Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
that little bit of decline in overall quality makes
my newer retros less comfortable to wear
that's what matters to me
a lot of em pinch my toes, the originals and even older retro
versions didn't as much

i posted the side-by-side midsoles of og vs '10 aj6 in another thread

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

I'll give you one good example.
CDP 11
c0b26ea4866d8636856eb183cdc01a09a2d50963.jpg

Beat up pair of OG 11's.

13391E1A4B50B5B22DB464-570x413.jpg

laugh.gif
x
tired.gif
lol never thought anyone would ever save my picture..
i feel honored 
pimp.gif

well back onto the subject it just seems that on the 11's one side would be damaged but one would be semi- ok.. quality sure has changed but i must have to agree with some people in here to buy what you like

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

I'll give you one good example.
CDP 11
c0b26ea4866d8636856eb183cdc01a09a2d50963.jpg

Beat up pair of OG 11's.

13391E1A4B50B5B22DB464-570x413.jpg

laugh.gif
x
tired.gif
lol never thought anyone would ever save my picture..
i feel honored 
pimp.gif

well back onto the subject it just seems that on the 11's one side would be damaged but one would be semi- ok.. quality sure has changed but i must have to agree with some people in here to buy what you like

LeGod do you know if those shoes are the same size? i know they are off of the OriGinal mold but the same size would help the comparison.

LeGod do you know if those shoes are the same size? i know they are off of the OriGinal mold but the same size would help the comparison.

Originally Posted by imazing1201

09 space jams are not as bad as everyone thinks. These are not my pics, but I also had both pairs and the differences were not enough for me to keep my 2000 pair.

Originally Posted by imazing1201

09 space jams are not as bad as everyone thinks. These are not my pics, but I also had both pairs and the differences were not enough for me to keep my 2000 pair.

Proto I feel your argument but then like the pics above show, they have to do something about this paint issue. I've had a couple OGs, X,XI,XII and even the comparisons from 99-01 to whats out now, there has def been a decline in comfort/materials used. I feel like some people are saying a big deal is being made out of nothing but when the prices go up I think the customer has a right to demand more. Who wants to pay more and get less? With JB both sides can be argued but what can be said for retro air max? and other sneakers, i.e bo jackson trainers, andre agassi sig sneaker, etc etc.

Proto I feel your argument but then like the pics above show, they have to do something about this paint issue. I've had a couple OGs, X,XI,XII and even the comparisons from 99-01 to whats out now, there has def been a decline in comfort/materials used. I feel like some people are saying a big deal is being made out of nothing but when the prices go up I think the customer has a right to demand more. Who wants to pay more and get less? With JB both sides can be argued but what can be said for retro air max? and other sneakers, i.e bo jackson trainers, andre agassi sig sneaker, etc etc.

i can think of the retro 4s (military and fire reds). i have not bought any of teh recent retros so i cant comment on those but from the sound of things, they were not that great either. i think from 2005 to now, it has not been that good as far as quality of the JB. and yet the price keeps on going up. and they still sell out shoes. shows you "their" will power.

i can think of the retro 4s (military and fire reds). i have not bought any of teh recent retros so i cant comment on those but from the sound of things, they were not that great either. i think from 2005 to now, it has not been that good as far as quality of the JB. and yet the price keeps on going up. and they still sell out shoes. shows you "their" will power.

i dont really care about materials quite honestly, what i do care about, like many others have said is the paint chipping, my fire red 3's are chipped, my aqua 8's, my military 4's and so on.....

i dont really care about materials quite honestly, what i do care about, like many others have said is the paint chipping, my fire red 3's are chipped, my aqua 8's, my military 4's and so on.....

When your product is now more similar to fakes (shape, materials, colors) than authentics you are going to get heat.

When your product is now more similar to fakes (shape, materials, colors) than authentics you are going to get heat.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

I feel like some people are saying a big deal is being made out of nothing but when the prices go up I think the customer has a right to demand more. Who wants to pay more and get less?
This.

I haven't bought some retros from quite some time now because of the pricing. If the QF 2s are the same as the 04 retros I'ma cop but even though the 04s are not the greatest quality, the QF 2s are not worthy of the price because of the leather they used.
eyes.gif

IMO, the white vr 6s leather is an improvement than most retros but I still can't push myself to cop them.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

I feel like some people are saying a big deal is being made out of nothing but when the prices go up I think the customer has a right to demand more. Who wants to pay more and get less?
This.

I haven't bought some retros from quite some time now because of the pricing. If the QF 2s are the same as the 04 retros I'ma cop but even though the 04s are not the greatest quality, the QF 2s are not worthy of the price because of the leather they used.
eyes.gif

IMO, the white vr 6s leather is an improvement than most retros but I still can't push myself to cop them.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Ok....you must be a FOOL to not realize the decline in quality.

I mean look at shoes with real leather, compare it to JB leather. All shoes crease I know, my jordan retros from the "golden era" crease just as bad as the newer retros and the '06 V's have a tougher "leather" than the '99 V's. A clear example is the CDP Black Cement III leather and 2001 OR 1994 OR Original Black Cement III leather. Just compare the "leather" ....or just grab any older nike shoe and compare leather. It's not like that weird glossy, plastic leather that JB uses.

But when you look at these new retros, look at them. They look cheap. They feel cheap. Peep the paint. I didn't get it as bad as others, but the III's and VIII's are CRACKIN more than Fat Joe....it's as bad as that lame joke.

Don't get me started on the Military IV's or just the new IV's in general.

OP i had a pair of the newer Black/Red I's hi-top (straps to be exact)....I SOLD IT BECAUSE IT SUCKED THAT BAD...it just felt soo cheap and weak..went off found an older 01 pair, paid $300 and did not regret.

Addition, OP, in regards to the VI's....I'm actually looking for a pair of black/varsity VI's. I was going to buy the Infrared pack but when i visited the store days before and looked at the White/Varsity Red's....i just wasn't havin it. The paint was sloppy and that damn plastic leather. Passed on that.

Speaks the truth. Some of you are either too young or too new to the shoe game to have owned a pair of Jordans before the decline of quality circa 2004.

Paint chipping- yes, paint wore off on OG Jordans eventually. However, it did not chip off when the shoe is creased the retros do today. You don't even need to scuff one of these retros for it to wear off it will simply come off if the painted midsole creases, you can literally see crease marks in the paint. (Retro III's, IV's in particular)

Leather- this should be obvious to anyone that has ever owned quality, or decent leather before. What they construct retro Jordans with these days is nowhere near good leather. It is hard(stiff), which doesn't allow it to form to your foot and bends awkwardly. Instead of smelling like leather, many Jordans carry a strong chemical smell these days. One way to tell the quality of leather is to check the thickness, you can see at the cut(or lining) how thick it is. Cheap leather is very thin. (exception to the varsity red VI retro, leather was nearly identical to some of the OGs)

Overall Shape- this might not be obvious to some, but if you own the OG of the shoe it should be much easier to see. Of course, JB hasn't used original molds due to them being long gone or just to keep the original special, however the way many of these Jordans are shaped makes them better fitting on a mantel for display than on an actual foot. They are banana like and do not wrap your foot. If you look carefully, a lot of these new retros are so banana like only about half of the shoe is actual touching the ground. Now just because OG molds aren't used is no excuse(my '94 II's weren't the original mold but they still look like a normal shoe).

After half a decade of poor quality retros it appears that retro Jordans are either meant for display or JB just simply understands that there is a new generation to the game who will scoop up as many as they can just to boast to their friends. I'll side with the latter. When the price keeps getting higher but the quality continues to decline the profit margin expands. Nike Sportswear continues to make quality shoes that are no different from what they were pumping out 25 years ago, I just don't understand why JB can't either, they'll make profit either way but c'mon what they're giving us these days is a completely different brand than even 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Ok....you must be a FOOL to not realize the decline in quality.

I mean look at shoes with real leather, compare it to JB leather. All shoes crease I know, my jordan retros from the "golden era" crease just as bad as the newer retros and the '06 V's have a tougher "leather" than the '99 V's. A clear example is the CDP Black Cement III leather and 2001 OR 1994 OR Original Black Cement III leather. Just compare the "leather" ....or just grab any older nike shoe and compare leather. It's not like that weird glossy, plastic leather that JB uses.

But when you look at these new retros, look at them. They look cheap. They feel cheap. Peep the paint. I didn't get it as bad as others, but the III's and VIII's are CRACKIN more than Fat Joe....it's as bad as that lame joke.

Don't get me started on the Military IV's or just the new IV's in general.

OP i had a pair of the newer Black/Red I's hi-top (straps to be exact)....I SOLD IT BECAUSE IT SUCKED THAT BAD...it just felt soo cheap and weak..went off found an older 01 pair, paid $300 and did not regret.

Addition, OP, in regards to the VI's....I'm actually looking for a pair of black/varsity VI's. I was going to buy the Infrared pack but when i visited the store days before and looked at the White/Varsity Red's....i just wasn't havin it. The paint was sloppy and that damn plastic leather. Passed on that.

Speaks the truth. Some of you are either too young or too new to the shoe game to have owned a pair of Jordans before the decline of quality circa 2004.

Paint chipping- yes, paint wore off on OG Jordans eventually. However, it did not chip off when the shoe is creased the retros do today. You don't even need to scuff one of these retros for it to wear off it will simply come off if the painted midsole creases, you can literally see crease marks in the paint. (Retro III's, IV's in particular)

Leather- this should be obvious to anyone that has ever owned quality, or decent leather before. What they construct retro Jordans with these days is nowhere near good leather. It is hard(stiff), which doesn't allow it to form to your foot and bends awkwardly. Instead of smelling like leather, many Jordans carry a strong chemical smell these days. One way to tell the quality of leather is to check the thickness, you can see at the cut(or lining) how thick it is. Cheap leather is very thin. (exception to the varsity red VI retro, leather was nearly identical to some of the OGs)

Overall Shape- this might not be obvious to some, but if you own the OG of the shoe it should be much easier to see. Of course, JB hasn't used original molds due to them being long gone or just to keep the original special, however the way many of these Jordans are shaped makes them better fitting on a mantel for display than on an actual foot. They are banana like and do not wrap your foot. If you look carefully, a lot of these new retros are so banana like only about half of the shoe is actual touching the ground. Now just because OG molds aren't used is no excuse(my '94 II's weren't the original mold but they still look like a normal shoe).

After half a decade of poor quality retros it appears that retro Jordans are either meant for display or JB just simply understands that there is a new generation to the game who will scoop up as many as they can just to boast to their friends. I'll side with the latter. When the price keeps getting higher but the quality continues to decline the profit margin expands. Nike Sportswear continues to make quality shoes that are no different from what they were pumping out 25 years ago, I just don't understand why JB can't either, they'll make profit either way but c'mon what they're giving us these days is a completely different brand than even 10 years ago.

I know when I complain about quality I'm talking about how my CDP III's and retro Military IV's have midsole paint cracking and peeling as soon as I un-DS'd them. I have no complaints about the leather, because its held up well enough, but I can definitely tell the difference in build quality with my French Blue VII's vs. my DMP VII's.

I know when I complain about quality I'm talking about how my CDP III's and retro Military IV's have midsole paint cracking and peeling as soon as I un-DS'd them. I have no complaints about the leather, because its held up well enough, but I can definitely tell the difference in build quality with my French Blue VII's vs. my DMP VII's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom