George Lopez "2 Rules In The Latino Family" vol. Mejorar la Raza

Aint nobody mad at that joke. Its his handling of it which was the main problem. I cant believe black folk would be shocked by what he said. I just cant.

Living in San Diego, there are so many things I can say, but what's the point? All I know is when **** hits the fan, don't ask or look for our help if that's how you feel. Hold your own nuts. IF that's how you feel. To my Mexican homies that aren't on that bull **** and don't hate, it's all love.

Last edited:
it's comical for them to dispute it to spite me :lol:

once u hit da jails u know what it is for real.

jail life =/= living life outside of jail.

backwards thinking at it's finest. you have never set foot in california. you just read right wing articles and hold them as truth.

Spanish speakers chime in.

While we're on this subject; what does negrito mean?

Is that a synonym for the M word?

black person
There's no implied negative connotations like negro or a black? I'm in the process of learning spanish and I was a bit naive in not predicting that the spanish language already has sneak disses for blacks like the M word.

Last edited:
Bruh I don't get this thing with Hispanics. I'm black, And My mother in law who is Puerto Rican married a black man(my father in law). Had 3 kids with him, 2 sons and 1 daughter(my now wife). While me and her daughter were just dating, my mother in law told her daughter that she should only date white or Hispanic men.. I love my mother in law, she's a G. But it boggles my mind until this day when I think about it.. Her husband was black. Her kids are black. I'm black and now all her grandkids are black.. it's like Que?.. btw she said this while sitting in 1 of 2 houses that her black husband left to his 3 kids.

"Negrito" is used as a term of endearment to describe someone as dark skinned. My mom always used to call my dad that. He's Guatemalan and his grandfather was a black man.

Reminds me of this skit. Can't do YouTube on mobile.

Last edited:

like turbo said, nothing demeaning behind it.

negrito=dark skinned, guerito=light skinned. it's how my mom would identify my friends instead of names.

being the darkest of my brothers my mom called me negrito all the time.

Last edited:
I remember growing up, I heard the M word so many damn times it didn't take time to learn what it meant. Even had a co-worker said it in front of me after my boss left and my homeboy told him "you know Danikerhino is half black right.." I straight up shunned dude for the rest of my time over there. The people that usually said that word were the ones that didn't kick it with black people and let others dictate the perception on us. Luckily, all of Ex's families loved me and never showed hate.

Back on topic, George Lopez ******* pissed me off with his lack of self-control. I remember I used to give him props and clown on Carlos Mencia. He was corny as hell but, I used to watch his show all of the time.

Bruh I don't get this thing with Hispanics. I'm black, And My mother in law who is Puerto Rican married a black man(my father in law). Had 3 kids with him, 2 sons and 1 daughter(my now wife). While me and her daughter were just dating, my mother in law told her daughter that she should only date white or Hispanic men.. I love my mother in law, she's a G. But it boggles my mind until this day when I think about it.. Her husband was black. Her kids are black. I'm black and now all her grandkids are black.. it's like Que?.. btw she said this while sitting in 1 of 2 houses that her black husband left to his 3 kids.
Maybe she's saying her marriage and kids are a mistake? White is right? Very confusing.

Last edited:
It's simple, some Latino groups buy into white racism. Within their own countries they look down on the dark skin Latino's.

You right lol
son mixing up all the Latin comics
tumblr_nn49fkyFgi1rnzz12o1_400.gif

-Not to defend Lopez's rant, but I remember watching a couple of specials of his a few years back and he talk about racist members of his family, specifically his grandmother, and how he hates that

He had another bit that went something like How his grandmother is a racist, so when she couldn't take care of herself, and he needed to get a live in nurse for her he hired a Jamaican lady. And he laugh at his grandmother every-time he went over.

He just said the same joke right here....the joke was fine...his reaction to the lady was out of line tho.

jail life =/= living life outside of jail.

backwards thinking at it's finest. you have never set foot in california. you just read right wing articles and hold them as truth.

Dude using Fat Joe and prison gangs to stereotype all Mexicans and black people.

as long as black people are "universally" recognized as being on the bottom :smh:

Why though? This is the question that's never addressed as nonblack people, for the most part, pretend it's a made up non issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom