Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

^I mean… they’re not wrong. Alicent, isn’t a likable character, but she has a point when it comes to the ascension of the thrown. Rhae’s kids are bastards and don’t have a true claim to it once she passes away.

Depends how you view it.

Bastards or not they’re still of Targ blood. Who becomes ruler/heir after Rhae is up to Rhae anyway.

Also you’d think she want to get pregnant by her uncle too just to have a stronger claim.

Last edited:
yeah, bastards are fair game as long as your like the eldest son you get first dibs

isnt that why gendry in GoT was such a threat? because he technically has a claim to the throne before joffrey?

Aemond getting jumped by his cousins and then getting hit with:
king-of-the-hill-dale-gribble.gif

yeah, bastards are fair game as long as your like the eldest son you get first dibs

isnt that why gendry in GoT was such a threat? because he technically has a claim to the throne before joffrey?

Gendry was still a bastard because his mother wasn’t married to Robert. Of course Joffrey wasn’t Robert’s son either. Which is kind of what Corlys meant when he said that history remembers names not blood. But Gendry looked like Robert and if enough people knew his lineage he could gain some support despite still being a bastard.

Another damn time jump next ep.

The guy playing older aemon is Baby Monk aka Osferth from The Last Kingdom. Looks funny with the eyepatch and long legolas / malfoy hair.

Are we still completely ruling out dark haired Targaryen’s?

895EB98D-BADB-43D4-9940-18C47EC7E7FC.png

Edit - NVM. It TRULY wouldn’t make any sense :lol:

It is funny that alicent and viserys’ kids all seem to be messed up in some way.

^I mean… they’re not wrong. Alicent, isn’t a likable character, but she has a point when it comes to the ascension of the thrown. Rhae’s kids are bastards and don’t have a true claim to it once she passes away.
she has no point at all. Viserys declared Rhae as his successor. Bastards or Not, they are of Targaryen Blood nonetheless. the ruler has the say on the matter of succession. it was all a ploy to grab power from the Targaryen family. the House of Green was the one responsible for getting rid of Daemon as a potential successor.

It is funny that alicent and viserys’ kids all seem to be messed up in some way.

Noticed that too. Their kids all acting like Lannisters.

All this family drama need to escalate tho. I want more dragons, more backstabbing, more threats to the kingdom. These sibling squabbles ain’t it chief. Feels like I’m watching Royal Tennbaums with slightly more incest.

Actually now that I think about it……..

BRB…..

Noticed that too. Their kids all acting like Lannisters.

All this family drama need to escalate tho. I want more dragons, more backstabbing, more threats to the kingdom. These sibling squabbles ain’t it chief. Feels like I’m watching Royal Tennbaums with slightly more incest.

Actually now that I think about it……..

BRB…..
You're about to get all that and more :lol:

Battle lines have been drawn, the dance is about to really pop off the minute Viserys rotting *** drops

Interesting take. You could lay claim that House of Green is claiming they're more Targaryen then Rhaenyra's own house.

Still Team Black tho.
that is Otto's game plan. in the end, the balance of power would shift to the House of Green. those kids are nothing more than instruments to instill influence. in GOT, the real power behind the Throne was Tywin, even if Joffrey or Tommen wore the crown.

The difference between GoT and HotD so far is Ned was ready to expose Cersci and got his head put on a spike for treason. In HotD, Viserys ain’t trying to hear or act on it and the rumors are growing like wild fire.

True. Viserys' problem is he has no backbone and just like his wounds, he allows things to fester. He's too passive which is why things are so out of control. Although he declared Rhae as is heir before knowing he'd get remarried, he could have done something to ensure there wouldn't be any contention between the families. He should have tried to foster good relationships between his children, while preparing Aegon and Aemond for their roles in the family. Explaining to them that Rhae, and her sons will be the heirs, and they don't have a direct claim to the throne. Had he done that from the beginning, Alicient wouldn't have been able to corrupt Aegon and put that bug in his ear about being a threat to Rhae. He allowed Alicient to run the house and do whatever the hell she wants like bringing Ser Criston along. There is no way Cole should still be a knight or even Alicient's sworn shield after what he did at the wedding. At the very least, he should have been stripped of all titles and cast out. Instead, he's walking around the kingdom like his **** don't stink waiting for the opportunity to stir **** up, all because Alicient made it so.

I forgot about that little thing between she and Rhae in the first few episodes. It definitely gave vibes that she was feeling Rhae as more than a friend. That could explain why she was so butt hurt about Rhae lying to her.

The King/Queen has the right to give bastards rank and status, so if it becomes public knowledge [not just rumor] that her kids are bastards, Viserys or Rhae, whomever is in power can make a proclamation that they are in fact the next heirs once she dies. Lets not forget they're still Targaryen.

Depends how you view it.

Bastards or not they’re still of Targ blood. Who becomes ruler/heir after Rhae is up to Rhae anyway.

Also you’d think she want to get pregnant by her uncle too just to have a stronger claim.

That's definitely gonna happen, so at the end of the day her children will have a true claim to the throne. And Aegon or Aemond would have a very long waiting period before they could rightly have it.

Since Joffrey wasn't Robert's son, he didn't have a claim so it made it much easier for Gendry or any of Robert's other bastards to claim the throne. They even killed the newborn girl bastard in Little Finger's ***** house to make sure nobody could come forward and contest Joffrey as King.

I forgot about that little thing between she and Rhae in the first few episodes. It definitely gave vibes that she was feeling Rhae as more than a friend. That could explain why she was so butt hurt about Rhae lying to her.
The showrunner basically confirmed it too :lol:, explains just why she took Rhae's personal business so damn personal and hard and has been petty looking to ruin her ever since on some scorned lover ****

Both actresses also confirmed those motivations

There was that scene in the first few episodes where rhaenyra was resting her head in alicent’s lap and it had me wondering if they were together or if alicent had a crush on her with the way she would look at her.

it's really not about Rhae's so-called lying that started it. it all started when Alicent started seducing the King. inspite of that, Rhae still respected Alicent and wouldn't believe that Alicent would turn on her. Rhae even dismissed the fact the Alicent played a role on killing her children's father. Alicent on the otherhand continued with her facade of innocence and purity. what did she do? she took Cole under her wing and inspite of knowing the fact the it was Cole that was in bed with Rhae, she was still mad that it wasn't Daemon that she was in bed with? the truth is, Alicent is a conspiring B***H ! she thought that Rhae was trying to conspire against her and form an allegiance with Daemon to strengthen her claim to the throne. Rhae never wanted the crown, Otto wanted it and Alicent went on with it. and with the things going on with the Targaryen family made her even more paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom