FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Any rape vibes yall were getting were just that. The threat of it.

Donald Glover wasn't about to have a main character get raped or even have an attempted rape scene go down in that setting.

Just like the threat of Darius getting shot in the gun range.

Show is big on giving vibes then surprising you with something underwhelming yet still shocking.

Yea there were robbery and murder scenes, but there was still a comedic element in those scenes despite what was going down.

Adding a comedic element to a rape scene would be pretty damn difficult to do and get away with. Especially in these times.

Given the times and the fact she was going to a "Hollywood/Industry" party would make it more plausible. I wouldn't think the show would be afraid to tackle that issue.

What was comedic about the chicken spot getting robbed and dudes getting shot up, leaving a bloody crying girl at the scene?

Not everything is comedy in this show.

Last edited:
What was comedic about the chicken spot getting robbed and dudes getting shot up, leaving a bloody crying girl at the scene?

Not everything is comedy in this show.

Well, the fact that the chicken spot was the lick on the first place was pretty funny to me. Also how the sassy dude shot up the whole restaurant and didn't even hit his target was pretty funny imo.

FWIW I completely get what you're saying about everything not being comedy, but the show IS a comedy at the end of the day, and I just don't see Van getting raped fitting into the plot well. Like, they would completely shift the focus of the show.

The chicken spot manager having an uzi, spraying up the place, and not hitting dude once :lol:

It was QT type funny.

I thought Paper Boi's solo was the barber shop ep
Nah man, that was for the breakout character of the season

al_atlanta_cat3.gif

Back
Top Bottom