I meant that as a sincere question. What is in it (bible) is intrinsically evil, or has been used to justify/do evil?

I can draw parallels but it would just be distracting...
Both

Bible is used as a form of mind control and has been the Justification of some of the most vile acts

dark ages .. salem witch trials , The crusades ect.

Honestly, I don't care what people believe as long as those beliefs don't infringe on others. (I know, I know, that isn't the case in regards to real life....but in the NT realm it is)

I strongly agree with this!

When the OP has in his title "Vol. NO Atheists Allowed Please" he isn't setting a good precedent at all.

I'm an atheist and offended that you feel the need to exclude atheists from the thread. Are you not confident in yourself or your religion?

Evil values?

yes did i stutter? The bible has been used for evil.
I meant that as a sincere question. What is in it (bible) is intrinsically evil, or has been used to justify/do evil?

I can draw parallels but it would just be distracting...

Verses influence rape and murder in the Lord's name. if I wasn't on my phone I'd source this but I'm sure someone else can handle it.

www.evilbible.com has some examples.

Great story! (Cornelius did indeed followt the commandment to 'love his neighbor')

Now imagine if Cornelius never paid attention to what Peter had to say, would he have received holy spirit and been baptized?

Also:
[h3]The Pharisee and the Publican[/h3]
[sup]9 [/sup]And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt:  [sup]10 [/sup]“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  [sup]11 [/sup]The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.  [sup]12 [/sup]I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’  [sup]13 [/sup]But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be [sup][f][/sup]merciful to me, the sinner!’  [sup]14 [/sup]I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

[sup]15 [/sup]And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began  rebuking them.  [sup]16 [/sup]But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  [sup]17 [/sup]Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”
[h3]The Rich Young Ruler[/h3]
[sup]18 [/sup]A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”[sup]19 [/sup]And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.[sup]20 [/sup]You know the commandments, ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’”  [sup]21 [/sup]And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”  [sup]22 [/sup]When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”  [sup]23 [/sup]But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.  [sup]24 [/sup]And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!  [sup]25 [/sup]For it is easier for a camel to [sup][g][/sup]go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”  [sup]26 [/sup]They who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?”  [sup]27 [/sup]But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”

[sup]28 [/sup]Peter said, “Behold, we have left [sup][h][/sup]our own homes  and followed You.”  [sup]29 [/sup]And He said to them,  “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,  [sup]30 [/sup]who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life.”
Imagine if Peter decided to dismiss his dream and turn the men away to uphold the "law"! He also followed the commandment to love thy neighbor and was obedient.

I love the tax collector story. He knew he wasn't owed anything for what he'd done and instead cried out for mercy. Also the rich young ruler story is perfect for showing that you must sacrifice that which you value the most.

Back
Top Bottom