GF decides to move to ..

OP, you came to the wrong place seeking whatever it was you were seeking here. If she's that serious in your life and if it's that serious, you should have known better than to come to NT looking for advice. None of us here know you, so how can we give solid advice that could help you. The relationship isn't in context for us to do that. So you're going to get immature responses for a serious situation to you. Maybe talking to a friend that you know is your best solution.

One word OP: compromise. Is there a middle ground somewhere in which either side is not taking the backseat for one another? In which both can flourish together? If not willing to negotiate its better to move on to the next dealership

I've never been in a situation your in but my best friend has he was with his girl for 5 plus years and she out of nowhere decided to take a job out in Spain without talking to him or even anyone in her family and they tried to work through the distance and her coming back to states during holidays and him traveling over there and honestly speaking it didn't workout. Sometimes it sucks to see a long relationship come to a end but sometimes it's for the better and If y'all are meant to be together it will happen. But if marriage wasn't in your plans after all the years y'all have been together than maybe it's time to move on also...

OP, you came to the wrong place seeking whatever it was you were seeking here. If she's that serious in your life and if it's that serious, you should have known better than to come to NT looking for advice. None of us here know you, so how can we give solid advice that could help you. The relationship isn't in context for us to do that. So you're going to get immature responses for a serious situation to you. Maybe talking to a friend that you know is your best solution.

Not exactly seeking anything in particular. This is a watercooler right? Noone here thinks in the exact same way I do, so all food is welcome at this table..

Last edited:

Not exactly seeking anything in particular. This is a watercooler right? Noone here thinks in the exact same way I do, so all food is welcome at this table..

i guess. but i don't think you realize what type of dudes populate this forum.

i see you joined in '09 but still. :lol: i guess what i'm trying to say is you wouldn't

walk into a Republican National Convention and ask them what they think about

your girl getting an abortion. you wouldn't walk into a high school and ask this

question. that's essentially what you're gonna get here. you've spent more time

telling people you don't care about Tyrone than have a real discussion.

Last edited:
i guess. but i don't think you realize what type of dudes populate this forum.

i see you joined in '09 but still. :lol: i guess what i'm trying to say is you wouldn't

walk into a Republican National Convention and ask them what they think about

your girl getting an abortion.

I realize and lulz are always appreciated. Thats why im here first and foremost.

My brother is in a similar position except he's relocating for med school and his girl is gonna move with him. His girl was on-the-fence like you, so I asked him what he would do if she wasn't trying to go and he said he would try to make the long distance relationship work by having her fly out when she has vacation and trying to fly back to the states when he can. She wants to start a family as well, but he said he's not even gonna go down that road until he finishes med school, so to hold her over they got a dog :lol: :smh:.

My brother is in a similar position except he's relocating for med school and his girl is gonna move with him. His girl was on-the-fence like you, so I asked him what he would do if she wasn't trying to go and he said he would try to make the long distance relationship work by having her fly out when she has vacation and trying to fly back to the states when he can. She wants to start a family as well, but he said he's not even gonna go down that road until he finishes med school, so to hold her over they got a dog :lol: :smh:.

:lol: Wow. I got her a cat.. shes loves this mfer like she birthed him.

OP losing and this is coming from someone 10 years his junior. 
laugh.gif

Cool, cool. I wish you the best man. Hope it works. 

I don't mean to knock you OP, but you have a potential wife on your hands and your asking advice from a forum that consists of virgins and 20 somethings who's girlfriends work at H&M. 

Stick it out, 5 years is a long time, I would sit down and talk with her though, Med school is like 5 years isn't it? Wife that up before she leaves my dude. 

Last edited:
It easy man. If you feel she is the one then support her and move out there.

If your not sure let her move and let time play out. If it works cool. If not were all men so you'll be Iight.

Honestly, we need pics for an honest answer. But either you're moving with her or breaking up and have a friends with benefits situation until she's done with her studies. The long distance thing isn't going to work out because if she's anything from decent to good looking someone else is gonna find the same qualities you find in her appealing, appealing too. After that it's only a matter of time before she gives in to loneliness ...

That long distance **** is hard trust me...I been there and supposedly everything was going to be OK but nag b distance is a b¢*". You either move with her out deal with whatever comes at you out of nowhere.

My coworker is going through the same thing. They're married, her husband is in Grenada doing med school, and they seem to be doing FINE but I dunno he might be smashing Naomi on the low
laugh.gif

/\ lol. how is that even a question. I'm pretty sure he KNEW she was applying to med school, from the emotional breakdowns from studying for the MCATs to the application process, he would have heard it from her for months.

OP, I am in the same position as you, but I am on the other end. You have to understand, that Medschool in the Carrib is the ABSOLUTE last place anyone trying to be a doctor would want to go for school. Its like that last backdoor/window to have one last chance to their dreams before its closes.

Don't sweat it because:

- she'll be TOO busy to cheat on you, trust
- its "only" 2 years, then she comes back here and finishes year 3-4
- shes going to be a doctor bro, that means you'll be ridin in a A8 and traveling the world with her $$ in no time

p.s. wife that up before she leaves, so if she finds time to cheat on you, you can take half of her doctor $$

..Grenada for medical school. What do you do? 5 year relationship. Love .. in Love.. but no marriage yet. You have a great job here, friends, family etc. No kids. Still relatively young(early 30s)? Thoughts..

I was in the exact same boat. Living in LA and my g/f (now ex) of 6 years got accepted to Berkeley to get her PhD. She wanted me to move but my job/friends/life was here in SoCal (I love LA, I truly feel at home here) and I did not want to give that up. I made a deal with her that I would give everything up once she finished her PhD and landed the job she wanted. We had discussed marriage and she did not want to do it until she was finished with school.

We had lived together for 5.5/6 years and living apart killed us. Ultimately, going from a position where we saw each other every day and slept in the same bed every night, to seeing each other 4/5 days out of the month killed our relationship. Eventually about a year into the long distance thing she ended up cheating on me and subsequently leaving me for that dude.

My unwillingness to move is something that I struggle with asking myself if I made the correct decision or not. On one hand I lost someone I truly loved and I really do feel that the distance was the catalyst for 90% of the problems. On the other hand, I'm currently in a much better place financially, career-wise, and have grown a lot as a person being that I stayed in LA and we broke up.

If you love her and intend to marry her I would certainly relocate. But if you're hesitant (which judging by asking NT I assume you are) then I would take a long hard look at why you're hesitant and address those concerns and problems with yourself and your girlfriend. The last thing you want to do is move and then resent her for it.

Last edited:
/\ lol. how is that even a question. I'm pretty sure he KNEW she was applying to med school, from the emotional breakdowns from studying for the MCATs to the application process, he would have heard it from her for months.

OP, I am in the same position as you, but I am on the other end. You have to understand, that Medschool in the Carrib is the ABSOLUTE last place anyone trying to be a doctor would want to go for school. Its like that last backdoor/window to have one last chance to their dreams before its closes.

Don't sweat it because:

- she'll be TOO busy to cheat on you, trust
- its "only" 2 years, then she comes back here and finishes year 3-4
- shes going to be a doctor bro, that means you'll be ridin in a A8 and traveling the world with her $$ in no time

p.s. wife that up before she leaves, so if she finds time to cheat on you, you can take half of her doctor $$

And if they get divorced, he'll also take on her medical school debt.

^^ Good Replies & thanks for the insights on very similar situations.

I gotta give BIG props to my man Derrtay, who put in WORK via PM. Dude dropped gem after gem on the entire process, daily life and first-hand experience, of attending a Med school in Caribbean to the point where(for better or worse), shes having alot of 2nd thoughts about even entertaining that route.

As many of have stated, its a bit of a hail mary for her.. and I dig that. last shot at a fleeting dream, and I wouldn't wanna be the one to piss all over it. But for me, going and having my career and desires plateau for a few years, based on a wing and prayed.. was jsut a bit much. And may even complicate her situation out there, more so than if I wasnt along for support.

We'll see what ultimately happens. I dont land on either side of the fence, as stated.. was moreso here for the collective insights of this community.

Thanks again for the replies fellas and especially Derrtay, who came through with such awesome insights.

:nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom