Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quality of the recent retro's are the worst...  I wore my pair of CDP IV's today for the first time and the paint is cracking I'm so disappointed.
mad.gif
  The black cement IV's are my favorite J all time and the 99 I've had aren't wearable.

The quality of the recent retro's are the worst...  I wore my pair of CDP IV's today for the first time and the paint is cracking I'm so disappointed.
mad.gif
  The black cement IV's are my favorite J all time and the 99 I've had aren't wearable.

JB can do this because we fall for it and the reason they do it is because they figure since most people dont play in js, that they wont care or even notice the difference...they do it to save money...we need to stop being taken advantage of by that greedy brand
Stiff uppers with cheap feeling materials usually translates terribly to on the foot performance. SO yeah, they are pretty much making many of these retros niche shoes only for casual wear by the very materials they are using.

It's all illusions really. You may have worn so and so retro as a signature performance shoe 20 years ago. But in its current state, it's probably still somewhat wearable for performance but probably garners the lowest price point on the performance scale. Would you play basketball in payless/walmart shoes?

Are there any other markets out there where a product of old is re introduced only to have lesser features and not be fully functional to what we the consumer remembers?

One article/video that I will never forget is one where these guys cut a Nike Air 180 runner OG in half, along with a retro. Forefoot air was totally missing out of the retro. It's just crazy what they are getting past us.

JB can do this because we fall for it and the reason they do it is because they figure since most people dont play in js, that they wont care or even notice the difference...they do it to save money...we need to stop being taken advantage of by that greedy brand
Stiff uppers with cheap feeling materials usually translates terribly to on the foot performance. SO yeah, they are pretty much making many of these retros niche shoes only for casual wear by the very materials they are using.

It's all illusions really. You may have worn so and so retro as a signature performance shoe 20 years ago. But in its current state, it's probably still somewhat wearable for performance but probably garners the lowest price point on the performance scale. Would you play basketball in payless/walmart shoes?

Are there any other markets out there where a product of old is re introduced only to have lesser features and not be fully functional to what we the consumer remembers?

One article/video that I will never forget is one where these guys cut a Nike Air 180 runner OG in half, along with a retro. Forefoot air was totally missing out of the retro. It's just crazy what they are getting past us.

JB is doing this to save money , yet me notice their action and dont complain to them...we are being taken advantage of...do something about it

quality needs to come back...JB turned the sneaker world into a game of people actually using the shoes for their purpose to a bunch of people just wearing the shoes....come on, dont call yourself an athletic company if you arent gonna produce quality basketball shoes, JB

JB is doing this to save money , yet me notice their action and dont complain to them...we are being taken advantage of...do something about it

quality needs to come back...JB turned the sneaker world into a game of people actually using the shoes for their purpose to a bunch of people just wearing the shoes....come on, dont call yourself an athletic company if you arent gonna produce quality basketball shoes, JB

If you have never dragged your parents into a JC Penny, Castner Knot, Kenny Shoes, or Footlocker to buy you a pair of
Nike Air Jordans in 80's; or have a pair of 1st gen retros in your possession...then shut up.

Outside of higher quality materials, the over all construction of the originals were just better.  The major thing that you will notice
would be the weight of the shoe and the stiffness of the ankle support on the OGs compared to the flimsy, soft retros of the present.
If you weren't around to have these in hand or on your feet, there's no way that you can even speak on this.

If you have never dragged your parents into a JC Penny, Castner Knot, Kenny Shoes, or Footlocker to buy you a pair of
Nike Air Jordans in 80's; or have a pair of 1st gen retros in your possession...then shut up.

Outside of higher quality materials, the over all construction of the originals were just better.  The major thing that you will notice
would be the weight of the shoe and the stiffness of the ankle support on the OGs compared to the flimsy, soft retros of the present.
If you weren't around to have these in hand or on your feet, there's no way that you can even speak on this.

IMO the quality on the red/white XIII's and white /cement III's is good and hopefully a step in the right direction for JB.

IMO the quality on the red/white XIII's and white /cement III's is good and hopefully a step in the right direction for JB.

I saw the blue 6 rings today, the blue patent leather is the thinnest, flimsiest material I've ever seen on a shoe.

I saw the blue 6 rings today, the blue patent leather is the thinnest, flimsiest material I've ever seen on a shoe.

Originally Posted by jordanfreek45

Originally Posted by Error on page

i dont think some people know what hate is. liking a shoe but complaining about quality isnt hate . smh did any1 ever take the time to think that people who complain, cant stand to hear people suck off a poor quality shoe. funny thing is, the complaints are valid, but the jb slurp'n isnt. some people are so blind, they will result to attacking your character over your opinion of poor quality. its almost like they hate to hear the truth.

i mean, iv heard people attack people for saying their shoes came precreased. their response was "you gonna wear them anyway". smdh n saying "just except it" is the dumbest thing you can say. cuz only thing "excepting" high cost low quality will do is raise the price. its been happening every year.  consumers do have a voice, its just say'n "ef' me jb" but people so busy tell'n you dont complain, they dont understand how unsmart they sound. the consumers voice will be heard, when these cheap retros reach $200+ and people stop buying or the fad dies. then you'll see a change, watch. but when you got tools talking bout "except it" and "dont like, dont buy" theres no need for a change. cuz your dealing with ignorant consumers, that will open'ly say "ill buy no matter the quality". i mean really hiw dumb does that sound.

i like this question but i never get an awnser, maybe ill get one from the jb poor quality defenders. the question is.....where else do you welcome this type of treatment/product in you every day life?
Agreed with mostly everything your talking about except the bolded. I do think eventually the sales will decline,  but only because their producing too many pairs or putting out too many different c/w's. Unfortunately we will always have the stubborn consumers who will buy just about anything that has a Jordan logo on it, therefore settling for that poor quality product that you were talking about.  The power will always sit in JB's hands, because people cannot stop buying these limited QS's or whatever they do decide to drop. You'll always have that 'next man' defeating any progress we, as consumers, gain by not purchasing.
kanye-west-george-bush.jpg

"Jordan Brand does not care about their customers"

but the dude said something really important:
"smdh n saying "just except (accept) it" is the dumbest thing you can say. cuz only thing "excepting" high cost low quality will do is raise the price. its been happening every year. "

REAL TALK....people may find complainers annoying but we're looking out for you guys...we pay/support this dumb company enough that we should get something worthwhile in return.

Originally Posted by jordanfreek45

Originally Posted by Error on page

i dont think some people know what hate is. liking a shoe but complaining about quality isnt hate . smh did any1 ever take the time to think that people who complain, cant stand to hear people suck off a poor quality shoe. funny thing is, the complaints are valid, but the jb slurp'n isnt. some people are so blind, they will result to attacking your character over your opinion of poor quality. its almost like they hate to hear the truth.

i mean, iv heard people attack people for saying their shoes came precreased. their response was "you gonna wear them anyway". smdh n saying "just except it" is the dumbest thing you can say. cuz only thing "excepting" high cost low quality will do is raise the price. its been happening every year.  consumers do have a voice, its just say'n "ef' me jb" but people so busy tell'n you dont complain, they dont understand how unsmart they sound. the consumers voice will be heard, when these cheap retros reach $200+ and people stop buying or the fad dies. then you'll see a change, watch. but when you got tools talking bout "except it" and "dont like, dont buy" theres no need for a change. cuz your dealing with ignorant consumers, that will open'ly say "ill buy no matter the quality". i mean really hiw dumb does that sound.

i like this question but i never get an awnser, maybe ill get one from the jb poor quality defenders. the question is.....where else do you welcome this type of treatment/product in you every day life?
Agreed with mostly everything your talking about except the bolded. I do think eventually the sales will decline,  but only because their producing too many pairs or putting out too many different c/w's. Unfortunately we will always have the stubborn consumers who will buy just about anything that has a Jordan logo on it, therefore settling for that poor quality product that you were talking about.  The power will always sit in JB's hands, because people cannot stop buying these limited QS's or whatever they do decide to drop. You'll always have that 'next man' defeating any progress we, as consumers, gain by not purchasing.
kanye-west-george-bush.jpg

"Jordan Brand does not care about their customers"

but the dude said something really important:
"smdh n saying "just except (accept) it" is the dumbest thing you can say. cuz only thing "excepting" high cost low quality will do is raise the price. its been happening every year. "

REAL TALK....people may find complainers annoying but we're looking out for you guys...we pay/support this dumb company enough that we should get something worthwhile in return.

I had OG fire red 4's in 89, super comfy.  Wore them til the V's came out everyday.  They were beat, but still cool. Mars 4; hurt, period.  Tabs on back cuts ur feet.  Had taxi 12s since 96.  Beat them up, still balled in them in 07.  Put on CDPs and wht/reds....took them off 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom